aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Benni McCarthy is typical of the type of over 30 foreigner teams sign to get them out the brown stuff and doesn't deliver. Fine player in his day but that day has now long gone. West Ham are a classic case of signing shit loads of players in the run up to the transfer day deadline and will probably go down. I'm sure with Gold at the helm they have relegation clauses in the contracts mind.

Well done to Ross County for raping Hibs in the cup.

And the scum of Peterborough take one step nearer to League One with a right royal stuffing at sunny scunny.

Benni McCarthy is typical of the type of over 30 foreigner teams sign to get them out the brown stuff and doesn't deliver. Fine player in his day but that day has now long gone. West Ham are a classic case of signing shit loads of players in the run up to the transfer day deadline and will probably go down. I'm sure with Gold at the helm they have relegation clauses in the contracts mind.

Can't see Burnley or Hull dragging themselves out of there though....

YAS MIN.

Had a funny feeling that Carroll would score after today's controversy. Huge three points away to a very strong Doncaster side who I thought might turn us other tonight. 12 points away from guaranteed promotion with 8 games remaining. Beat Forest on Monday night (which we will, because we're fucking ace) and we only need 6 points from our remaining 7. Su-fuckin'-perb. Good to see Barton back in action; with him in the team and Lovenkrands, Enrique, and Shola back to fitness we should hopefully hand out a couple of rapings before the season's end.

HTL.

YAS MIN.

Had a funny feeling that Carroll would score after today's controversy. Huge three points away to a very strong Doncaster side who I thought might turn us other tonight. 12 points away from guaranteed promotion with 8 games remaining. Beat Forest on Monday night (which we will, because we're fucking ace) and we only need 6 points from our remaining 7. Su-fuckin'-perb. Good to see Barton back in action; with him in the team and Lovenkrands, Enrique, and Shola back to fitness we should hopefully hand out a couple of rapings before the season's end.

HTL.

I have to say considoring all the nonsense that has gone on over at St James Park these past few years it must be nice to be slumming it in the championship and (so far) pissing all over it. Fat Ash hardly gets a mention these days. I've always had a sneaky admiration for newcastle and the supporters of theirs I've met have been salt of the earth and could never understand why there was always so much hostility towards them.

however beer bellied geordies with no tops on in the middle of december is neither big nor clever lol! all that flab probably prevents colds!

I have to say considoring all the nonsense that has gone on over at St James Park these past few years it must be nice to be slumming it in the championship and (so far) pissing all over it. Fat Ash hardly gets a mention these days. I've always had a sneaky admiration for newcastle and the supporters of theirs I've met have been salt of the earth and could never understand why there was always so much hostility towards them.

however beer bellied geordies with no tops on in the middle of december is neither big nor clever lol! all that flab probably prevents colds!

Ahhhh, but we're all deluded and think it's our God given right to be challenging for the Premiership title every season! Oh aye, we'd rather lose 5-4 than win 1-0 too. Didn't you get the memo? ;)

Kidding aside, this season has been brilliant. There have been a few nasty situations, but on the whole I don't really have much to complain about. I don't think I've enjoyed football this much since Sir Bobby was in-charge and we were tearing up the top four, it's just been fantastic. Okay, we're in the second tier, but I get such a huge buzz from winning at the moment that I'm actually quite sad the season is coming to an end. What makes it even more satisfying is that coming into the season we were looking hopeless. Fat Ash had given up on trying to sell the club and employed Hughton as boss, while the only permanent signing we made was Peter Lovenkrands. I thought we were fucked, but everyone's pulled together admirably and the team have done very well indeed.

As for Hughton, I've given the guy a heck of a lot of stick at times (and rightly so), but he's slowly learning from his mistakes and a lot of the credit has to go to him. He had a fantastic January transfer window (Routledge has added so much balance to our squad, Williamson is a rock, Van Aanholt was class and Hall has helped plug a gap) and he's got the team playing attractive, winning football. Fair play to him.

Heading down to Newcastle on the 10th April for the Blackpool game. I think I might explode with joy if that's our promotion game.

ooh the excitement of a home match against those footballing giants tamworth rovers tonight... should make it 9 games unbeaten and preserve our status in the top tier of toilet football for another season. expect a pish crowd of around 2000 with a taxi worth of away supporters. can't wait for the season to end, bring on the world cup and building for a promotion challenge next season!

Ahhhh, but we're all deluded and think it's our God given right to be challenging for the Premiership title every season! Oh aye, we'd rather lose 5-4 than win 1-0 too. Didn't you get the memo? ;)

as we well know a huge majority of football supporters are deluded idiots, they expect to win every game 10-0 playing ruud guillet 'sexy football' and a new manager is usually given at least half a dozen games to prove themselves.

when we were doing beyond shite the same old tired posters kept spamming the messageboard with cries of ling out, doesnt know what he doing, cannot motivate the players, is tactically inept... funnily enough now we're on a good run they're nowhere to be seen.

what pisses me off is some supporters seem to want the team to lose so they can gloat on messageboards with cries of 'I told you so'.

I blame Sky Sports myself.

Can't see Burnley or Hull dragging themselves out of there though....

If being a Hull City supporter has taught me anything it's that we are a lucky bunch. In 1998/99 the horrible manager/chairman team of Mark Hately and David Lloyd almost dragged City to the the conference for the first time only for Warren Joyce to steer the club to safety.

Similarly in 2006/7 it looked like relegation from the Championship was definite until the final day of the season when Leeds Utd went down instead. And of course last season, everyones favourites for relegation managed to stay up thanks to Newcastle being even worse. So not only are Hull survivors but there is a history of sending big clubs down a division too. I predict at least 3 wins and 2 draws from the upcoming fixtures and for the Hammers to go down. Which seems fair cos most West Ham fans (with the exception of Steve Harris) seem to be knobs anyway.

If being a Hull City supporter has taught me anything it's that we are a lucky bunch. In 1998/99 the horrible manager/chairman team of Mark Hately and David Lloyd almost dragged City to the the conference for the first time only for Warren Joyce to steer the club to safety.

Similarly in 2006/7 it looked like relegation from the Championship was definite until the final day of the season when Leeds Utd went down instead. And of course last season, everyones favourites for relegation managed to stay up thanks to Newcastle being even worse. So not only are Hull survivors but there is a history of sending big clubs down a division too. I predict at least 3 wins and 2 draws from the upcoming fixtures and for the Hammers to go down. Which seems fair cos most West Ham fans (with the exception of Steve Harris) seem to be knobs anyway.

After last season I wouldn't wish relegation on any team, but West Ham have a couple of solid players for us to knick if we get promoted and they get relegated, so...

After last season I wouldn't wish relegation on any team, but West Ham have a couple of solid players for us to knick if we get promoted and they get relegated, so...

West Ham have some very good players. Infact, most of their starting line up is worthy of mid table Premiership football, but something is just not clicking for them. Regardless of how much I like him more than just about any PL manager (except Roy Hodgson!) I guess the finger has to be pointed at Zola. He's certainly got a better starting 11 than Wolves, and quite a few teams in the league, but they look woeful right now and completely toothless.

However, I do fully believe that if Dean Ashton has been fit all season, they'd be second in the league, level on points with United but a couple less goal difference, with a game in hand. There's not been a better English striker since Lineker. Fuck Alan Shearer. Fuck Matt Le Tisser. Fuck Paul Rideout. Dean Ashton.