aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

But there's only gonna be one winner, and it won't be spuds... :up:

Spurs realistically only need a draw, so it'll be interesting to see how they set up. Despite losing 3-1, they looked good at Old Trafford, and were incredibly difficult to break down. I can see them giving Money Citeh a bit of a tonking.

Hopefully Spurs will nick 4th. They certainly deserve it, purely down to their starting 11 having a much less of a twatty cunt ratio than City. I think there's only Adam Johnson I'd gladly invite round for tea, but even then, he started kissing his City badge after that goal at Sunderland. Money talks. Middleswho?

didn't make sense

Perhaps there plainly just isn't much of a pull to Aberdeen as there maybe should be?

(PS: Wonder how embarrasing the crowd will be on Wednesday night, ho ho!)

there wasn't much of a pull for top players signing for Man City yet they've somehow managed :up:

i would be interested to see how aberdeen got on with signing players if they were an american franchise team and moved to edinburgh.

you would have thought that a team like aberdeen could attract players away from the better performing "smaller" teams in the league, like st johnstone, hamilton, motherwell but there does seem to be a lack of desire to come and obviously mcghee hasn't worked out how to persuade decent players to move either.

aye any fan that goes on wednesday will have to prepare to be embarrassed, again. if killie wasn't so far away & it wasn't midweek i reckon they'd have a decent support with them considering they'll probably feel it'll be another easy win against us and a step towards avoiding the drop.

Spurs realistically only need a draw, so it'll be interesting to see how they set up. Despite losing 3-1, they looked good at Old Trafford, and were incredibly difficult to break down. I can see them giving Money Citeh a bit of a tonking.

Hopefully Spurs will nick 4th. They certainly deserve it, purely down to their starting 11 having a much less of a twatty cunt ratio than City. I think there's only Adam Johnson I'd gladly invite round for tea, but even then, he started kissing his City badge after that goal at Sunderland. Money talks. Middleswho?

On the other hand, he scored against Sunderland so he's entitled to kiss all the badges he owns, including any of his scout badges.

I looked at the table earlier and found myself wanting Spurs to nab 3rd from Arsenal. I have no idea why but that's what my gut told me to feel and who am I to argue with that?

In diddy team news, York City are in the Conference play off final now, I really hope they get back in the league. York is too nice a place to not have a league football team and the ground name has reverted to Bootham Crescent after the Kit Kat sponsorship went away.

According to Sky Sports News Andrew Ellis has said he is going to complete his 33m bid for Rangers in the next 3-4 weeks.

Not quite sure how I feel about this. Just not enough information!

Less than half the price of Ronaldo for the whole of Rangers Football Club.

According to Sky Sports News Andrew Ellis has said he is going to complete his 33m bid for Rangers in the next 3-4 weeks.

Not quite sure how I feel about this. Just not enough information!

Ibrox = housing development.

Rangers = dead.

Hopefully.

:up:

On the other hand, he scored against Sunderland so he's entitled to kiss all the badges he owns, including any of his scout badges.

I looked at the table earlier and found myself wanting Spurs to nab 3rd from Arsenal. I have no idea why but that's what my gut told me to feel and who am I to argue with that?

In diddy team news, York City are in the Conference play off final now, I really hope they get back in the league. York is too nice a place to not have a league football team and the ground name has reverted to Bootham Crescent after the Kit Kat sponsorship went away.

Arsenal dropping to 4th after being one of the favourites to win the league would be quite a fall from grace. A good achievement for Spurs too, but despite wanting them to succeed, I just can't stand the sight of Redknapp, any of them. Harry, Jamie, Louise. If only they could succeed without Redknapp getting any of the credit. Maybe he could get a little bit racist, and play a team of white only players, who just happen to trounce City, but Redknapp gets lauded as the new Big Ron as a result. Win win.

Did you see the York City players getting attacked by Luton's home fans? Horrid stuff.

Ibrox = housing development.

Rangers = dead.

Hopefully.

:up:

Haha. There is a lot of land available for development which has had poor housing demolished.

But in reality who would want to buy an expensive flat in Ibrox. I've lived in the area and it's not somewhere I would want to buy!

Also... those scenes from the Luton vs York game... mental!

Luton 'supporters' have been causing havoc at conference grounds all season. when they came to the Abbey in September there was a lot of trouble. It was like being at a match in the 80's, riot police and helicopters!!!! and the fuckers won 4-3!

I really hope they get the book thrown at them and with it being broadcast on Sky Sports News I'm hoping the powers that be see sense and severly deal with them.

Hope York go and win the final, always a nice friendly club to visit and they been through a lot of shit since being down here in toilet land.

