aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I've been eating Frosties and Coco Pops for 30 years, I'm bored of them. THIRTY YEARS. BORED OF THEM.

Also Coco Pops ain't all that. And it bothers me that they keep bringing out wank variations of them. Choc & Roll? Coco Rocks? Croc Prints? You can stick them all up your collective hoops. And there's something shifty about that monkey. 

Give me a nice bowl of Golden Grahams or some Shreddies any day.

Cinnamon Grahams are the best cereal ever. They should be known only by that name. It's a shame they now sound like a dodgy romance novel for post-menopausal women. (Curiously Cinnamon)

Krave are also ace for sugary, chocolatey goodness.

As for chocolate bars available in Poland, they have a mint chip cadbury dairy milk which is amazing. Not available in the UK :( Will need to get one when I head back there in a couple of months. The other confusing thing is Magners/Bulmers. Long neck bulmers is the standard drink in Poland but over here Magners is the equivalent and Bulmers tastes nothing like it does over there.

Edited by keeno

I like Kellogs Start. They maintain their form and crispness a lot longer than other cereals and taste pretty good. I do like Curiously (George) Cinnamon though.

Start are banging, though I'd forgotten they existed. Do they still have pictures of sportsmen on the box? First time I got them was when I was a kid, when I was all about basketball and it had Allen Iverson on the box. Baller.

Start are banging, though I'd forgotten they existed. Do they still have pictures of sportsmen on the box? First time I got them was when I was a kid, when I was all about basketball and it had Allen Iverson on the box. Baller.

No sports personalities on the box unfortunately. I remember them as a kid too. I love Start.

Pet hate - People who advertise things for sale and start off by saying "im not really looking to sell this, im just putting out feelers to see if anyone is interested" Which to me says, "ive seen something shinny i want to buy that i cannot afford, but if i find some numpty willing to pay over the odds for my thing, then im game".

If you dont want to sell something, then dont put an advert up trying to sell it!!!!

• Upvote 3

Pet hate - People who advertise things for sale and start off by saying "im not really looking to sell this, im just putting out feelers to see if anyone is interested" Which to me says, "ive seen something shinny i want to buy that i cannot afford, but if i find some numpty willing to pay over the odds for my thing, then im game".

If you dont want to sell something, then dont put an advert up trying to sell it!!!!

On a related note, people who buy what you're selling on ebay but then refuse to pay for it and then delete their account. Time wasting fuckers.

That fucking awful "whisper" people talk in when they're in waiting rooms. YOU ARE BEING JUST AS FUCKING LOUD AS IF YOU WERE TALKING NORMALLY, SHITCUNT! The worst part of it is that all pops and hisses in their speech seems amplified, moist and clicky. Fucking horrible sounds. Especially when kids do it. If you're gonna have a conversation in a quiet room, JUST HAVE THE FUCKING CONVERSATION.

Cunts.

xx

• Upvote 2

That fucking awful "whisper" people talk in when they're in waiting rooms. YOU ARE BEING JUST AS FUCKING LOUD AS IF YOU WERE TALKING NORMALLY, SHITCUNT! The worst part of it is that all pops and hisses in their speech seems amplified, moist and clicky. Fucking horrible sounds. Especially when kids do it. If you're gonna have a conversation in a quiet room, JUST HAVE THE FUCKING CONVERSATION.

Cunts.

xx

Whispering is especially bad when done on television.

The word "totes" and the phrase "totes amazeballs".

I have warned several friends recently that i  will disown them if they continue to use that phrase around me. What absolute fud nugget came up with that in the first place?

A totes amazeballs one?

I have a massive pet hate over the use of capital letters in email signatures or sign-offs at work, or actual letters when people can be bothered sending them.

Hi Person,

This is my email.

Kind Regards,

Adam

WRONG! The word 'regards' does not need a capital letter.

Hi Person,

This is my email.

Many Thanks,

Adam

WRONG! The word 'thanks' does not need a capital letter.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is my letter.

Yours Sincerely,

Adam

WRONG! Firstly, the word 'sincerely' does not need a capital letter. Secondly, if you begin a letter with 'Sir/Madam', you sign a letter off with 'faithfully'. 'Sincerely' is only used when you are addressing the recipient by name.

This is hugely boring, but it's the pet hates thread, innit?

• Upvote 3