aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

Been catching up on a few things – Season 5 of ’30 Rock’ – still good telly but I think it’s in danger of running too long and out of ideas if they keep going. Meanwhile Alec Baldwin is still the man. Describing his break up by text with Condaleza Rice as “me + you = frowny face”, ace.

Also Season 7 of ‘Entourage’ which is still pretty cool and actually seemed a bit more varied than most seasons. Not quite enough of Ari going mental at folk though.

I also had a Play.com gift voucher to spend, so I bought Season 1 of ‘Community’ to see what that is all about. Pretty ace, Senor Chang especially. And Chevy Chase is great in it because it is pretty much just like Clark Griswold got old and divorced and went to community college.

Finally me and the missus are ploughing through ‘Green Wing’ again. The annoying speed up and slow down visuals still bug me somewhat but it’s a great programme. Stephen Mangan as Guy Secratan especially, just such an awesome shitebag.

• Upvote 1

Finally me and the missus are ploughing.

take it to the ace-ic thread. hehe.

The live episode of 30Rock recently was outstanding. And Community is getting better and better. Office was okay. Back to usual for this season. Last weeks episode was outstanding with the total breakdown and such.

Looking forward to Mad Men. Touch is on tonight though. That's some good watching.

Been catching up on a few things – Season 5 of ’30 Rock’ – still good telly but I think it’s in danger of running too long and out of ideas if they keep going. Meanwhile Alec Baldwin is still the man. Describing his break up by text with Condaleza Rice as “me + you = frowny face”, ace.

Also Season 7 of ‘Entourage’ which is still pretty cool and actually seemed a bit more varied than most seasons. Not quite enough of Ari going mental at folk though.

I also had a Play.com gift voucher to spend, so I bought Season 1 of ‘Community’ to see what that is all about. Pretty ace, Senor Chang especially. And Chevy Chase is great in it because it is pretty much just like Clark Griswold got old and divorced and went to community college.

Finally me and the missus are ploughing through ‘Green Wing’ again. The annoying speed up and slow down visuals still bug me somewhat but it’s a great programme. Stephen Mangan as Guy Secratan especially, just such an awesome shitebag.

The Green Wing really is fantastic. Dr Statham is my favourite. Such a great character and just genuinely a really great comedy actor. The literal "cliffhanger" end to the season is just excellent. Watched a behind the scenes one-off about the Green Wing a long time ago, and it's pretty incredible how much of it is improvised. There's barely any script whatsoever. The writers just say "We want this to happen in this scene, so make it happen".

The Green Wing really is fantastic. Dr Statham is my favourite. Such a great character and just genuinely a really great comedy actor. The literal "cliffhanger" end to the season is just excellent. Watched a behind the scenes one-off about the Green Wing a long time ago, and it's pretty incredible how much of it is improvised. There's barely any script whatsoever. The writers just say "We want this to happen in this scene, so make it happen".

Statham and Sue White FTW!

Been ploughing my way through homeland. It's good but quite predictable.

As soon as the smoking hot hooker showed up I thought 'she's gonna die next episode' and Damien Lewis banging Clare Danes was obvious. Still, Lewis is a quality actor and I'm looking forward to finishing it. Not much longevity in it as far as I can see but I hope to be surprised in the few episodes I have left.

Guest Bob Knob

Does anyone else watch Breaking Bad? A friend suggested I watch it and I'm glad I did. It's awesome.

Edit: Oops, didn't spot that post above mine.

Guest Bob Knob
It's seriously amazing. Never before has tv evoked the emotion this does, in me.

Have you watched all of it yet?

Gus Frings death is truly awe-worthy!

Breaking Bad is pretty perfect. Great acting by every single person involved. I've only watched the first series, but two is on its way. I think it is the show I have been looking for. :love:

Have been rediscovering the beauty of the Sopranos recently. I think I was about 10 when it first aired over here and I watched it because I was a huge DeNiro fan and presumed it'd be like all his mafia films. I remember my mum stuck her head round my door and asked what I was watching. "The Sopranos" I replied. She shrugged and left. Apparently when she returned downstairs, she was flicking through the channels and saw a scene, presumably inside the Bada Bing or something, and realised that was the Sopranos. She came back to me and said that she didn't think I should be way watching it. I think it's the only thing I was ever "banned" from watching. I stuck with it secretly, though. When it got to the later series, she didn't care but her first ever experience of it stayed with her and she was convinced it wasn't for her.

I went back to it recently and bought them all on DVD. During one particular scene, I found myself wanting to shout "tell Tony, Melfi!" at the screen and realised that my mother would do the same. I convinced her to give it a go from the start and she's now hooked. I told her I wanted to watch the final series with her, so we're working our way through it now. I know there are several episodes I missed when it went out and it's nice to see it all the way through now that I'm old enough to understand it all. I'd also completely forgot how great series five is on the whole, and the first three episodes of series six. I'll be sad when we finish watching it, but my boyfriend has just started series one for the first time, so I'll happily watch along with him!

[/cool story, bro]

• Upvote 2