aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

x

To be honest it seems to be you causing the blockade by not parking properly...

Ha, it looks like that but my car doesn't go fully into that space beside the blue car because of the rounded pavements, it leaves the arse end sticking out and the blue guy can't get out. Plus if I go that far forward I can't reverse back out past the Galaxy because the front of mine scrapes the wall when I try to swing it round at that great an angle. It's actually a lot tighter than it looks in the photo. It's the Galaxy's fault really, that big piece of shit has been parked there since Christmas 2011, no tax, no MOT, 4 flat tyres. 

Is that a Ford Ka? In which case it may not be your fault it's parked like that. The Ka probably defaults to that because it's assuming it's being driven by a hairdresser.

The Galaxy needs reported though, if it's sitting on a public road with no tax or MOT. I presume the law is the same there as everywhere else. Is there not a Polish equivalent of the DVLA you can report it to?

The Galaxy needs reported though, if it's sitting on a public road with no tax or MOT. I presume the law is the same there as everywhere else. Is there not a Polish equivalent of the DVLA you can report it to?

Pretty sure this is law, albeit in the UK at least. When my mum's shithouse of a car was recorded as "off the road" it literally had to be parked "off the road" as it wasn't being taxed to be "on the road". She had to park it on the front lawn. To get it on the front lawn, a wall had to be demolished, or the car would be reposessed and crushed into a cube. This was back in like 1998 though. Maybe things have changed? Maybe you can park immobile scrapheaps on the roadside in New York, Poland?

Edited by Joda Serk

Same rules in Poland, but the shitheap belongs to one of my neighbours, and unusually I actually get on with most of them so I turn a blind eye. Nobody has tax and MOT in Ireland. It's one of those rules that everyone knows you're MEANT to obey but nobody really does. If you get caught by the police they just give you a rap on the knuckles and tell you to go and get tax and MOT. I got pulled over driving a car last year with no tax, MOT or insurance (the brake lights were faulty and the cop behind me spotted it). He told me to drive it to where i was going and not take it out again until it was legal, then let me go about my business.

Adding to the untaxed cars on roads band wagon, if the "road" was on private ground, i.e. a private housing estate, then technically its not a "pubilc road" so you can park what ever you want on it.  Its the same argument the council uses for not gritting/snow plowing private housing estates in winter. 

Adding to the untaxed cars on roads band wagon, if the "road" was on private ground, i.e. a private housing estate, then technically its not a "pubilc road" so you can park what ever you want on it.  Its the same argument the council uses for not gritting/snow plowing private housing estates in winter. 

Private housing estates? Where?

So are new build housing estates not under the Council's governance? Sounds like anarchy. Grit your own roads. Make your own laws.

The council have to inspect new build estates to ensure they are up to standard before they adopt them, usually once the entire site is complete.

So are new build housing estates not under the Council's governance? Sounds like anarchy. Grit your own roads. Make your own laws.

Do the council grit ANY housing estates? Don't they stick to main roads?

Edited by colb

They dont grit my street in bod, they do all the more main streets around, but my street itsself is left to sort its self out. Great idea by the council, stick heaps of elderly people, who cannot get about easily, in one area, then dont grit the streets so they cant leave their houses in the winter.