aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

I'm so unfashionably late to Twin Peaks, it's embarrassing.

I believe everything David Lynch does is pure gold, but for some reason was never too bothered about seeing Twin Peaks. I saw a lot of the first series in a drunken and sleep-deprived haze whilst it was on in the background at a friend's new year's eve party/the following morning a few years ago, but that was all I'd experienced. My boyfriend saw the complete collection in HMV for £20 last week and despite my initial protests of "we already have so much to watch!" we bought it, watched thirteen episodes in about two days and I'm now in love with it. I wish Dale Cooper was real.

Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.

• Upvote 1

It is pretty good. When I stopped watching it before it wasn't because I didn't like it.

It's probably a bit unfair (although understandable) to always compare it to freaks and geeks as it's one of the best tv shows ever. If it wasn't for the links between the two I'd be perfectly happy with undeclared as another decent and quite funny show.

I'm on episode 5 right now which is where I think I got up to before.

Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.

Finished watching it all and am now struggling to think of what I should do with my life. In the mean time, I guess I can order the film... Or watch this on repeat.

Started watching Community at last as well, seeing as my late Christmas present of the first series arrived at the end of last week. So far so good. Think it'll take me a few more episodes to properly fall in love with it, though.

I like the fact that there's a wait for Sherlock and it's such a short series. Makes it feel like they're really putting effort into it when they get round to doing it and stops it getting stale. Fantastic telly.

I read last week that they're doing the stories that they can have the most fun with now rather than say keep The Reichenbach Fall in reserve for when the series might be flagging; they want to just get on with doing those ones now while they're all still enjoying it. Think that comes across on the screen as well.

Hawaii 5-0 and NCIS: LA were watched last night. I like those ones. NCIS and Bones are miles ahead in the cheesy cop dramas with sad bits but aren't too serious or factually accurate.

Not such a big fan of Hawaii 5-0 but there is going to be a few cross over episodes during May sweeps, so think 5-0 may be struggling a bit more than NCIS:LA.

• 2 weeks later...

I need something new to watch since Community is gone until further notice. Is there a reason why the half-Season of 30 Rock has taken its place, when they used to coincide with each other before? Is it to make way for that Smash musical show? Sounds like some sort of Glee shite. Bogus.

Any new good sitcoms kicking about? I really liked Traffic Light but they axed it. Workaholics started out good, but got a bit tiresome. Archer is back at least, which is good. I haven't really liked the new Office episodes for a while. Not enough Daryl.