aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

I was about to express some extreme jealousy and call some people cunts for getting to see Bill Callahan. However I've just seen that he is in fact playing here in February too. What's more finding that out led me to seeing that The Tallest Man On Earth is playing here in only 2 weeks! Why had no one told me THAT before? 

So now Kirsten and James Broonbreed I'd like to tell you that you are the best people on this board. 

1 caveat, the Callahan gig is on a Wednesday and I'll probably have to get away from work early in order to make it. So there is a chance I may start calling people cunts again.

• Upvote 1

I was about to express some extreme jealousy and call some people cunts for getting to see Bill Callahan. However I've just seen that he is in fact playing here in February too. What's more finding that out led me to seeing that The Tallest Man On Earth is playing here in only 2 weeks! Why had no one told me THAT before? 

So now Kirsten and James Broonbreed I'd like to tell you that you are the best people on this board. 

1 caveat, the Callahan gig is on a Wednesday and I'll probably have to get away from work early in order to make it. So there is a chance I may start calling people cunts again.

http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/event/bill-callahan-tickets/83349

Saturday

So a few weeks ago a parody video of Ben Klock's Boiler Room set was put online. It's basically the original video where you can see him DJing and the crowd dancing behind him but the audio has been changed. The first few minutes really just take the piss out of minimal techno with various noises and bleeps and bloops but about the 4 minute mark it kicks in to the grandstand theme tune which amazingly fits the tempo of the dancers and Klock's actions with the equipment. I'd forgotten just how great the grandstand song is by the way.

Here's the video

And so a few days he actually played grandstand while DJing at the liquid rooms in Edinburgh.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153523533730305&set=vb.555070304&type=2&theater

I wish I'd been there. Now every techno night I go to I'm going to be longing for old bbc theme tunes.

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Upvote 2

I remember watching a Richie Hawtin Boiler Room set and this poor drunk girl was trying to get his attention by dancing as close and as seductively as possible.  He probably fucked her afterwards, but he was far too involved in his set to be dealing with her at the time.

Edited by Scootray