aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

Has anybody been watching Tina Fey's show, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt? It's on Netflix and it's nae bad.

I huvnae but I intend on watching it.

I've mostly been watching friends from the beginning on Netflix. I will defend that show to the death. Fantastic sit com with great characters. Guaranteed at least one belly laugh per episode and despite the hype at the time of the ross/Rachel saga, it doesn't actually ever get too sentimental. Watching it with some distance (don't get e4 in poland) has made me like it even more than I already did.

Brooklyn nine nine is chugging along nicely.

Dunno what to think of last man on earth yet. First two episodes were pretty good but not sure where it's going yet. Really like the premise and the forced sparsity it causes.

• Upvote 1

I've mostly been watching friends from the beginning on Netflix. I will defend that show to the death. Fantastic sit com with great characters. Guaranteed at least one belly laugh per episode and despite the hype at the time of the ross/Rachel saga, it doesn't actually ever get too sentimental. Watching it with some distance (don't get e4 in poland) has made me like it even more than I already did.

It's a decent show. I've never understood the flack it gets. Perhaps because it's on all the time between E4 and now Comedy Central, people got sick of it. It's pretty crazy that a sitcom that finished over 10 years ago is still on 3 or 4 times a day, every day, with weekend marathons. They probably should start to reel it in a bit, especially now it's on Netflix.

It's still enjoyable to watch. Ross is superb.

tumblr_lkom0riPwT1qaoufto1_500.gif

+1 for the Friends love. It's a pretty perfectly written sitcom when you watch it for what it is: light-hearted don't-invest-too-much entertainment.

Worst storyline: JOEY LOVES RACHEL. Unconvincing.

Dat final episode though, seemed to cause a bit of dust to circulate the room, might be the music they used or something.

Does anyone watch Episodes?

Has anybody been watching Tina Fey's show, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt? It's on Netflix and it's nae bad.

Nope but I've heard good things, I didn't know Tina Fey was involved.  

My recent watching has been the current seasons of The Americans, Elementary and Modern Family.  

I also started watching Grey's Anatomy which is completely formulaic tv drama but a good watch.

I watched all 4 episodes for Southcliffe yesterday.

Pretty darned, depressingly good.

Not sure if there's plans for a second season but I think there was a few ends needing tied up so I reckon they could manage another four episodes. Perhaps it's better to just leave it there though.

The only drawback was Shirley Henderson going above and beyond to make herself even more annoying than she's previously ever been. Fuck knows how she managed to pull that one off like.

Sean Harris plays the feral psycho very well - as usual.

Did anybody watch the latest series of House Of Cards? I just finished it last night...

It seemed quite obvious from the Frank vs. Claire nature of the whole series that it would end with the demise of Team Underwood, but now we must divide into our factions. I'm getting a 'Team Claire' t-shirt made.

Series good on the whole. Why can't Stamper be happy? He didn't need to do what he did...

I stopped watching Community ages ago, but decided to carry on with it, and now I'm almost caught up.

The Lava episode in season 5 is the greatest. I think I might have had something in my eye right at the end. It also being the scene when Troy leaves forever is purely coincidental..

Edited by Soda van Jerk

I stopped watching Community ages ago, but decided to carry on with it, and now I'm almost caught up.

The Lava episode in season 5 is the greatest. I think I might have had something in my eye right at the end. It also being the scene when Troy leaves forever is purely coincidental..

I thought the opposite. I thought it felt forced.

"Troy and Abed in a bubble" made me glad to see Troy leave. Abed is a much better character in the last episodes and the new season (which is excellent)

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the first 2 episodes of The West Wing.

I think Leo is my favourite so far.  His slap down of the vice pres was great.

Such a good series (though it does have a definite dip towards the end, picking up again for the last season).  I bet you hate Mandy already. Everyone hates her.