aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I'm definitely not a writer. I probably would do if someone's was stupid enough to pay me to write, to the extent that I could quit my job, and slag off bands and make enough money to buy food. Until then, I'm not a writer. I just write to get free CDs.

Can't see it happening pal ;-)

I would consider myself to be a Musician. Not a professional and i don't tell people it's what i do or whatever. But working on a bar i talk to a lot of people all the time and when they ask me what i'm doing with myself i tell them i'm a student, have an interest in History and Politics, Musician - Play guitar and drums, have an interest in photography and sports. It's not like it's an occupation or anything, it's just how i would describe my hobby.

Christ, they're making polite conversation, they don't want your life story.

• Upvote 9

I sometimes give my occupation as musician if someone asks. I'm a Customer Care Agent as a way to make money and nothing more. Answering phones is what I do for 8 hours a day to put food on the table. It means nothing to me. Making music is what I love doing more than anything, therefore if someone asks me "What do you do" I say I'm a musician.

You may occupy yourself as a musician at times but your occupation currently appears to be Customer Care Agent...unles syou wish to quibble about the definition of 'Occupation' being used on Facebook....but I think everyone knows which one it is.

• Upvote 1

Are we really having this debate? Are you lot that fucking anal over this?

It's hardly being anal to point out that calling your occupation musician when you earn no living from it is daft, a quick Google search for a definition indeed finds the same one as you posted with the nice wee mannie playing sax, however I notice you omitted one key detail in the brackets...

musician - someone who plays a musical instrument (as a profession)

It's hardly being anal to point out that calling your occupation musician when you earn no living from it is daft, a quick Google search for a definition indeed finds the same one as you posted with the nice wee mannie playing sax, however I notice you omitted one key detail in the brackets...

musician - someone who plays a musical instrument (as a profession)

(Analism) Im in a cover band, playing a wedding next week, i will earn a few hundred pounds from that, i thnk that would count as a earning a living (/Analism)

So whilst it may not be ok for knobbers like Lucky or Jake to say it, it is for me :)

(Analism) Im in a cover band, playing a wedding next week, i will earn a few hundred pounds from that, i thnk that would count as a earning a living (/Analism)

So whilst it may not be ok for knobbers like Lucky or Jake to say it, it is for me :)

You should list your occupation as 'Analist' - all bases covered

• Upvote 1