aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

The timing of the Benzema transfer seems quite harsh. Maybe it's a coincidence, but it's no secret that United have been tracking him for a year or 2 now, and Real's offer was accepted on the very day the Ronaldo transfer was finally completed. They are apparently still in the market for Ribery and Villa also.

I really hope their ridiculous dream team collapses due to Reral having an absolutely shocking defence, with very little attempt to bolster it this summer.

Guest idol_wild
I really hope their ridiculous dream team collapses due to Reral having an absolutely shocking defence, with very little attempt to bolster it this summer.

I'm with you. Barcelona will still wipe the floor with them.

I'm with you. Barcelona will still wipe the floor with them.

Hopefully. I'm not Barca's biggest fan, but Real have made the summer quite unexciting and a little bit tedious. I think United were in the driving seat over a month ago. They could have really bartered with Real but they gave up at the first hurdle and accepted the first bid. It would have been in their best interest to try and swindle Huntelaar and/or Van Der Vaart along with a chunk of about 50mil, but they've come out with a wad of money, but all their original targets being Madrid-bound so it seems.

Mowen will end up at Stoke, Hull, or Bolton. Maybe Blackburn. If he ends up at any of those clubs he'll be just as inept as he has been for us at various points over the past two seasons.

BBC Radio Newcastle reckons a Malaysian consortium were getting shown around SJP, the training ground, and the youth academy today, and George Caulkin from The Times reckons there's gonna be some kinda big announcement next week. Got my fingers crossed, but I just know that the announcement's gonna end up being something rotten.

"SHOLA AMEOBI SIGNS 10-YEAR TOON DEAL!"

If we can get another midfielder in and Morais stays on, then I think we'll have a chance :up:

Hoping that all these new players cause Dundee to take a few months to gel.

Keeping Foran is defo a plus for you lot.

If Jobby is allowed to spend the transfer fee on pulling a rabbit on two out of the hat, I might feel slightly less deflated......

I'm annoyed to see Vennegoor of Hesselink leave Celtic. He scored some fantastic and vital goals and on form, he was a great target man. He has one injury-ridden season and now everyone seems to be happy he's leaving. Massive shame.

Paul Hartley though, bye bye.

sir alex is often shrew in the transfer market though he has been known to sign the odd dud! im sure it will be a performance related deal, owen still has the ability to score goals in the prem even if he has lost a lot of his pace. biggest problem for him is staying injury free but i do think he'll be a decent signing for anyone. no-one in their right mind would give him the kind of luxurious deal he had at newcastle (120k a week yes?). 71 appearences over four years considoring how much he cost the club is pretty shoddy though he did score 26 goals.

if he does go to man u then he'll be nothing more than a seriel bench warmer and guarenteed starter in the league cup!

meanwhile down in toiletland... hurrah the new BSP fixtures are out starting off with a 'home banker' (i really hope that phrase doesnt come back to haunt me!) against the mighty Barrow. now all we need is a few players! 4 weeks tomorrow till the season starts, can't wait!

Mowen will probably end up as little more than a aquad player. The only role he seems to be able to effectively play these days us the deep-lying link man role that Rooney does a lot better these days. Contrary to what many believe, he is no longer the lethal poacher he once was. He's not particularly fast anymore and his finishing has been sub-standard for a while. People talk about United needing an out-and-out goalscorer, but Michael Owen is no longer the man to fill that role.

Throughout hus career on Tyneside he has shown glimpses of class but far too often goes missing during games. I was absolutely over the moon when we signed him, but his attitude last season was absolutely disgusting.

There's talks of Nani going on loan, which is daft, because now Giggs is a more central player. they are really in need of something on the wing. Nani, Park, Valencia, Tosic, Wellbeck... Not looking that strong. Anderson can play wide left, but he doesn't seem as suited to it in the English game due to more disciplined defences. Then there's Rafael and Fabio Da Silva, who really should be given a chance further up the field. Neither of them are very defensively minded, and they are both fucking dog at tackling, yet they'd run riot against any full back. Better than Nani any day, at the moment anyway. He's got skill and pace and a cracking shot, but he's greedy.

I don't think United have as much strength in assisting the frontmen as other big teams do. You have to remember Rooney, Berbatov and Tevez didn't score that many goals considering they are strikers, and most came from players making their own chances. Mostly Ronaldo cutting inside, or Vidic heading in a silly amount of corners. I don't think Owen is the kind of player who can step in and replicate that. Benzema would have been perfect, but Real Moneybags have ruined the summer for everyone.

Guest idol_wild

I'm not Michael Owen's biggest fan, but if he plays for Manchester United, he'll score a shedload of goals, in my opinion. He's a right place, right time sort of guy. He'll also score more headers from crosses than the 6'1" Berbatov.

I guess if he's free, then there's no huge risk involved, and if they get the hassle out of the way quick, then he'll have the whole of the pre-season to prove himself. It's still a fair chunk of Fergie's wage budget though...

I hope they make a serious signing soon mind. Like Sergio Aguero or Fabiano.

I guess if he's free, then there's no huge risk involved, and if they get the hassle out of the way quick, then he'll have the whole of the pre-season to prove himself. It's still a fair chunk of Fergie's wage budget though...

I hope they make a serious signing soon mind. Like Sergio Aguero or Fabiano.

Nicolas Fabiano? He's still around?