Personally I think after what he achieved he should have been given another season before being punted, it couldn't have been any worse than this one surely?

For me, it all depends on what you think the club has the potential to achieve. If solid league finishes are all we can currently aspire to, then Calderwood was the man for the job. Willie Miller appointed him to re-establish us in the top 6, and that was exactly what he did. His ability to put out an organised, defensive team gave us a memorable UEFA Cup run, but it was never going to cement 3rd place or (unrealistic expectations alert) win us a trophy.

Miller brought in McGhee because he felt that his playing style and mentality were better suited to the task of taking the club to the next level. Whether he's capable of accomplishing more than Calderwood did is impossible to judge until McGhee has been given even half the financial backing Calderwood had.

With that in mind, my take on the situation is pretty simple: if McGhee is given the funding to implement a long-term plan to move the club forward, I have faith in him to prove that the board made the right call in punting Calderwood when they did. If he gets fuck all to spend again this summer, then changing managers was pointless.

Fuck me that came out dull.

• Upvote 1

For me, it all depends on what you think the club has the potential to achieve. If solid league finishes are all we can currently aspire to, then Calderwood was the man for the job. Willie Miller appointed him to re-establish us in the top 6, and that was exactly what he did. His ability to put out an organised, defensive team gave us a memorable UEFA Cup run, but it was never going to cement 3rd place or (unrealistic expectations alert) win us a trophy.

Miller brought in McGhee because he felt that his playing style and mentality were better suited to the task of taking the club to the next level. Whether he's capable of accomplishing more than Calderwood did is impossible to judge until McGhee has been given even half the financial backing Calderwood had.

With that in mind, my take on the situation is pretty simple: if McGhee is given the funding to implement a long-term plan to move the club forward, I have faith in him to prove that the board made the right call in punting Calderwood when they did. If he gets fuck all to spend again this summer, then changing managers was pointless.

Fuck me that came out dull.

Given the financial events of the past year and a half, I would imagine there are many factors feeding into the current situation that will never be fully disclosed to the punters, especially with Stewey Milne's primary interests being in an industry that is suffering somewhat at present. I'm sure the lack of financial support would have affected JC as well but it is too late to tell for sure and is purely academic but a hefty pay off to a man producing the biggest successes for the club since the mid-90's made no sense at the time and really still doesn't to me.

Miller may have put a manager in place to theoretically achieve what the fans want but let's be real, the fans want to repeat a success story of 27 years ago that was largely a freak occurence in the team's history when managed by a man who has gone on to prove he has a rare quality that commands results. Let's face it, he is 'old school', a man unafraid to vent his anger at people who are not achieving results, not exactly a management style that is encouraged in this day and age, our sensitive natures can't handle such treatment.

When I started working offshore, pretty much every manager was like that and you were either terrified or at least had a healthy wariness of not toeing the line to some extent. Personally I preferred having managers like that, at least you knew where you stood, unlike some of the namby pamby spineless wonders I endured in more recent years.

If anyone thinks McGhee is going to get a magical windfall this summer I think they are dreaming. I would like to be proven wrong but I canna see it.

You don't always have to spend to get quality. If you guys had a better scouting network you might be able to unearth a few gems for next to nothing.

We have an abysmal scouting network and have had for about 15 years now.

The only positive thing is some of the younger guys who have come through the ranks.

We badly need a spine of experience through the team though.

how different to a year or so ago...

nearly every single dons fan was screaming for jc/jn/sc to resign/be sacked...

thats football innit?

All winter there were cries of 'Ling Out, bring back Brabin'

He signs a couple of decent players we win a few games and he's now the new messiah!

how different to a year or so ago...

nearly every single dons fan was screaming for jc/jn/sc to resign/be sacked...

Yup. I wasn't in that vocal group but no doubt all those people will still justify that in their heads while at the same time bemoaning the current dire state of affairs, McGhee being spat on etc just sums up the mentality of so much of the Aberdeen support.

At least Tony Mowbary had one good month in his short time at Celtic, well he was manager of the month in August.

Hard to believe the dons won 4 games in January, probably mcghee's best spell, with only 3 games in an undefeated November coming close with victory over the champions.

Girlfriend gets free tickets to every Dons game, so since I've got nowt on the night I'm going to head along. First Dons game I've seen since that awful match v. Hearts (1-0 loss with the Icelandic boy scoring an overhead kick). Apparently they've got worse since!?

In Caley news... JOHNNY HAYES HAS SIGNED FOR 2 YEARS!!! Turning down a few concrete offers from Championship clubs!?!?!? What a gent. He will tear the SPL apart.

2 NEW SIGNINGS ANNOUNCED | ICT News | ICT News | News | Inverness Caledonian Thistle