aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Pet hate currently (mostly my own fault) is checking how to get to new job in Kirkhill Industrial Estate, going and picking up a timetable and shelling out £30 for two weeks worth of bus pass, then checking the timetable a few hours later and finding out there isn't a bus going back into town from Howe Moss between quarter to five and ten past six. The annoying thing is I thought I had checked it out OK, but really, what do First bus think all the people they took out there to start at half eight on their reasonably timed morning service are going to do? (Don't tell me work an extra hour for their new employer as I know that's what I'll do and it isn't really the end of the world, I just hate First.)

You can also get the train to Dyce, then get the shuttle bus to the airport. It also goes around Kirkhill. It's a bit more expensive than the 27, but it's much more reliable and quicker.

• Upvote 1

You can also get the train to Dyce, then get the shuttle bus to the airport. It also goes around Kirkhill. It's a bit more expensive than the 27, but it's much more reliable and quicker.

Thanks :) I did look into the train and shuttle option but as it involved an extra connection and having to rely on both First bus and Scotrail I had decided that at least if I just got the 27 I'd know I was on the bus and there was no more to go wrong apart from the inevitable delay. Think I may have to both reevaluate that strategy for after Christmas and save up for a new car like mad.

Thanks :) I did look into the train and shuttle option but as it involved an extra connection and having to rely on both First bus and Scotrail I had decided that at least if I just got the 27 I'd know I was on the bus and there was no more to go wrong apart from the inevitable delay. Think I may have to both reevaluate that strategy for after Christmas and save up for a new car like mad.

My mate gets a 27 pretty much outside the chc scotia heliport at about 4.50pm i get a jet 747 (stage coach) as it is much quicker but does mean you have to walk to the airport.

Police speed traps.....

Bloody police stopped me last night as I was just entering Pitmedden village.... they were lying in wait by the tennis courts with a radar gun and caught me as I was just approaching the 30mph sign (I WAS just slowing down cos I always drive through at 30mph normally) bastards must have zapped me before the sign though, cuz I'd slowed down from approx 50mph to 41mph..... I got a lecture and a warning, reminding me that it SHOULD have been 3 points & a £60 fine.... no other cars around, no pedestrians, and they left for pastures new just after dealing with me....

Have they nothing better to do @ 9.00pm on chilly night in December ?

Go catch drivers with NO mot's, insurance, stolen cars, etc.....

Grrrr :swearing:

They'd be looking for drunk drivers ! That will be why they'd have let you off, you were lucky. If it had been me that would have been my license gone as I am sitting on 11 points ...

• Upvote 1

My landlord is visiting today and not one of the inconsiderate cunts I live with have cleaned the kitchen. There was sticky shit all over the floor, a loaf worth of crumbs on the fucking counter and a sink full of dishes!! AAARRGGH. The fuckers are getting lazier. Nae happy.

So Jake's persistence finally paid off and you invited him over?

• Upvote 2

Guest Gladstone
My landlord is visiting today and not one of the inconsiderate cunts I live with have cleaned the kitchen. There was sticky shit all over the floor, a loaf worth of crumbs on the fucking counter and a sink full of dishes!! AAARRGGH. The fuckers are getting lazier. Nae happy.

Payback should involve pillowcases and human shit.

Just saying.

Yeah 4 quid was mental for a pint. Luckily I can get quite drunk on 5 pints. So I got drunk for £20 and got a lift hame. Decent.

RE: The rest of this thread so far: I'm pulling that exact face in my avatar at the moment. No reason apart from we're talking about sexing.

Pet Hate: Having to throw out perfectly good boxers because someone tried to give me a wedgie last night and they just ripped in two. I would have rather had the wedgie.

Waiting for a big decision. I submitted an application for what could be the best flat ever, provided all my credit history, pay stubs etc, forked out the deposit and now have to sweat it out and see if it's been accepted. The place is perfect. Wooden floors, high ceilings, exposed brick, plenty of room and a mezzanine/loft space that's perfect for a man cave. It even has a backie, which is unheard of in new York. Fuck waiting, I want to know now!

Guest Gladstone

When typing on sites like Google, Facebook, Yahoo (those are the main culprits in my life) this new fad of fucking auto-completing everything means that letters often don't get typed and I notice halfway through a fucking email or post or whatever that because the internet is trying to be clever and guess what I'm typing it manages to put in little glitches and it forgets to actually notice that I pressed a key - you know, the thing that it should be doing whilst I'm typing.

I've no idea if that makes sense but it's something that's been pissing me off for a while now.

• Upvote 1

When typing on sites like Google, Facebook, Yahoo (those are the main culprits in my life) this new fad of fucking auto-completing everything means that letters often don't get typed and I notice halfway through a fucking email or post or whatever that because the internet is trying to be clever and guess what I'm typing it manages to put in little glitches and it forgets to actually notice that I pressed a key - you know, the thing that it should be doing whilst I'm typing.

I've no idea if that makes sense but it's something that's been pissing me off for a while now.

I fukkin hate that .. and also the fact that it try to force me to use amercian spelling ... putting in "z" where there should be a s... globalising imperialist bastards ...