aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Dentists. Now I admit I could have tried harder over the years to get a new dentist but the fact that it's not as simple as just phoning up my local dentist and saying "Hey, you're a dentist. Look at my teeth next week please" put me off.

Finally got round to registering with a new dentist that's opened on Great Western Road and was taking on NHS (unlike any of the money grabbing cunts in practice in Banchory) patients. So I phoned them and booked an initial appointment for 3 months (!!!!) later. Which was the earliest they could give me. It's supposed to be this week but I got a letter from them at the weekend saying they don't want to open on Friday afternoons anymore so they've just cancelled my appointment. Fuck OFF! That's not how this works! I book an appointment with you and I turn up for you to hack away at my teeth at the allotted time. You don't cancel the fucking appointment just because you want a long weekend!

Surely the correct thing for them to do if they wanted Friday afternoons off is to make that decision then stop booking appointments for Friday afternoons - instead of just cancelling their existing appointments on Friday afternoons. Bastards.

People. Gah. Special thanks to the guy who robbed my girlfriend on her way home from work last night. Takes a real big tough guy to come after a 4 foot 8 girl who's walking home by herself and pull a knife on her.

That's pretty fucking rough. I'm aware that it's of no comfort or help to anyone, and that I have no idea who she is, but I hope she's ok.

Also, why is there nothing in the ace-ic thread about dating a leprecaun?

xx

People. Gah. Special thanks to the guy who robbed my girlfriend on her way home from work last night. Takes a real big tough guy to come after a 4 foot 8 girl who's walking home by herself and pull a knife on her.

Fuck, hope Kirsty's OK. Did they take much from her? Hopefully the next person the bastard tries it on gives him an almighty welly in the nuts.

Fuck, hope Kirsty's OK. Did they take much from her? Hopefully the next person the bastard tries it on gives him an almighty welly in the nuts.

It was more a bag snatch than a mugging, a guy ran up behind her, pushed her over, grabbed her bag from her then waved a knife at her and threatened to "cut her up" then ran off. She got a right scare, but thankfully she's in one piece so it could have been a lot worse. There wasn't much in her bag except for her Kindle, which she only got at Christmas so she's a bit upset about it.

The LAST thing we want are the boards being full of pointless threads just full of banter....oh wait....:p

You're right, that is exactly what we dont want, and some of the "banter" on here in recent weeks has been nothing short of painful. Im a staff member and even I cant be fucked reading the site when it descends into endless shit patter and in jokes. This isnt the Wasteland, no matter how much you'd like it to be...

• Upvote 1

I've never seen something so "liked". Do the mods have access to "like" stats, to unveil the most "liked" post, ever?

Not as far as I know. One of the other forums I use has a "Post of The Day", where the post which received the most "likes" from the previous day is displayed on the front page. Might it be worth sounding out one of the proper mods about whether this is feasible here?