aberdeen-music

The 'wondering about stuff' thread

Soda Jerk

As for firing it straight up in the air: this has been tried several times as an experiment. Very few bullets came back anywhere near the firing spot.

I've actually taken part in just such an experiment whilst at school. Well sort of... A bunch of us (six if I recall) went to the park at lunchtime with an empty glass 750ml Hay's Lemonade bottle with a screw cap. First we each pissed into the bottle until it was full up. Then we took up a position on the merry-go-round. We accelerated the merry-go-round to a high speed. I'd estimate 5m/s. Then we launched the glass bottle of piss straight up in the air as high as we could. This is essentially Russian Roulette in reverse, or a really dangerous version of spin the humans. The bottle came down and brained Glen. We managed to get it to return within only 19" of it's starting position! It attained an altitude of 15-20m. We were all totally elated, well except for Glen.

• Upvote 2

I've actually taken part in just such an experiment whilst at school. Well sort of... A bunch of us (six if I recall) went to the park at lunchtime with an empty glass 750ml Hay's Lemonade bottle with a screw cap. First we each pissed into the bottle until it was full up. Then we took up a position on the merry-go-round. We accelerated the merry-go-round to a high speed. I'd estimate 5m/s. Then we launched the glass bottle of piss straight up in the air as high as we could. This is essentially Russian Roulette in reverse, or a really dangerous version of spin the humans. The bottle came down and brained Glen. We managed to get it to return within only 19" of it's starting position! It attained an altitude of 15-20m. We were all totally elated, well except for Glen.

But what exactly is the air speed velocity of a fully laden piss bottle?

Suggs' voiceover on an old Birds Eye Fish Fingers advert claimed that these fish fingers were voted the best source of Omega3. Just like those shampoos that are voted best non-slon hair treatment, or some guff. Who votes for this shit? and why haven't I been asked to vote? Is there an award ceremony? is Captain bastard Birds Eye sat in a dicky-bow, sweating from his palms, eagerly awaiting the BEST SOURCE OF OMEGA3 award? Who is he even up against? Fish Suppers and prescribed omega3 suppliments? I wanna know who votes in these product categories, and how I can feel like I was part of this general consensus, that mass-made mashed up fish in bread crumbs is the healthiest thing you can eat, ever.

This is the sort of thing you'll never see on Mythbusters or Braniac.

what sort of anus brained toss monkey thought including the worlds most punchable man, with a shit mustache and singing very loudly was a fucking spanking idea to sell a price comparison website.

i would like to meet them and then defecate in their washing machine before putting it on spin cycle....oh and i might punch them right in the cock....yes, i believe i would.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK810i/R6BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Freddy (thats one of them, right?) is a vampire, rendering him unable to go out during the day. The gang is still loyal to him despite his condition so they wait for the evening to do their sleuthing. I thought everyone knew that.

Suggs' voiceover on an old Birds Eye Fish Fingers advert claimed that these fish fingers were voted the best source of Omega3. Just like those shampoos that are voted best non-slon hair treatment, or some guff. Who votes for this shit? and why haven't I been asked to vote? Is there an award ceremony? is Captain bastard Birds Eye sat in a dicky-bow, sweating from his palms, eagerly awaiting the BEST SOURCE OF OMEGA3 award? Who is he even up against? Fish Suppers and prescribed omega3 suppliments? I wanna know who votes in these product categories, and how I can feel like I was part of this general consensus, that mass-made mashed up fish in bread crumbs is the healthiest thing you can eat, ever.

The shampoo one is voted for by hair and beauty magazine readers and such like.

Fuck knows about fish fingers! Does it honestly say "voted"?

But I've seen Freddy, with my own eyes, sat about, speaking about ghosts and shit. But they wait til its dark to go hunt down the baddies. It's just all wrong is what it is. And why do they never carry weaponry? It's rarely actually a ghost, and just a guy in a mask. If he gets violent, Velma could give him a good twat in the head with a baton. It provides a massive misconception that you can stop a vast variety of criminals with merely brain power. Sickening.

Fuck knows about fish fingers! Does it honestly say "voted"?

What it'll be is a group of random people are given a selection of omega 3 containing fish products in a food standards lab somewhere and they do a blind test to find out which is the 'best'. These focus groups/test things are commonplace nowadays. I watched a news report about it and athing so I know. Anywhere you see a label claiming any superiority on food stuffs that's always what it's due to.