aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

If you read the stuff from Kirsten's last post you'll see that:

You may have read that I am technically “signed on,” by default, to be an executive consulting something or other - which is a relatively standard protective clause for a creator in my position. Guys like me can’t actually just be shot and left in a ditch by Skynet, we’re still allowed to have a title on the things we create and “help out,” like, I guess sharpening pencils and stuff.

He's not actually going to be allowed to have any real involvement in making the show. It's a shame but a year ago I wasn't expecting there to be a third series so this is fine. I'll probably watch the last 13 episodes out of morbid curiosity but I won't let them spoil what came before.

A workmate recommended The Big Bang Theory, which I had never watched, so started on the first season now that I have done Green Wing again and it is ace, very funny.

Big Bang Theory is great. Right up until Blossom joins, and fucks the whole thing right up by being so utterly shit.

And in other news, my recommendation from a few months ago, This Is England 88 just won a BAFTA which means it's the best, and I was right.

I enjoyed The Big Bang Theory the first couple of times I watched it. It gets pretty painful once you realise every episode is the same story, always. Sheldon is painfully awkward and literal, the Indian guy can't talk to women, Howard is a sex pest and Leonard likes the neighbour, but can't always have the neighbour. The neighbour is poor and stupid.

I suppose that's how they like their sitcoms. Two and a Half Men has been running forever, and that's pretty much the same. Charlie gets laid, and his brother is uptight and bitter. The kid is fat and stupid.

I still like shitcoms. A bit of progression would be nice though.

Big Bang Theory is good turn your brain off at the door watching, not a massive fan by any means. I do hate it though as many people who people to think they're watch it because they like people to think they understand all the smart shit they say when a lot of it is just big words for simple things. I hate people.

Exactly this. It's really terrible, but there's something I like about having it on. It doesn't require any concentration and every so often you'll let out a wee chortle. I could never watch a whole box set of it though.

EDIT: Also, Game of motherfucking Thrones, indeed. So fucking good.

Big Bang Theory is great. Right up until Blossom joins, and fucks the whole thing right up by being so utterly shit.

What season is that in? I bought a box set of the first 4 cheap. Not wearing thin as end of 1st season gets close, if it does i'll just punt them on Amazon.

It is easy watching but I like stuff like that on occasion to switch off with.

Dubya your post was largely gibberish but I think I get the gist of what you were saying. I've heard it said before that folk only watch it to seem smart but I find that hard to believe really.

What season is that in? I bought a box set of the first 4 cheap. Not wearing thin as end of 1st season gets close, if it does i'll just punt them on Amazon.

She first appears in the finale of Season 3 and appears again in S4, but she doesn't become a regular until late on in S4. She's fucking rubbish, can't act, and totally hams up the part which just ruined it for me.

I can't remember who she is? Who's love interest is she?

Also, I get what Dubya was saying. I think it's specifically designed with "geeky" preferences, which are just common knowledge, so when joe average gets it, he feels smart or hip, or both.

Then there's the geeks who slam TBBT for this, which makes them smart, but not hip, just arses.

Then there's me, slamming the geeks, so I'm smart and hip and I have a bigger dick than all of you.

Everyone always claimed Frasier was really clever, just 'cos it mentioned Freud every now and then and had French puns. I love Frasier, though. Never got into the Big Bang Theory, but have seen the odd episode. It seems inoffensive enough! I happened to catch an episode of How I Met Your Mother last night that had Bryan Cranston in it. It was the first comedy thing I've watched since starting Breaking Bad. So weird! But they played a Guided By Voices song near the end, so I might not write this show off completely!

Breaking Bad just gets better and better. I've only started series three but FUCK! What's going to happen next?!

It's great 'cos I still have no idea whether I like Walt or not. I'm leaning more towards not. My friend says by the end of this series I'll loathe him, so I'm excited to see how that'll happen!