aberdeen-music

BEST PUNK ACT - Fudge Awards 2010

The Ghost Of Fudge

e2v are available if you're willing to discuss the addition of a one-off lifetime achievement award for services to the local punk scene. That could be just the boost we need to propel us further in our careers and reward the tireless, unrivalled, back-breaking, stick-breaking, sometimes heartbreaking hard work we have invested in the pursuit of our one true dream of musical perfection. Obviously we'd thank you on all future liner notes and wear Fudge T Shirts to the MTV awards (which we'd only be attending ironically). I know I'm thinking a little ahead here but have a think on it Bri.

haha i hope you guys get put on.

Shame you had to ask though :p

Nah this is nowt compared to last year's argument over best indie...I think it was between Kartta and Kashmir Red?

Don't think it was Kartta...think it was pretty much everyone on this site at one point! Ah those were the days...

Remeber our drummer posted some of the funniest posts of all time - IMO.

Was actually disappointed not to be in "Best Rock" again ;)

Nah this is nowt compared to last year's argument over best indie...I think it was between Kartta and Kashmir Red?

I think that was a thread about a gig at the Moorings with Kartta and Kashmir Red?

The best extreme act thread last year was pretty good though. Nice to have the occasional controversial thread...

Well........... the decision here was not very difficult, And my god, why are heller state doing so well they are by far the worst band I have ever seen in my entire life!!! they are terrible, the bassist singing is like listening to my gran on the karaoke after 2 cherrys at xmas dinner, the guitarist is surely a clone of billy joe,the drummer can not play and i swear its like listening to green days album 1,037 slapped out happy hours or whatever its called.... as for E2V........blimey what a racket!!, i have seen them 3 times now, the bassist is like a standing corpse on stage,the guitarist looks a cocky twat,the drummer is good but plays 10X faster than the rest of the band and the singer well.....if the music was bad enough this kid just makes it a whole lot worse.....

Hijacks are simply great!!, the rest I have yet to see but I have heard good things about 1 of them....

Well........... the decision here was not very difficult, And my god, why are heller state doing so well they are by far the worst band I have ever seen in my entire life!!! they are terrible, the bassist singing is like listening to my gran on the karaoke after 2 cherrys at xmas dinner, the guitarist is surely a clone of billy joe,the drummer can not play and i swear its like listening to green days album 1,037 slapped out happy hours or whatever its called.... as for E2V........blimey what a racket!!, i have seen them 3 times now, the bassist is like a standing corpse on stage,the guitarist looks a cocky twat,the drummer is good but plays 10X faster than the rest of the band and the singer well.....if the music was bad enough this kid just makes it a whole lot worse.....

Hijacks are simply great!!, the rest I have yet to see but I have heard good things about 1 of them....

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on E2V and I must say that I am glad that nothing has passed you by. When we set out to start a band we studied successful bands across a wide range of genres and added elements here and there to our stage presence.

Firstly, we looked at the success of Horror Punk bands and decided that Kirk, our bass player, should look dead. Not only that, we watched a Fugazi DVD and realised that Joe Lally, one of the finest bass players out there, didn't move around much so we added that to Kirk's character. He is also blind drunk on premium strength ale most of the time which may account for his apparent lack of animation.

We then took a look at the success of Oasis and realised that Noel is a cocky twat. Paul, can you look like a cocky twat? we asked. I'm not sure he said How does one do that? to which we responded we have no idea, just give it a go. I don't know how he does it but I'm glad its working.

As for the playing 10X faster than the rest of the band, this is intentional. You've heard of double speed? well, multiply that by five motherfucker.

We didn't need to work on Jamie at all - He's been a fan of Lil' Chris since he burst onto the scene in '06.

You may not like it but it's obviously working.

e2vftw

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on E2V and I must say that I am glad that nothing has passed you by. When we set out to start a band we studied successful bands across a wide range of genres and added elements here and there to our stage presence.

Firstly, we looked at the success of Horror Punk bands and decided that Kirk, our bass player, should look dead. Not only that, we watched a Fugazi DVD and realised that Joe Lally, one of the finest bass players out there, didn't move around much so we added that to Kirk's character. He is also blind drunk on premium strength ale most of the time which may account for his apparent lack of animation.

We then took a look at the success of Oasis and realised that Noel is a cocky twat. Paul, can you look like a cocky twat? we asked. I'm not sure he said How does one do that? to which we responded we have no idea, just give it a go. I don't know how he does it but I'm glad its working.

