aberdeen-music

Jade is dead...

Hog

Some mental apparently managed to get into her hospital room with a hammer but was caught before getting the chance to use it. When my other half was in hospital having our son it took them 2 days to bother coming to tell us where the milk and stuff was kept, but THIS they are on the ball for....

you're surprised that staff notice armed people breaking into hospital rooms?

Some mental apparently managed to get into her hospital room with a hammer but was caught before getting the chance to use it. When my other half was in hospital having our son it took them 2 days to bother coming to tell us where the milk and stuff was kept, but THIS they are on the ball for....

Pretty sure the milk's kept in the paps.

• Upvote 2

Sigh. Rightly or wrongly, I was being flippant about the fact someone could have ended the barrage of 'Jade goes for her last piss' type headlines.

I wasn't really doing an in-depth expose of hospital security and the varying success of such dependent on illness category.

And yes, the milk does come in the baps but also in wee bottles of formula.

this is a cop n paste job:

Jade Goody A Biography

1. She faced court action over thousands of pounds of unpaid rent.

2. Just hours after arriving (on Big Brother), she had flashed one of her boobs and left viewers stunned with a torrent of foul language.

3. Jade was a figure of ridicule. She was branded a pig, two-faced and ignorant. Rival contestants labelled her thick and ugly.

4. Viewers switched on to watch tipsy Jade strip off during a drinking game to flash her kebab.

5. She thought East Anglia was called East Angular, and that it was somewhere near Tunisia. And she reckoned Rio de Janeiro was a person.

6. Jade kept trotting out the clangers . . . Mona Lisa was painted by Pistachio, Mother Teresa was from Germany, Portugal was in Spain and Saddam Hussein was a boxer.

7. Jade put it best herself when she confessed: I may not be the sharpest tool in the sandwich box.

8. If I hadnt made it on Big Brother I would probably have been living in a council flat with my mum.

9. Lapping up the publicity, she once told a reporter she planned to dedicate a room in her house to all her front-page covers.

10. She started dating Jack Tweed. Jade had spotted him in a nightclub before, but had no idea he was six years her junior. She was smitten from the start, and the couple had sex on their first date at Londons Sanderson Hotel.

11. Their romance was to be played out in the full glare of the public when they both went into the Celebrity Big Brother house in 2007joined by Jades mum Jackiey. But the programme that made Jade almost broke her this time as she became embroiled in a race row with Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty. She ranted at the actress: Youre not some princess in f*****g Neverland. I dont give a s**t. Youre a normal housemate like everybody else. You need to come to terms with that. She added: Go back to the slums and find out what real life is about lady.

12. Later Jade confessed she wanted to headbutt the Indian actress and branded her Shilpa Poppadom.

13. Jades popularity nosedived overnight and Ofcom received a staggering 45,000 complaints. Her perfume was removed from the shelves and her autobiography dropped by publishers.

14. She then contracted cancer and turned out to be a fucking saint.

Guest treader.
this is a cop n paste job:

Jade Goody A Biography

1. She faced court action over thousands of pounds of unpaid rent.

2. Just hours after arriving (on Big Brother), she had flashed one of her boobs and left viewers stunned with a torrent of foul language.

3. Jade was a figure of ridicule. She was branded a pig, two-faced and ignorant. Rival contestants labelled her thick and ugly.

4. Viewers switched on to watch tipsy Jade strip off during a drinking game to flash her kebab.

5. She thought East Anglia was called East Angular, and that it was somewhere near Tunisia. And she reckoned Rio de Janeiro was a person.

6. Jade kept trotting out the clangers . . . Mona Lisa was painted by Pistachio, Mother Teresa was from Germany, Portugal was in Spain and Saddam Hussein was a boxer.

7. Jade put it best herself when she confessed: I may not be the sharpest tool in the sandwich box.

8. If I hadnt made it on Big Brother I would probably have been living in a council flat with my mum.

9. Lapping up the publicity, she once told a reporter she planned to dedicate a room in her house to all her front-page covers.

10. She started dating Jack Tweed. Jade had spotted him in a nightclub before, but had no idea he was six years her junior. She was smitten from the start, and the couple had sex on their first date at Londons Sanderson Hotel.

11. Their romance was to be played out in the full glare of the public when they both went into the Celebrity Big Brother house in 2007joined by Jades mum Jackiey. But the programme that made Jade almost broke her this time as she became embroiled in a race row with Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty. She ranted at the actress: Youre not some princess in f*****g Neverland. I dont give a s**t. Youre a normal housemate like everybody else. You need to come to terms with that. She added: Go back to the slums and find out what real life is about lady.

