aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

Oh God, is that what happens to Parks and Rec?  I watched the first two episodes and couldn't believe how much it ripped off US Office.  Is it worth persisting with?

B99 is pretty hit and miss, but as Old Gold says, is frequently saved just by Andy Samberg's face.  It's similar with Will Ferrell and Jason Segel; their faces just make me laugh.  I freaking love both the chicks in that programme.  The Captain's assistant is too annoying for words, however. 

Oh God, is that what happens to Parks and Rec?  I watched the first two episodes and couldn't believe how much it ripped off US Office.  Is it worth persisting with?

B99 is pretty hit and miss, but as Old Gold says, is frequently saved just by Andy Samberg's face.  It's similar with Will Ferrell and Jason Segel; their faces just make me laugh.  I freaking love both the chicks in that programme.  The Captain's assistant is too annoying for words, however. 

Parks and Rec is the greatest show in the universe. Watch it. Stick through season 1 and by the end of season 2 you'll be in love.

xx

• Upvote 2

Parks and rec season 2 is completely different. It's like chalk and cheese. I'm still enjoying it and it's what... 6 seasons in. Definitely give it another go if you can.

I'm the same with Samberg, he just cracks me up. I kinda feel like he needs to be given more free range in B99 - he plays the role fairly straight and I want to see some gurning and impressions, etc.

I kinda fancy the captain's assistant. there's something about her.

Parks and rec season 2 is completely different. It's like chalk and cheese. I'm still enjoying it and it's what... 6 seasons in. Definitely give it another go if you can.

I'm the same with Samberg, he just cracks me up. I kinda feel like he needs to be given more free range in B99 - he plays the role fairly straight and I want to see some gurning and impressions, etc.

I kinda fancy the captain's assistant. there's something about her.

This. Plus Chelsea Peretti is funny in her own right too, and she used to be a writer on Parks and Rec.

I've never given Archer a go. I assume it's worthwhile? I find a lot of the late-night cartoons a bit difficult to get into. They always get a bit too 'so random' for my taste. People seem to put Archer a level above the likes of family guy, etc. I quite liked bob's burger actually.

I thought Archer would suck but over the last 3 days I've watched every episode on Netflix. It's really fucking funny. It's written like a sitcom, but with secret-agent antics instead of a regular work environment.

xx

• Upvote 1

Cool i'll give it a go at some point i think

Totally unrelated... last night I was somehow reminded about the Tv show from a few years back called Lost. Not the US show, the reality-docu game show that ran for a while on channel 4 in the early 2000s. Does anyone else remember it? It was fucking amazing. I've since found out I can stream it on Hulu (not sure bout UK) - that's my next week sorted.

I'd say you don't even really need to watch Season 1. Alot of the characters seem to change direction a fair bit in Season 2 anyway. Just dive straight in to two.

As ca_gere put it, "Female Michael Scott" was my exact thought of Season 1 as well, but that changes and Lesley becomes a more endearing character. The set up is pretty much the same as The Office though. It was originally intended to be an Office spin-off, but they made it it's own thing, with a number of the same people involved.

Alot of mixed opinion of B99. I love it. It's very easy watching. Like Scrubs, but a different emergency service. Silly cutaways. No real flowing story to keep up with. One of the better current sitcoms.

I've never given Archer a go. I assume it's worthwhile? I find a lot of the late-night cartoons a bit difficult to get into. They always get a bit too 'so random' for my taste. People seem to put Archer a level above the likes of family guy, etc. I quite liked bob's burger actually.

It holds a plot down way better than Venture Bros for example. The voice acting is pretty much all big hitters too. It can be a kinda gratingly self-aware at times (taking the piss out of its own spy cliches etc), but generally really great writing.

Chelsea Peretti is dead funny.  Her character started as kind of a blatant rip off of the secretary from Archer which kinda bugged me, but she's definitely coming into her own.

I love her. She is all kinds of crazy. That probably says more about me than anything. I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Sarge. I love the episode where they are working all weekend and he doesn't want to go home.

Season 1 was good, season 2 it started to annoy me and season 3 has been mostly pants so far. I binge watched 1 and 2 and I think I found the negative aspects easier to ignore then but watching this new season an episode at a time has left me thinking I might be wasting my time.

Girls did lose its shine pretty swiftly.  I've acquisition the first couple episodes of the new series, but I haven't been arsed watching them yet.  I sort of suspect that under it's arty New York surface, it's pretty much Made In Chelsea for cool people.