aberdeen-music

Summers here!

framheim

pfft, summer. Y'all just wander into Stonehaven when it's sunny.

Well, Stonehaven doesn't want that. It wants your commitment, it wants your joy and most of all, it wants your money.

Invest in our various chippies! Get glared at by the friendly woman at the amusements! Swim in the outdoor pool, which is 50% salt and seagull shit! Park your caravan anywhere you like! Be attacked in one of our late-night ooh-I-wouldn't-really-go-there-unless-you-have-to areas!

Bunch of part-timers. Stonehaven is for life, not just for momentary warmth.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild
pfft, summer. Y'all just wander into Stonehaven when it's sunny.

It's funny...although you're mocking, this attitude does sort of exist in Stonehaven. When I was there on Sunday, the harbour area was naturally hoaching and I overheard one certain idiot outside the pub overlooking the harbour (I think it's called The Ship Inn, or something equally as shit) "Aye, neen o' these cunts are fae here - we're a' locals, like."

Charming specimen.

It's funny...although you're mocking, this attitude does sort of exist in Stonehaven. When I was there on Sunday, the harbour area was naturally hoaching and I overheard one certain idiot outside the pub overlooking the harbour (I think it's called The Ship Inn, or something equally as shit) "Aye, neen o' these cunts are fae here - we're a' locals, like."

Charming specimen.

You Porty cunts should just learn to stick to your own turf :up:

The Ship or The Marine, both next to each other.

To be fair that attitude exists all over Aberdeenshire. There's always a split amongst the incomers and the locals.

Kind of stupid considering the lack of jobs and industry in the towns and villages these days, all they have is tourism and they're proximity to Aberdeen.

Guest idol_wild
You Porty cunts should just learn to stick to your own turf :up:

Hey, I have disassociated myself with Portlethen now. That place is fucking disgusting.

Clearly, it was awesome when I lived there, though. 8-)

Hey, I have disassociated myself with Portlethen now. That place is fucking disgusting.

Clearly, it was awesome when I lived there, though. 8-)

Nah nah, you carry that shit for life. Like herpes.

Any time I've been round the harbour in Stonehaven lately there hasn't been many folk I know, but to be honest they probably are local, Stonehaven has just expanded so much in recent years that there is bound to be a huge number of unfamiliar faces. I wouldn't pay too much mind to the bottom feeders of the town, personal experience has shown that talk is about their limit a lot of the time.and to be fair the ned population of Aberdeen is no better, they are just spaced out more.

I don't get all the talk about places to avoid in Stonehaven, there isn't one bar in the place that I avoid and I can't actually remember the last time I saw trouble anywhere, the Pub Watch thing helped that out a fair bit. Maybe I'm just too old for the troublesome element to be interested in. The back of the Star Inn has however become the new Mos Eisley since G's shut down, it's quite entertaining on a Friday and Saturday night.

Guest idol_wild
you never told me you were from portlethen, this changes many things.....:p

Ha, I think I did, dude.

But on a semi-serious note - Portlethen has changed a lot in the past couple of years and it really is depressing to walk round the town now. I intend one small visit for nostalgic reasons but after that I don't plan to return for many many years. It's full of absolute cockwipes now*.

* Obviously I can relate to that as I am an utter cockwipe myself, but when I lived there I was the only one. Now the place is louping with cockwipes.

Portlethen has changed a lot in the past couple of years and it really is depressing to walk round the town now.

I think the main problem with Portlethen is there's absolutely nothing in it, just a shitload of houses and an Asda.

Guest idol_wild
I think the main problem with Portlethen is there's absolutely nothing in it, just a shitload of houses and an Asda.

And a bunch of over-privileged, spoiled, pugnacious little shits.

It's the recipe for disaster.

Guest idol_wild
This is probably my favourite word ever. Respect.

It's a beauty.

I also like the word "recipe". It looks good and sounds good. Doesn't mean anything particularly exciting, however.

At least he's not from Newtonhill. Back in 1989 when I was working on the trolley's in Asda Bridge of Dee, a guy came into the store wearing a t-shirt that read "I can't help it - I'm from Newtonhill".

ha ha saw a guy wearing a t-shirt in subway Inverurie yesterday that said "I came on Aileen" which I thought was quite amusing

Portlethen also has ........ some trees, an array of semi radioactive rocks or portlethen beach as some tubes refer to it as, we have the clochandichter which makes for a okayish read on the bog.

Oh and we only have two highly overpriced "pubs". 3 pint of tennents .... get tae fuck !!!