aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Received the new Red Fang CD from Amazon yesterday, when I opened the cardboard envelope it was devoid of the usual plastic wrapping you usually get on a new CD, when I looked at the back of the digipack sleeve it appears to be signed in marker pen by the 4 band members. Which is a bit bizarre but cool if genuine. Not sure how I ever find out.....never had this with a new CD but in the past I have bought second hand CD's by The Damned and Kyuss on-line that were both signed.

• 2 weeks later...

Taking tuesdays off work is ace-ic. It's the new long weekend. My monday felt like a friday and sunday wasn't as much of a 'gotta go back to work tomorrow' day. I hate people who talk about weekdays as if they mean something (ugh humpday eh?) but you get my point. A friend I hadn't seen in years is in town this week so I took yesterday off to fanny about with him - It was perfect. Got up late, a massive stack of pancakes for breakfast, went around pubs drinking for cheap because everywhere had happy hours, found a bar showing the godfather trilogy all day, camped out there all day, home half-cut by 8 and in bed by 10. Lovely.

Expecting a delivery via Interlink Express.  Just got an email saying it's due in the next wee while. Went on their website and I can see a specific one hour window, the name of the driver and they even show that he's currently on delivery no 1 while I'm delivery no 13. Apparently he's approx. 1 hour 15 mins away from me and there's a google map with a wee van icon showing where he is in Aberdeen right now.

This is BRILLIANT!  All couriers should do this.

http://imgur.com/2delI3x

Expecting a delivery via Interlink Express.  Just got an email saying it's due in the next wee while. Went on their website and I can see a specific one hour window, the name of the driver and they even show that he's currently on delivery no 1 while I'm delivery no 13. Apparently he's approx. 1 hour 15 mins away from me and there's a google map with a wee van icon showing where he is in Aberdeen right now.

This is BRILLIANT!  All couriers should do this.

http://imgur.com/2delI3x

I like the Herpes approach of just hoying all your mail into your wheely bin and slipping a note under your door saying 'in the bin'.

I like the Herpes approach of just hoying all your mail into your wheely bin and slipping a note under your door saying 'in the bin'.

Aye they do that to us as well.  Great if the note gets caught in the letterbox and never makes it into the house and you don't check the bin before rolling it onto the pavement...

Been pretty skint. I need to pay for a college course. Borrowed the money of my mum but even if I pay for that I'll still be skint for a week. Was shitting it.

Phoned the college, got told that if I just go along and fill out the paperwork and not pay, they'll chase the tutor for payment before me, and as long as I pay it on the 20th then I should be golden. 

Thank fuck.

In other news, I phoned my boss an hour after I finished work last night asking for today off, he said yes. Today's just all sorts of ace-ic.

You said the tutor gets chased for payment before you...

She said she'd be happy to do it. It's not like I've just lumbered her with it. I was offering to miss the first 2 classes and go once I had paid, it was her that told me to not worry and to just come along and she'll take any schtick there might be for me having not paid... Which I thought was pretty ace-ic.