aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Guest Gladstone
Apparently the first time St Mirren have beaten Celtic in the SPL, what a way to do it.

On the highlights I'm sure it said it was the first time St Mirren had put 2 past us since 1990 or something!!

Good on em. I'm almost pleased for them, I'm so sick of how pish Celtic are. Honestly, on paper that team should be good enough to win the SPL, not piss on it, but win it. But by fuck Rangers have crucified us this season. I've got a fair bit of respect for what Rangers have achieved this season. Probably the first time in my lifetime the fuckers have been properly struggling in terms of being able to bring in any players, match wage demands etc. and Smith has done a sterling job of galvanising the squad and delivering a the double. I'm still surprised it's not a treble, but let's face it they won't care because Celtic aren't going to win the Scottish Cup. I'm right behind Ross County.

On the highlights I'm sure it said it was the first time St Mirren had put 2 past us since 1990 or something!!

Good on em. I'm almost pleased for them, I'm so sick of how pish Celtic are. Honestly, on paper that team should be good enough to win the SPL, not piss on it, but win it. But by fuck Rangers have crucified us this season. I've got a fair bit of respect for what Rangers have achieved this season. Probably the first time in my lifetime the fuckers have been properly struggling in terms of being able to bring in any players, match wage demands etc. and Smith has done a sterling job of galvanising the squad and delivering a the double. I'm still surprised it's not a treble, but let's face it they won't care because Celtic aren't going to win the Scottish Cup. I'm right behind Ross County.

When Celtic appointed Mogga I thought they would have suited each other. WBA played some decent passing football (as did Hibs for that matter) and that is exactly what the Celtic fans were after. I guess it is a case of not getting up to speed too soon and thinking he may have had time to build a squad but that isn't a luxury afforded to a Celtic boss.

Guest Gladstone
When Celtic appointed Mogga I thought they would have suited each other. WBA played some decent passing football (as did Hibs for that matter) and that is exactly what the Celtic fans were after. I guess it is a case of not getting up to speed too soon and thinking he may have had time to build a squad but that isn't a luxury afforded to a Celtic boss.

Funnily enough, I think it is a luxury he will be afforded. I think the board are going to stick by him. I hope they do, because what he's trying to do is a massive change from what Celtic were for the past 10 years or so. If he turns out to not be good enough, so be it, but it's impossible to know in his first season.

I still strongly believe that if Le Guen had been left at Rangers and actually been given the authority to rule the place instead of Bazza Squarebaw, Rangers would have made massive strides towards being a decent team by now. As it happens, they've galvanized under Smith into a team very difficult to beat, and they get results domestically, but realistically, they're not a great team.

Celtic do now have the luxury that we've got ourselves into a stable financial situation, so it's not win the league or bust like it is across the city.

It's just fucking frustrating watching that group of undoubtedly talented football players being incapable of stringing a few passes together or resisting every single attack by the St Mirren front two...

Funnily enough, I think it is a luxury he will be afforded. I think the board are going to stick by him. I hope they do, because what he's trying to do is a massive change from what Celtic were for the past 10 years or so. If he turns out to not be good enough, so be it, but it's impossible to know in his first season.

Boss Mowbray leaves Celtic | The Sun |Sport|Football

Have you got the lottery numbers as well?

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Boss Mowbray leaves Celtic | The Sun |Sport|Football

Have you got the lottery numbers as well?

50, 63, 67, 71, 85, 99

attachment.php?attachmentid=17504&stc=1&d=1232422631

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Sacking Mowbray at this point in the season was pretty stupid. We needed a complete overhaul of our team and this was always going to be a season of transition. Not impressed' date=' the Celtic board are normally more patient.[/quote']

I think Mowbray walked to be honest. Sacking him like you say would have been fucking stupid. Neil Lennons in charge though I reckon we'll win the league and scottish cup double now.

Guest Gladstone

I think Mowbray walked to be honest. Sacking him like you say would have been fucking stupid. Neil Lennons in charge though I reckon we'll win the league and scittis cup double now.

From BBC:

"Celtic move to sack boss Mowbray"

Stupidity was achieved.

I don't believe anything the media says.

The earth is fucking flat, okay?

its one thing getting beat by a relegation struggle in the SPL when your managing one of the old firm but quite another to get spanked by four clear goals! Which got me thinking wonder when the last time either of the old firm was beaten so soundly in the top flight? I remember kilmarnock turfing the huns over 3-0 at Ibrox circa 2000/01

its one thing getting beat by a relegation struggle in the SPL when your managing one of the old firm but quite another to get spanked by four clear goals! Which got me thinking wonder when the last time either of the old firm was beaten so soundly in the top flight? I remember kilmarnock turfing the huns over 3-0 at Ibrox circa 2000/01

I think i heard a report saying 30 years.