aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Guest idol_wild
Excellent news.....especially if Hughes and Clarkson are among the first of the new arrivals, both of whom I rate highly.

What money on McGhee being the first Dons manager to see Mackie for the waste of space he's always been?!

I think he'll dunt Tommy Wright before he dunts Mackie.

I have a good feeling about McGhee. I also have a very good feeling about an announcement that I think will take place shortly after this one.

David Clarkson would be a good signing.

Guest idol_wild
What's the announcement?

I'm just speculating, but milner posted something in relation to it a few days ago in this very thread. And I have it on further authority (good authority) that it is very likely.

But we all know how these rumours tend to turn out, eh?

Guest idol_wild
If there is investment, I think McGhee would put it to better use than Calderwood ever could.

Precisely. Which is apparently why Calderwood was dunted. His responses to certain "hypothetical" questions offered to him by Stewart Milne and Willie Miller were very poor.

People have been suggesting Trump as a possible investor. But I doubt that massively. I'll be very surprised if it's him. But alledgedly he'll be using the investment and the positive publicity it'll generate to get people onboard with his golf course proposals. Smells like shite to me.

But I do think there will be an investment. Not massive. But an investment nonetheless. But I'd rather it wasn't announced if it did happen, because then potential targets will have their values increased because the clubs will know Aberdeen have cash to spend. Furthermore, players will want more money.

Ha, Trump my arse. I'll eat my Gretsch if he puts money into AFC.

Word before was that Hughes didn't want to lesve the Central Belt, but I would imagine we could pay a lot more than Motherwell. Midfield's not a huge pririty though, defenders and strikers I would worry about first.

Guest idol_wild
Ha, Trump my arse. I'll eat my Gretsch if he puts money into AFC.

Word before was that Hughes didn't want to lesve the Central Belt, but I would imagine we could pay a lot more than Motherwell. Midfield's not a huge pririty though, defenders and strikers I would worry about first.

Yeah, I'm not in with the Trump theory at all really.

I think Hughes will be a target, but Motherwell are going to despise Aberdeen Football Club - they'll be very hard to deal with.

Does anyone seriously give the rumour about Trump investing credence, except the terminally stupid?

Even if he wanted to, I'd hope that the club had the nous to tell him to shove it.....we don't want our club being made part of some nylon-haired chump's pathetic charm offensive so he can bribe us all into accepting the ghastly carbuncle he proposes to build at Menie.

Does anyone seriously give the rumour about Trump investing credence, except the terminally stupid?

Even if he wanted to, I'd hope that the club had the nous to tell him to shove it.....we don't want our club being made part of some nylon-haired chump's pathetic charm offensive so he can bribe us all into accepting the ghastly carbuncle he proposes to build at Menie.

He's already got all his planning permission so I would imagine he doesn't give a fuck what anybody thinks about anything.

He's already got all his planning permission so I would imagine he doesn't give a fuck what anybody thinks about anything.

....all of which makes the chance of him wanting to invest even more remote than in the first place.

Hope I'm wrong, but if AFC struggled to secure investment over the past few years, how are they going to do it in the midst of a recession?

Just all sounds verrrrry hopeful to me, but investment (from the right sort of investor) would be lovely if it happened.

Of course the club wouldn't turn down cash from Trump or indeed anyone else. But in Trump's case it's about as likely as Calderwood being offered a managerial post in the Premiership, ie not very.

Incidently Milner, surely you must be surprised that a tactical genius like Calderwood is still unemployed?

Of course the club wouldn't turn down cash from Trump or indeed anyone else. But in Trump's case it's about as likely as Calderwood being offered a managerial post in the Premiership, ie not very.

Incidently Milner, surely you must be surprised that a tactical genius like Calderwood is still unemployed?

The week he was sacked there was a two page interview with him in the Evening Express from his holiday home in Majorca. The reporter wrote that halfway through the interview Jimmy's phone rang and he disappeared for a few minutes to take a call. When he came back to the interview he told the reporter "That was a guy asking if I'd be interested in taking over a club in La Liga."

I had visions of him calling Sandy Clark that morning and saying "I've got a reporter coming round at 11, would you phone me 11.20 and pretend you're from La Liga?"

tactical genius? When did i say that?

tactical genius? When did i say that?

OK. my most sincere and humble apologies for failing to remember verbatim your actual words on the subject, you were certainly a fan of him and defended him to the hilt, I'm just surprised that no football club chairmen seem to share your view.

OK. my most sincere and humble apologies for failing to remember verbatim your actual words on the subject, you were certainly a fan of him and defended him to the hilt, I'm just surprised that no football club chairmen seem to share your view.

are you in contact with all the chairmen of football clubs in europe?