aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I hate football.

No, that's wrong. I don't hate football. I just hate the football I've chosen.

seconded but what can you do? Once a team is in your blood, its a marriage you cant get out of! well some do by subscribing to sky sports and supporting man u/arsenal/chelsea etc from their armchair. What's wrong with people there's nothing better than an early february 0-0 draw in the freezing cold against Salisbury City!

Aye, well a didn't mean Caahlderwood, the fat fucking orange bastard min. A Dryburgh cup win is just what we need to get the crowds pouring through the gates again.

I think what we need to do is close the gates for good. Goodnight Irene. :up:

Nothing positive to take from that game last night (or indeed the previous game).

The product on the pitch is absolutely atrocious. I don't expect us to be getting 3rd, winning trophies etc but this aimless long ball punt is getting beyond a joke. No wonder crowds are dwindling. :swearing:

We have no width in the team, a non existant midfield, a pathetic captain who can barely pass to a player in his own team and a toothless 'strikeforce'.

Derek Young is the only player who gets pass marks last night for at least showing some urgency and getting a few decent balls into the box.

The two new lads look understandably off the pace due to the fact they haven't played in ages, and obviously need time to settle in.

And no, i'm not being negative, just honest. Abysmal. I haven't seen Aberdeen score a goal at Pittodrie since the 12th of December, and even then we lost. :down:

Tell you something. Hibs have got a frighteningly good squad this season. Riordan, Stokes and Gow up front is an incredible strike force (plus the Benjelloun guy, and Nish), and they've got excellent footballers right through the team, like McBride and Liam Miller and Ian Murray. Plus they've signed Mark Brown who is a great keeper. They've got so many exciting players who are young and yet also very experienced and their confidence is sky high. I can see them pushing the top two all the way right till the end of the season.

Tell you something. Hibs have got a frighteningly good squad this season. Riordan, Stokes and Gow up front is an incredible strike force (plus the Benjelloun guy, and Nish), and they've got excellent footballers right through the team, like McBride and Liam Miller and Ian Murray. Plus they've signed Mark Brown who is a great keeper. They've got so many exciting players who are young and yet also very experienced and their confidence is sky high. I can see them pushing the top two all the way right till the end of the season.

Can see them shafting us (Aberdeen) next week. :down:

Little bit of information about new Aberdeen signing, Steve MacLean;

"He began his career at Rangers and had a successful loan spell at Scunthorpe United (where he was given the nickname 'The Loan Ranger)"

Awesome.

Then Wednesday pinched him off Scunny because Scunny are shite. Fuck Scunthorpe.

He scored like, a million goals for us too. King Macca.

I remember always being impressed with how John Hughes had Falkirk playing, passing from defence through the midfield and hardly ever playing long balls. If he gets that style of play going at Hibs they could be a cracking side.

I think what we need to do is close the gates for good. Goodnight Irene. :up:

Nothing positive to take from that game last night (or indeed the previous game).

The product on the pitch is absolutely atrocious. I don't expect us to be getting 3rd, winning trophies etc but this aimless long ball punt is getting beyond a joke. No wonder crowds are dwindling. :swearing:

We have no width in the team, a non existant midfield, a pathetic captain who can barely pass to a player in his own team and a toothless 'strikeforce'.

Derek Young is the only player who gets pass marks last night for at least showing some urgency and getting a few decent balls into the box.

The two new lads look understandably off the pace due to the fact they haven't played in ages, and obviously need time to settle in.

And no, i'm not being negative, just honest. Abysmal. I haven't seen Aberdeen score a goal at Pittodrie since the 12th of December, and even then we lost. :down:

We're not very good at the moment, that much is true. I didn't go last night thankfully. I thought against Killie we were the better team and played alright against Motherwell until they scored when it worryingly all fell apart. The thing that struck me about those 2 games was that both Motherwell and Killie had the best creative player on the park in O'Brien and Mehdi Taouil (or fitiver he's cried, canna be arsed looking it up). When Aluko is fit and on form he can be exciting (if long term memory serves me correctly) and Pawlett has some drive and vision but apart from that we don't have that type of player who can change a game. Our midfield is at its best solid, on an average day anonymous and at its worse fucking calamitous.

COME ON YOU REDS!

problem is once confidence starts to go your team can be in real trouble as I'm witnessing with Cambridge at the moment. When we go a goal down we often don't look capable of turning things around and heads drop. We're struggling to get anything against the part time dinky teams in our league and that is a very worrying sign indeed.

