aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

i would imagine owen will become a 'super sub' type player and still has the ability to score vital goals, yes he's losing his pace but i've no doubt he could score some important, significant goals for them.

That's pretty much it. His finishing is nowhere near as sharp as it used to be (I've lost count of how many 6-10 yarders he's smashed over the bar or straight at the keeper this/last season), but who would you rather have coming off the bench in a vital CL tie - Wellbeck or Owen?

I hope his professionalism has improved a bit. Seem to remember him taking a massive strop every time we dropped him.

That's pretty much it. His finishing is nowhere near as sharp as it used to be (I've lost count of how many 6-10 yarders he's smashed over the bar or straight at the keeper this/last season), but who would you rather have coming off the bench in a vital CL tie - Wellbeck or Owen?

I hope his professionalism has improved a bit. Seem to remember him taking a massive strop every time we dropped him.

Wellbeck.

You seen him dribble? Fucking mint. He's like Kinkladze.

Shame he's only got one foot though. If it's on his left, he's gonna be ballooning it right into the lense of a journalist, who is sitting in the car park, at Eastlands.

owen is at last chance saloon but if anyone can get the best out of him its fergie. i think it could be the shrewdest signing of the season. i agree with murrr though he has to improve his professionlism, basically it was clear he wasnt giving a fuck last season at newcastle, he just took the money and his form wasn't great. and when capello never picked him for engerland he started giving even less of a shit. now he has a chance to rebuild his career and whilst he probably wont be an automatic choice, he will get his chances and simply has to take them.

just reading on the bbc website that its a pay as you play deal with a lower wage than what he was getting at newcastle which sounds fair to me. yeah could turn out to be very shrewd move indeed, they were saying he has nothing to prove but i think he does because a few years ago he was almost undroppable from the england set up.

by jove that fergie is wily old dog!

His performance basis could see him earning as much as he did at Newcastle if he puts in the legwork and the effort pays off. Still, he can't scoff at a basic 20k per week to pretty much have a Man United all expenses paid, VIP season ticket. Its the stuff dreams are made of. He'll be able to sit next to Danny Wellbeck and tell him how he remembers all this when it was just fields.

See at 5 mins 24 secs... did the manager say what I think he said!?

My Turkish isn't spot on but I think it translated as "he is the first signing under our new Show Racism the Red Card initiative which will see us signing more and more N....."

I love how enthusiastic commentary like that is. Dowloaded the Brazilian Portuguese commentary pack on Fifa 09. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!

Great stuff.

How do I do that? I want the English commentary because I've got the French version of the game and Frank Sauze has about two set phrases he repeats ad nauseum. On PS3.