aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

bored.com tired.com, i don't get it, it is not funny or clever. Fucking stop it you massive turd streaks, this also goes for "simples"

There is a guy at my work who says these things ALL THE TIME. It's always [insert phrase].com/.org/.lol ...He was deleted from my facebook as every week he would post these status updates:

(Monday): Roll on Friday.com

(Friday): TFI Friday.lol

What a wank.

• Upvote 1

I disdain this whole .com malarky. I recently suggested we called a song "That Awkward Moment When I Pan Your Face in With a Mallet (.com)" but it was vetoed. I actually hate most people.

Also, these sums that are cropping up on Facebook... I make a living as an economist and I don't have a flipping scooby when there are no brackets. Brackets are king in my world and equations without brackets serve no purpose.

• Upvote 2

Also, these sums that are cropping up on Facebook... I make a living as an economist and I don't have a flipping scooby when there are no brackets. Brackets are king in my world and equations without brackets serve no purpose.

I don't make my living as an economist but I agree with the general point - if you're doing maths in the real world you're incredibly unlikely to come up against anything with that level of ambiguity. Brackets rule all.

The office canteen publish a menu of the food they plan to serve through the week. It's a simple concept but they seem unable to follow it. Like today when I went down looking forward to the mushroom and hazelnut filo bake they advertised and found it had been replaced by macaroni cheese (which I hate). I asked where the filo bake was and got blank looks in return. They seemed surprised when they looked at their own menu beside the counter that it wasn't what they were serving.

I was always used to brackets being used to segregate bits of equations, not this letter ruling but then I'm ancient and the letter thing probably hadn't been invented. With this in mind I'm quite surprised I didn't arrive at 1. I think I've seen similar things debated before and subconciously adopted alien maths concepts to avoid being ridiculed for my stupidity.

We need cool acronyms to help teach maths in these days of LOL, ROFL, PMSL etc. The kids just don't go with anything else.

Fuck maths. Sorry. I've always been bad at maths no matter how much it's explained to me. My maths teachers in school put a great deal of misplaced faith in my ability and kept me in the Credit set when I was clearly a General student. Failed the Credit paper. I opened it and just about started crying, didn't understand a damned thing despite studying really hard for it. I've probably got dyscalculia but I've never been tested, I just know I'm shit at maths.

bored.com tired.com, i don't get it, it is not funny or clever. Fucking stop it you massive turd streaks, this also goes for "simples"
There is a guy at my work who says these things ALL THE TIME. It's always [insert phrase].com/.org/.lol ...He was deleted from my facebook as every week he would post these status updates:

(Monday): Roll on Friday.com

(Friday): TFI Friday.lol

What a wank.

trashbat.cock

• Upvote 1