aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

a bit of the old english commentator arrogance coming in from mark bright towards the end of the game 'england have nothing to fear...' yawn, there is a massive difference between the confeds cup and the world cup! yes a very good tournament and a nice warm up for the main event.

One of the ICT youth players is saying that Richie Foran signed a new contract on Friday night :)

If true, I am absolutely over the moon! That gives us Rooney, Foran, Barrowman and Odhiambo up front for next season... now if only we can keep Kerr and bring in a quality winger on a loan signing.

That South Africa free kick was one of the best I've ever seen. Beating Casillas on the side of the goal the wall wasn't covering. There was only about a foot between Casillas and the post in which the ball rattled past. Incredible. Confeds cup has been ace. I wish commentators wouldn't yammer on about England in a competition they weren't even involved in though. Spain made them look less than ordinary a few months back. England are also renowned for not turning up on the big occasions, usually due to being rattled by the media's constant STEVIE AND LAMPS CANNOT PLAY TOGETHER tripe. Ah I don't even care. I just hope they don't go out on penalties, so the preconception of England being a good side can be dropped. I hope they get smashed by a lower ranked nation. Like the USA.

how annoying is mark "should've done better" brights' commentary? as far as i recall, he was a fairly average player before embarking on a pundit career. didn't he have a stint on the popular morning show "the big breakfast"?

anyways, the confeds cup was well good. player of the tournament for me was probably the s. african keeper. felt bad for the u.s and i thought spain looked very mediocore.

• Upvote 1

bright reeks of ITV, maybe he's on a spying mission for rider, sheringham, earle and townsend to get some tips on how football commentating and punditing should be done.

and for gods sake BBC please use Garth Crooks more, love his punditing, wasted on final score!

how annoying is mark "should've done better" brights' commentary? as far as i recall, he was a fairly average player before embarking on a pundit career. didn't he have a stint on the popular morning show "the big breakfast"?

I love this post. I dunno why but it made me laugh a lot. Im'na rep a brutha up.

aye, i dont faqncy going to keith that weekend so game on!

I will also be going through (Lournie gala in the morning so will be down that way anyroad), hopefully some ROREEE McAllister abuse can be had! Shower has also indicated an interest in attending, could be a good one.....

:up:

The Beeb reckons Fat Mike's on the verge of accepting a 60m bid from a consortium headed-up by Freddy Shepherd...

I'm not sure how I feel about that, to be honest. Him and the Halls were no doubt instrumental in our downfall, but he genuinely cares about the club and would do everything within his power to try and bring us back up. Some of his decisions regarding managerial changes were baffling, though.

For what was supposed to be a crap boring summer with no Footy, I've probably watched some of the best games I've seen in a while over the last 2 weeks:

Sweden U21s 3-3 England U21s

Egypt 3-4 Brazil

Usa 3-0 Egypt (I switched over at half time just incase a miracle happened :up:)

South Africa 2-3 Spain

Spain 0-2 USA

USA 2-3 Brazil (missed USA going 2 up due to soundcheck at Tunnels, caught the comeback in Illicit Still pre gig tho :up:)

Seen a few impressive looking players, thought the sore thumb at the back for South Africa (Matthew Booth - Rob Jones-esque appearance and loves a tackle) would make an excellent partner for Lee Mair at the heart of the new look Saints team for next season, and was also quite impressed with the boy Masilela for S'Africa.

Also thought Giuseppe Rossi made a good impact for Italy, always suspected Man Utd might regret letting him go.

Also thought Egypt deserved better after the first two games, I think it'd be great if there was a really strong African team at the World Cup, and Egypt always seem to be up there in the African Nations Cup.