aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

CSKA v Man Utd in the final with CSKA to win would be better, if they beat Bordeaux in the final it'll be treated like a non-event by Western Europe.

CSKA have got a good shot though, I doubt Inter or Barca/Arsenal will fancy their chances in Moscow.

I don't listen to enough hippedy-hoppedy to contribute to this game, disgusting.

No, because both teams still have two rounds to get through, including some very tricky matches, and already the press are talking about the prospect of an all-English final. I just find it a bit arrogant.

I'm not one of these anti-English types, I find all that a frightful bore. I support the England team in all their endevaours, and I support the English sides in Europe. I just find it a bit irritating that the media seems to expect the English sides to win everything and when they get all smug about how great the Premiership is.

I kind of give the benefit of the doubt at times and think if there is an interest in a tournament it is easy to speculate. I dare say we'd do the same if there was a Scottish interest in tournaments. Problem is that it goes way, way beyond that as you suggest. Just wait to see what happens if England progress in the World Cup, the media will go way over the score and it acts as a hinderance to the team. Still, whether they win or lose it will sell papers so it's a win/win situation for the media.

Whilst it is an old example, I remember when Celtic progressed to the final of the UEFA Cup and knocked out Blackburn and Liverpool. Surely the TV coverage should have been unbiased in those games but it clearly wasn't. Blackburn were tipped to rip them a new one and obviously didn't (but how dare Larrson swear on our TV show!) and the interview after beating Liverpool at Anfield was a farce. Rather than question Hartson about his 25 yard rocket into the top corner, Garth Crooks asks him whether he felt they were lucky as Alan Thompson scuffed his goal.

Linesmen who didn't know the difference between on/offside and a very soft penalty coupled with a ref who was clearly feeling sorry for Mark McGhee makes Alkaline a very annoyed man.

I thought the pen was soft too but didn't think the ref had a bad game, or at least not in favour of one side. Reasonably entertaining game comparative to most of the pish that's been served up this season at 'fortress' Pittodrie. It was looking like an absolute doing at 2-0 and our first was against the run of play. It's probably a sad day when a draw at home to Utd seems morale boosting

Jon, ha ha :up:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS MIN!

How good it is to have player who can consistently deliver quality crosses? Welcome back, Daniel Moore. Two headers from his crosses, and then the Martin Bavidge of old pops up with a superb solo effort to cap it all. LALDY!

Gonna get guttered in celebration tonight...

Linesmen who didn't know the difference between on/offside and a very soft penalty coupled with a ref who was clearly feeling sorry for Mark McGhee makes Alkaline a very annoyed man.

The fact that not one Utd player complained to the ref about the decision tells you all you need to know about the penalty.

It was a pen. The rules don't require that a brutal offense is committed. Duff was pushed off the ball....simples.

Don't think anyone could sensibly argue that Utd were worth more than a point today.

The fact that not one Utd player complained to the ref about the decision tells you all you need to know about the penalty.

It was a pen. The rules don't require that a brutal offense is committed. Duff was pushed off the ball....simples.

Don't think anyone could sensibly argue that Utd were worth more than a point today.

Our 3rd goal was wrongly ruled offside. No questions. And the penalty was soft.

I see where you're comingfrom, but I think El Jobby has done a good job over the period here: he's largely made good signings off the smallpart of our income that isn't going to the taxman, and we've usually at least tried to play football unlike the endless route one pish as seen under Bunnet, Collins, etc etc. This season has been a total pain in the arse, but that's the rub sometimes.

Someone on P&B has George Burley as a shoe in. Arf!