aberdeen-music

Summers here!

framheim

had a fucking ace weekend. hope this weather sticks around this summer.

had a walk down to stonehaven beach yesterday morning which was spoiled only by the fact aunt betty's wasn't open yet but we picked up some nice ales in dunnottar wines then headed up the road. when we got back to culter we popped over to the culter gala where we met our friend and her 3 year old son. had a nice afternoon in the sun looking at vintage tractors and having a laugh then we headed round to another friends for a bbq and to drink the ales.

then today we went to aboyne for a picnic and a walk which was just fine.

overall an ace relaxing weekend in the sun. anyone else been enjoying the weather?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild

I personally despise the summer and the sun. It makes me more irritable than normal.

However, I did have a nice enough time this afternoon walking to Dunnotar Castle from Stonehaven beach. But that's only because I love old buildings. I'd have loved it even more if it was dull and raining. :up:

Sat in the park in Banchory on Saturday afternoon, eating lunch then walked up Scolty HIl to burn it off.

Great way to spend the day. Didn't even get sunburnt.

Today I didn't get out in the sun at all, bar going to B&Q. Then I spent the rest of the day stripping wallpaper.

I personally despise the summer and the sun. It makes me more irritable than normal.

However, I did have a nice enough time this afternoon walking to Dunnotar Castle from Stonehaven beach. But that's only because I love old buildings. I'd have loved it even more if it was dull and raining. :up:

you're a dick.

two t's in dunnottar misery guts. :D

Friday night me and a few neighbours had our kids out playing kerby and kick the can untill near 10pm...Saturday we spent it down the beach sunbathing and eating a picnic.......Today i got up early cut my front and back grass and had a bbq out the back with the family and the inlaws over.......All in all its been a really nice weekend...

Plus i havent had to put a house light on for like 4 days :)

Guest idol_wild
I know I should have taken advantage of the lovely weather today, but I was feeling a bit fragile today. I kind of agree with Philip though...

Don't agree with me. You'll be accused of being utterly miserable, just because you prefer colder climates.

It's perhaps not the sunshine that bothers me when it's sunny, rather the cretins who spaff everywhere just because there is some sun. :up:

Don't agree with me. You'll be accused of being utterly miserable, just because you prefer colder climates.

It's perhaps not the sunshine that bothers me when it's sunny, rather the cretins who spaff everywhere just because there is some sun. :up:

miserable bastard ;)

I had a fine day yesterday walking through the perwinnies moss and round the back roads near bridge of don to a few old haunts me and my pals used to go to along with a few herbal cigaretts.

ha, fair enough. :)

Missed out yesterday due to a hangover, but have spent a large part of today drinking up on the cliffs at Stoney.

Ballater tomorrow, yas!

:up:

Was in Ballater on Friday, as well as Braemar and Tomintoul. All great places to spend a lazy, sunny afternoon.

Yesterday I couldn't really take advantage of the weather due to work and everyone I know being lame and having revision to do in the evening, but today I hit the beach and then watched Tubthumper try to murder a goalkeeper. It was epic.

I love summer.

I don't mind the sun but I hate too much heat. I like sunny days that are merely mild. A nice breeze to take the edge of the heat does me fine.

Saturday morning I had a hangover, I played in the garden with my son in the afternoon.

Yesterday we went to Duthie Gardens where my son was spectaculary unimpressed by MacPuddock. We then went to Storybook Glen for a picnic only to discover you aren't allowed picnics inside so we ate it on the grass outside then went in. And got charged 5.40 per adult and 3.85 for the bairn! And saw some folk who have a healthy disregard for the rules eating a picnic that they had cunningly smuggled in their rucksack. It was quite nice inside though. Even with the dodgy models partially hidden in trees wielding cake and sweets as if to tempt the kiddies into the trees. Bit of a dodgy model that one I thought. The Old Woman in the shoe totally leathering a kids arse with a wooden spoon was a good one too. Other than that the models were OK.

We then went home and I hid in the living room in the shade for a while because I was fed up of the sun.