aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Everton are so strong at home now they've got alot of their better players back. They've missed Arteta badly. He and Donovan were so good at knocking the ball forward.

Everton's first goal came from absolutely nothing, but it turned the game on its head. Valencia was so badly at fault for the second. He didn't track Pienaar, and just watched him go past Donovan and Neville.

Regardless of errors, taking off Valencia wasn't a good move. He's the only play who can get behind a full back. I would have kept Berbatov on too. He was the link between midfield and Rooney. As soon as he came off, Rooney never got a touch.

Good game. Rodwell is superb. I wish he'd have played the whole game

another winless day for cambridge yesterday, 1-0 up at half time and seemingly cruising against a forest green bereft of even more confidence than us, what in gods name does ling say to them at half time? ended 1-1, and were gonna lose 6 points next week when chester city are finally wound up since our record against them will be expunged. that will also mean no league win since the start of november. gulp!!!

impressed with everton yesterday from what they showed on MOTD, always good to see sir alex's boys take a right royal humping.

another winless day for cambridge yesterday, 1-0 up at half time and seemingly cruising against a forest green bereft of even more confidence than us, what in gods name does ling say to them at half time? ended 1-1, and were gonna lose 6 points next week when chester city are finally wound up since our record against them will be expunged. that will also mean no league win since the start of november. gulp!!!

impressed with everton yesterday from what they showed on MOTD, always good to see sir alex's boys take a right royal humping.

Fergie blamed it on tiredness from playing in Europe on Tuesday, despite Everton playing in Europe on Thursday, although it was away, it's still a poor excuse. There was no excuse. They isolated Rooney, and taking Berbatov and Valencia off were poor substitutions.

Should have kept those 2 on, brought on Owen for Carrick. Last season, when things weren't going right, Fergie was more ruthless. He'd bring on Tevez and essentially play a 4-2-4, and he should have done that for the last 20 minutes yesterday. You're not going to get any penetration with Fletcher on the right wing.

aye. ref was a clown but he was booked early which meant the chopper would have been off at some point later in the game

DREADFUL season....

Share the pain!

Just watched the Dons highlights. Deary me. The boy Nelson looks a bit like a smaller Bertrand Bossu. Was Langfield dropped or not fit?

Hopefully this frank discussion will be the turning point.

Share the pain!

Just watched the Dons highlights. Deary me. The boy Nelson looks a bit like a smaller Bertrand Bossu. Was Langfield dropped or not fit?

Hopefully this frank discussion will be the turning point.

Apparent 'sore throat' but was in the squad and McGhee said in his pre-match interview that we at some point 'needed to see what the boy Nelson can do'.

Just watched the Aberdeen highlights. It looked like they had absolutely no answer to that big lad up front for Falkirk, Showunmi. He just bossed the defence around it seems, Foster's swipe at him for the free kick that led to the second goal made me smile.

On another note has anyone seen the 'challenge' on Robbie Savage over the weekend? I'm no Savage fan but I wouldn't wish anyone to be on the receiving end of that tackle, it's a miracle he didn't get his leg broken.

It's around the 1:20 mark here BBC Sport - Football - Highlights - Derby County 0-1 Swansea City

Just watched the Aberdeen highlights. It looked like they had absolutely no answer to that big lad up front for Falkirk, Showunmi. He just bossed the defence around it seems, Foster's swipe at him for the free kick that led to the second goal made me smile.

On another note has anyone seen the 'challenge' on Robbie Savage over the weekend? I'm no Savage fan but I wouldn't wish anyone to be on the receiving end of that tackle, it's a miracle he didn't get his leg broken.

It's around the 1:20 mark here BBC Sport - Football - Highlights - Derby County 0-1 Swansea City

I like the reaction from the Derby players. Giving him a bit of shove. Looks like he got the ball to me anyway, regardless of whether it was before or after he broke Robbie Savage in half.