aberdeen-music

What would you like to say to America?

fatboy

It's stupid how in a lot of American television programs if there is a british character they are English, speak as like the Queen and have bad teeth. BUT when it's a Scottish character, you can't make out what they're bloody saying and their teeth are fine. To Americans, the term British just seems to be another word for Englishman.

S'true. When I've been to America, on both occasions, a few people have asked if I was Australian. A Northern English accent completely baffles them so it seems. They're expecting me to speak like Prince Charles or Hugh Laurie. If that's all it takes then I think a broad Welsh accent would make their skull cave in.

I'm not. I simply find it strange that they have invaded 70 countries in the last 15 years.

How is it strange? It coincides directly with the stereotype of America across the world- aggressive misguided patriotism resulting in them (maybe Russia or China?) being the biggest bullies on earth.

Rep for this. But how come I can't see your rep?

Cheers.

No clue why it doesn't show. I might have opted out of displaying it during the first period when rep. points were going about.

I'm not. I simply find it strange that they have invaded 70 countries in the last 15 years.

Variety is the spice of life. Why invade the same country over and over again or occupy the same country for a long period when you can mix it up, wear different coloured combats, charitably liberate and educate different coloured unfortunates, etc.? States like Israel and China and are just boring bastards, whose lack of imagination is the real war crime.

New question: what would Peter Dow like to say to America?