aberdeen-music

Jade is dead...

Hog

Right I'm off to buy this week's Heat and cry into my sandwiches because my own life is so boring I obsessively have to read about celebrities lives to make me feel better. Nothing makes me happier than learning that Benji Madden and Nicole Ritchie might be splitting up, or that Courtney Cox might be getting fat.

According to Holy Moly Heat have had two editions ready to print for the last few weeks, one ordinary version, and one Jade tribute edition.

They are charging double for the advertising space on the latter.

I was innocently walking through Tesco yesterday and the OK mag caught my eye. I was like "fucking hell, has Jade Goody died? And did they have this tribute mag printed and waiting for her to die?" I opened it and had a quick flick through, and then decided the sick bastards must have just released a magazine before she had actually died. It was only later in the day I discovered she had actually died on Sunday morning.

OK magazine are a bunch of sick bastards. Seriously sick bastards.

By the way - does this mean Jade Goody has joined the 27 club?

That episode's back cover was an advertisement for 'Ghost' perfume. Make of that what you will.

honestly what a load of nonsense this whole pantomime is. turned on the today programme on radio 4 1st thing yesterday morning and they were still bloody harping on about it, went to tescos and couldnt resist a peek a the papers, both the sun and mirror had ridiculously long tributes to her going on about how brave she is blah blah blah. even the guardian gave it quite a lot of coverage.

these are the same tabloids that a couple of years ago were branding her as racist pig but suddenly cos she has terminal cancer she's some kind of heroine. still anything to flog one of yer oily rags eh rupert? bloody hell even stephen fry was comparing her to princess diana! for goodness sake its no wonder this country is a fucked up mess!

anyone dying that young especially with kids is tragic but this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion.

I've never liked her, but I really do sympathise with her family etc, and wouldn't wish cancer upon anyone. However it truly disgusts me the way the media has just latched onto it to make money from the idiot public and their fascination with celebrity. I believe the Sun had the headline "national tragedy" when the news it was terminal broke. No, it is not a fucking national tragedy, a damned shame, for sure, but national tragedy??!?! I think not. On the same day, the plane crash in New York which killed 14 or so people was in a side column on page 5 or 6. Surely 14 deaths in such a manner is more tragic than one person being diagnosed with terminal cancer. I don't hold anything against her for making as much money to leave her sons as possible by selling her stories to the press, that's fair play. Encouraging people to get checked for cervical cancer is also highly beneficial. I'm just pissed off at how the media (primarily tabloid rags, it must be said) have gone from telling us she is a racist idiot to saying she is some sort of angel or saint in a couple of very short years.

jesus h christ, a film of her life? how blinking predictable is that? sad thing is the masses of heat/ok magazine/the sun etc who adore her will go and see it in droves.

richard curtis to write/direct it with hugh grant as goody and bill nighy as her mother. and eric cantona as jack tweed!