12. Later Jade confessed she wanted to headbutt the Indian actress and branded her Shilpa Poppadom.

13. Jades popularity nosedived overnight and Ofcom received a staggering 45,000 complaints. Her perfume was removed from the shelves and her autobiography dropped by publishers.

14. She then contracted cancer and turned out to be a fucking saint.

Absolutely spot on. Or to quote Death Cab (near enough):

"she was a bastard in life thus a bastard in death"

Absolutely spot on. Or to quote Death Cab (near enough):

"she was a bastard in life thus a bastard in death"

How does being ignorant / having a below-average intelligence make you a 'bastard' ? I don't think (m)any people are calling Jade Goody a 'saint,' either. It just seems incredibly disgusting to imply that she 'deserves' cancer, or that it's not a bad thing to happen.

Obviously, there are more important things that could be covered in the news, but this isn't a unique case - just see the recent Sunday Express front page cover on the "shame" of Dunblane survivors for another piece of scumbag journalism. But if one person gets a smear test and has cancer detected at the right time because of this, then I can probably live with a few months of a minor celebrity being at the forefront of tabloid (read, tabloid, there are other, better sources of news that you could consult if you're so angered by seeing her in newspapers) reporting.

How does being ignorant / having a below-average intelligence make you a 'bastard' ? I don't think (m)any people are calling Jade Goody a 'saint,' either. It just seems incredibly disgusting to imply that she 'deserves' cancer, or that it's not a bad thing to happen.

Obviously, there are more important things that could be covered in the news, but this isn't a unique case - just see the recent Sunday Express front page cover on the "shame" of Dunblane survivors for another piece of scumbag journalism. But if one person gets a smear test and has cancer detected at the right time because of this, then I can probably live with a few months of a minor celebrity being at the forefront of tabloid (read, tabloid, there are other, better sources of news that you could consult if you're so angered by seeing her in newspapers) reporting.

Well said. Some people are just trying to be sensationalist with what they say and it's wearing as thin as hearing about Jade's illness.

Guest treader.

I just don't see why she deserves such special treatment* when she isnt actually famous for doing anything other than getting naked, being pretty ignorant and making racist remarks. You're right about this raising awareness though, I guess I hadn't thought of it that way.

*when I say treatment, I mean within the media, rather than actual medical treatment.

Guest treader.
I am happily managing to avoid all things Goody without really trying. Simply pay no attention, apart from seeing her much pass me now, and again and hey presto, not something to get in a fizz about!

I'm gonna take this advice.

I just don't see why she deserves such special treatment* when she isnt actually famous for doing anything other than getting naked, being pretty ignorant and making racist remarks. You're right about this raising awareness though, I guess I hadn't thought of it that way.

*when I say treatment, I mean within the media, rather than actual medical treatment.

People (in general) don't care why people are famous, if fame was 'awarded' upon merit, we'd be reading about doctors, charity workers, teachers, soldiers in Hello and OK! magazine. But we don't, because the world of celebrity is an escape for the people who are obsessed with it. And by reading about someone from a council estate who's done 'nothing' making 'something' of herself, it provides that little extra piece of aspiration - that thought that they too, can make something of themselves. Something which reading an article about Paris Hilton probably isn't going to.

Yeah, shame the PCC is pretty useless unfortunately (for a start they don't look into third party complaints?!!!). Thankfully, there are a few decent blogs putting pressure on the Express and their advertisers / Facebook group promoting it, etc. The more I think about that story, the angrier I get.

Guest treader.

That's what I mean though...I feel like why people are famous should be considered.

In my eyes, people should be famous because they are skilled within a certain field, or have created something new.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I don't have a perfume.

Yeah, shame the PCC is pretty useless unfortunately (for a start they don't look into third party complaints?!!!). Thankfully, there are a few decent blogs putting pressure on the Express and their advertisers / Facebook group promoting it, etc. The more I think about that story, the angrier I get.

First I've heard of it. Link to the story anywhere?

First I've heard of it. Link to the story anywhere?

http://i41.tinypic.com/2up2tmt.jpg - names and pictures blacked out (bear in mind that this was also on the FRONT PAGE of the paper).

It's also available in plain text here - http://www.apathysketchpad.com/blog/wp-content/dunblane-express-rant.txt

If anyone is on Facebook, it'd be appreciated if you could take a look at this:

The Sunday Express is abhorrent | Facebook