The mighty Pars have snapped up Gary Mason on a free transfer; one of our better players from the Tango years. Great memories of him from the SPL days, cup runs, and in particular that goal against Dundee Utd to keep us up (first time round). Let's hope he hasn't become geesh in the interim. It'll be good to have the option a midfielder with a pair of bollocks in the middle of the park.

The amusing thing is he left in 2007 because he was too good for the 1st division... :up:

We're not very good at the moment, that much is true. I didn't go last night thankfully. I thought against Killie we were the better team and played alright against Motherwell until they scored when it worryingly all fell apart. The thing that struck me about those 2 games was that both Motherwell and Killie had the best creative player on the park in O'Brien and Mehdi Taouil (or fitiver he's cried, canna be arsed looking it up). When Aluko is fit and on form he can be exciting (if long term memory serves me correctly) and Pawlett has some drive and vision but apart from that we don't have that type of player who can change a game. Our midfield is at its best solid, on an average day anonymous and at its worse fucking calamitous.

COME ON YOU REDS!

I just don't think we have enough characters in the team, guys who will get angry when we go behind and want to take the game by the scruff of the neck and get back into it. I saw a stat in the paper today stating that it has been over a year since we went behind but came back to win a game. What seems to happen now is the players look to each other to do something and nobody takes responsibility and leadership to get us back into it. Russell Anderson was excellent at leading by example and really the only player currently in this mould would be Zander Diamond.

We do have some good players such as the players you mentioned but we need more character on the pitch.

I just don't think we have enough characters in the team, guys who will get angry when we go behind and want to take the game by the scruff of the neck and get back into it. I saw a stat in the paper today stating that it has been over a year since we went behind but came back to win a game. What seems to happen now is the players look to each other to do something and nobody takes responsibility and leadership to get us back into it. Russell Anderson was excellent at leading by example and really the only player currently in this mould would be Zander Diamond.

We do have some good players such as the players you mentioned but we need more character on the pitch.

We should sign Dean Windass again.

The mighty Pars have snapped up Gary Mason on a free transfer; one of our better players from the Tango years. Great memories of him from the SPL days, cup runs, and in particular that goal against Dundee Utd to keep us up (first time round). Let's hope he hasn't become geesh in the interim. It'll be good to have the option a midfielder with a pair of bollocks in the middle of the park.

The amusing thing is he left in 2007 because he was too good for the 1st division... :up:

Mixed feelings about it, he was a great wee player and hopefully he'll still do a job for us.

But the little shit left in the first place...

Dearie me. 3-0 defeat and your business goes bust owing hundreds of thousands of pounds and you're sitting in Soul drinking champagne? :rolleyes:

Seeing Willie guzzle bubbly left us fizzingBy STUART PATTERSON

A FURIOUS businessman owed cash by Willie Miller last night told of his outrage as he watched the football legend down champagne - despite running up debts of almost 1million.

Dozens of firms were left out of pocket when the Aberdeen FC hero's latest diner collapsed last month.

But he was spotted sipping champagne in a upmarket nightspot in the city just a day after he told creditors it was unlikely they would get a penny of what they are owed.

The angry businessmen accosted him in Soul nightclub on Saturday - hours after Aberdeen lost 3-0 to Motherwell.

Owed cash ... John KingOne furious creditor said: "Willie is out living the high life while he's up to his neck in debt. We want to know how he can go out every night of the week when he owes so much cash all over the city."

The protests were led by John King, who had supplied fish to Miller's failed diner. He marched up to the Dons' director of football and told him: "Times must be tough if you afford to order champagne."

An onlooker revealed: "John was beside himself when he saw Willie in the bar.

"He demanded to know how much cash Willie had with him, in the hope that he would try to settle some of his debts. But Willie wouldn't budge."

Miller, 54, who was awarded an MBE in 1991, made a record 558 appearances for Aberdeen and won 65 Scotland caps.

But his track record off the pitch hasn't been so successful.

Two restaurants he ran on Aberdeen's beachfront, Cafe Continental and Harry Ramsden's, folded in 2005 with debts of 632,000. He then opened Skippers at the end of 2008, but that folded in January - owing 368,000 to nearly 50 creditors.

It's understood some of the businessmen who are owed money are planning a campaign to get Miller kicked out of the club.

The creditor added: "To see him living it up after the team's been beaten 3-0 is horrendous. He doesn't deserve to be involved with Aberdeen any more."

John King refused to comment last night and Willie Miller also refused to discuss the incident.

A spokesman for the Pittodrie club said: "The guy who caused the problem was thrown out of the bar because of his behaviour. Willie wasn't."

Footie legend Willie Miller in debt row | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News