aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

I just finished the most recent Game of Thrones on Sky Atlantic last night, after watching the first season in the last couple o’ weeks. I’m really enjoying it so far. All the characters are really good and well developed and all the prostitutes are sexy. There’s almost a bit too much story to tell at times as there are about 7 or 8 narratives going on at once. There’s also heaps of violence and beheadings and what not. Cool.

I definitely recommend it to y’all, but I’d probably only watch it if you enjoy that sort of fantasy fiction.

When watching Game of Thrones, all I hear is, "that didn't happen in the book", "He didn't say that", "They didn't do that", "Why have they cut that bit out", "why is the focus not on the wolves more", "She/he should be younger, hate him/her".

It's my fault for giving her the books to listen to.

I don't think it's been all that strong this season. Still pretty watchable, but there's just no amazing hooks (bar a few good lines from Britta and Annie). Only two episodes that really stood out for me plot-wise were Dean Pelton's Apocalypse Now-commercial one and the excellent Chaos Theory one.

I think it's a comment on how you definitely have to be a "fan" to enjoy it. You can't just catch a random episode and like it. You have to know all the jokes. You have to be Troy in this example.

How on earth else do you become a fan? My missus watched the first paintball episode and instantly liked it.

And surely everyone is already a fan of Chevy Chase? Instant step on the ladder to liking Community.

Been watching Homeland but I'm really not caring how the season ends now. It seems to be suffering from similar faults to 24 and Flashback in that you have a supposedly professional intelligence organisation staffed by fucking idiots, incompetents and mentalists. Really don't care about Carrie and her crowbarred in jazz references. If the CIA had any sense they'd have quietly removed her years ago.

4 episodes left of the season. I'm only still watching for Morena Baccarin.

I liked the episode where the Dean directed the new tv ad for Greendale. He got proper aggro. Dark as fuck episode. And when did he get so ripped? That's probably the only episode which was as good as anything in season 1 and 2 for me.

Still, the first season just kills it. Watched it from start to finish over the past few days, and it just has no bad episode.

"Freeze Police? Don't do that. They'll get cold".