As for the playing 10X faster than the rest of the band, this is intentional. You've heard of double speed? well, multiply that by five motherfucker.

We didn't need to work on Jamie at all - He's been a fan of Lil' Chris since he burst onto the scene in '06.

You may not like it but it's obviously working.

e2vftw

Not only does the drummer play 10x faster than the rest of his band but he has a damn good sense of humour.....shame this does not come across in the music......

This guy really is a tit.

Someone please give him a hiding, film it and put in on youtube.

Im sure either E2V or Heller State will use it as a music video.

This guy really is a tit.

Someone please give him a hiding, film it and put in on youtube.

Im sure either E2V or Heller State will use it as a music video.

To be fair if this guy want to use the cover of his computer to talk shit then he is more than welcome but id quiet like to see him make that same speech whilst both E2V and HS stand in front of him.

also note that he wont use his real name or display any information about himself on his profile

To be fair if this guy want to use the cover of his computer to talk shit then he is more than welcome but id quiet like to see him make that same speech whilst both E2V and HS stand in front of him.

also note that he wont use his real name or display any information about himself on his profile

I've done some digging...

Jeremy Kyle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

People seem to be missing the main point here, just what do cherrys do to his granny??? o_O

I'm Only Being Honest

by Jeremy Kyle

Hodder & Stoughton, 16.99:

Jeremy-Kyle-digested-read-001.jpg

I know what lots of people think. Just who does Jeremy Kyle think he is? I'll tell you. A third-rate Jerry Springer who doesn't care about his guests. But I don't trawl the country looking for disadvantaged minorities to pick on. I've got researchers for that. I've also been accused of compounding society's problems by turning them into trash TV. I certainly hope so; it's hard work doing a show five days a week and it would be a drag to run out of victims to shame.

It's probably hard for you to imagine when you see the Jeremy Kyle of today, the most successful guy in showbiz, that I was a loser once. Like the little people, I cried myself to sleep because I hated myself so much. Though probably not as much as you hate me now. Amazingly, even now I'm not quite perfect: my fault is I try too hard to make things perfect for my family for whom I am the centre of the universe.

Why oh why oh why oh why do the British have such poverty of ambition? Can't people see that if a congenital idiot like me can have a TV show then anyone can? Apart from my brother, Nick, who was the family favourite and a lot cleverer than me, but screwed it all up by becoming a hopeless junkie.

Ha ha. I mean, how sad. Nick, I want you to know that I love you and I'm there for you if you need me. That's all I want to say.

Some problems are so big they can only be addressed in CAPITAL LETTERS. One thing that SICKENS me is when kids as YOUNG as 11 and 12 get PREGNANT. You have no idea what a hassle it is getting these feckless wastes of space on the TV, as the child protection guidelines are completely over the top. Give me a crack-addict shoplifter any day.

People say I'm overreacting when I say all chavs should be sterilised, but tough problems call for tough love. And I'm genuinely trying to help, because I want to help the little people in the way my parents supported me. I'll never forget the day I crashed my father's car. He could have got really angry: what I remember though is the sadness in his eyes that I hadn't hurt myself more seriously.

Am I just old and boring? No, I'm a small-minded demagogue. It's not easy knowing most people on the show regard me with disdain; especially when they are the audience. But someone has to point out what's wrong with society, and if I can't say that the biggest evil we face is the amount of crap daytime TV, then who can?

My critics have called me a hypocrite for being a gambler. Let me say here and now, gambling may have been a bit of a problem once but it isn't any more and besides, I was a bloody great gambler. And anyway, it's not like I was a scumbag junkie like my brother Nick. I still don't see why anyone takes smack when they can have a flutter on the geegees.

Contra-BLOODY-ception. Why don't kids bother? I never wore a condom when I was young, but then no one ever wanted to shag me. I do now when I'm on the TV, though. To set an example. Though I have to say, when we find some moron with 27 kids by 45 women including his grannies and his pets, the ratings are terrific.

The joy I get from helping little people stand taller is unbounded. That's why I insist midgets have boxes to stand on. And all I can say to the reporter who broke the story of me having phone sex with a 16-year-old girl is: "Where were you when that lonely, lost girl needed affection?" I also deny the show encourages violence, as that idiot judge suggested; sadly we can't get away with that in the morning, but give me a late-night show and watch the fists fly!

The reality is, the show is a symbol of all that's best about Britain: opportunistic voyeurism for those too pissed or lazy to go to work.

The digested read, digested: I'll be honest too - you're a deluded tosser