aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

My work seems to have an unwritten rule of 'come in when you want, leave when you want, as long as you get the work done'. Its glorious. But dangerous. I get really lazy about getting in early and not having a definitive schedule messes me up a bit. Still, much prefer having that flexibility over a hard 8am start.

• Upvote 2

My work seems to have an unwritten rule of 'come in when you want, leave when you want, as long as you get the work done'. Its glorious. But dangerous. I get really lazy about getting in early and not having a definitive schedule messes me up a bit. Still, much prefer having that flexibility over a hard 8am start.

We get flexi time, but it's totally abused. As long as you do your 7.5 hours a day, you can start and leave when you want. It's meant to be starting anytime before 10am and leave anytime after 4, but it's a little lenient. But the two girls I work with, tend to start at 10am, finish at 4pm, take an hour and a half for lunch. Works out at about 4.5 hours.

Part time work for full time pay.

VICTORY IS MINE.

S'cool - I've made my peace with the whole thing. Even when we were on "speaking terms" it was just Christmases and funerals. My old man is pro-BNP and has more than one boasted about his youthful days "gay-bashing". It's not a huge loss!

Today's pet hate: having fuck all to do at work. I'm in a new job now and was in training all week, being shipped off to Norway next week for more training but today I'm in the office with no training to do and no work to get stuck into. I'm bored already!

xx

We're your family Stroops

• Upvote 1

I had one recently where the cunt in front had his seat back before the fucking plane had taken off. Not only is he pissing me off but he's also breaking the law.

When someone did this to the guy next to me on a long haul flight we had a sassy camp flight attendant who told him to put his seat up so the person behind you doesn't have to eat his meal with only his face.

The look on upper class business guys face was great.

Hero. 

That's the real pet hate at my work. There's signs everywhere to clean up after yourself. There's a fucking dishwasher FFS, which the cleaner switches on and empties so even if you can't be arsed rinsing your spoons, bowls etc all you have to do it put it in the dishwasher. That's it. But every day the sink is still left full of dirty cutlery and cups. I don't know how the cleaner hasn't come in with a rifle yet and started picking people off.

I'm not a coffee drinker but I must work in a posh place 'cos there's a proper coffee thing (not sure what it's called as I have no interest in it - possibly a cafetiere type thing) that the coffee lovers have to "prepare" in the morning.  Which looks like filling up a jug with water, putting some sort of paper filter thing on the top and then turning it on.  I think there's real coffee loaded in somewhere - a jug of fine smelling coffee appears a wee while later.

I like the smell of coffee but can't drink the stuff.  It tastes boggin'.