aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I'm pissed off the taxpayer is having to fork out 12 million for his 4 day visit. What the fuck are we inviting him here for while we're trying to save money? Ridiculous!

Exactly. And the Catholic church is a (hypocritcally so) absurdly rich organisation. What is he even doing over here having a jolly whilst his church is in turmoil?

Always infuriates me that the Catholics preach to give to the poor etc yet their priests are adorned with beautiful robes and they spout their bullshit in glorious expensive cathedrals. Cunts.

Exactly. And the Catholic church is a (hypocritcally so) absurdly rich organisation. What is he even doing over here having a jolly whilst his church is in turmoil?

Always infuriates me that the Catholics preach to give to the poor etc yet their priests are adorned with beautiful robes and they spout their bullshit in glorious expensive cathedrals. Cunts.

Elaborate decoration is an integral part of Catholicism. Something about showing the glory of god. Don't see the problem with the place of worship and the 'vehicles' of god i.e. the priests being lavishly adorned. As you say they've got loads of money, but they also dish out loads of money to impoverished places.

Elaborate decoration is an integral part of Catholicism. Something about showing the glory of god. Don't see the problem with the place of worship and the 'vehicles' of god i.e. the priests being lavishly adorned. As you say they've got loads of money, but they also dish out loads of money to impoverished places.

Surely the "helping the poor" part should always take priority over anything else, including whatever lame excuse they have for adorning robes/buildings with jewels and gold and so on? Rich man passing through the gates of heaven easy as as a camel through the eye of a needle and all that.

I don't like the Catholic church. It is an aggressive hateful organisation and my problems with it are myriad, not just limited to the obvious one mentioned above. Wonder how many members it would have if it didn't spend a sizeable chunk of its time pressing unnecessery guilt onto its followers.

have to agree am disgusted with the amount of tax paying money being wasted on the pope's completely pointless visit. Apparently there are 6 million catholics in the UK, thats around 10% of the population so they're hardly the majority religion! What a load of fuss and nonsense is being made over the whole thing. The old git is hardly alive, I caught a bit of him in his glorified camper van and he could hardly muster a wave. poor old devil evidently hasnt a clue where he is.

Makes my blood boil, all we get from the government is cuts cuts cuts to those who really need it yet we can afford a pantomime like this or to dish out foreign aid at the drop of a hat when needed. Crikey we're heading backwards, the miners will be out on strike again soon at this rate....

110% on the whole fuck the pope thing, will get to it alot more when I'm sober.

Right now is this...I drunkenly crossed the road today after a 2am baker item to put my paper wrapper in the bin. It was the closest bin around. However the lassie walking past remarked "woah, he actually crossed the road to bin just a bit of paper."

Well of course I fucking did. Else itd be fucking littering. It's not noteworthy, it's common fuckng sense. Dont fucking litter.

The guys on George Street do a good job of picking up everything, but that's besides the point. Don't fucking litter. There's no fucking excuse. Cunts.

Makes my blood boil, all we get from the government is cuts cuts cuts to those who really need it yet we can afford a pantomime like this or to dish out foreign aid at the drop of a hat when needed. Crikey we're heading backwards, the miners will be out on strike again soon at this rate....

i agree with the expense of the popes visit but not aid, i think we should help people out with foreign aid, definatley after disasters as well

Airport queues. These really get on my wick. People wait in the queue until its their turn to either check-in, or for the x-ray etc, then they decide to get your passport out of their bag, or take their belt off etc etc etc. Why not have everything ready to go so that things move a little faster. The fast track is not much better. I believe airports should change the queue system to include:

Amateur Traveler People who dont know the system and therefore hold everyone up.

Professional Traveler People who know how it works and want to get the business class lounge for the free beer etc.

Another thing.those folks in and airport that moan to you to switch your phone off until your outside the doors wtf is all that about?

Sorry, I might have moaned about this before, but surely that's what a "pet hate" is all about.

Airport queues. These really get on my wick. People wait in the queue until its their turn to either check-in, or for the x-ray etc, then they decide to get your passport out of their bag, or take their belt off etc etc etc. Why not have everything ready to go so that things move a little faster. The fast track is not much better. I believe airports should change the queue system to include:

Amateur Traveler People who dont know the system and therefore hold everyone up.

Professional Traveler People who know how it works and want to get the business class lounge for the free beer etc.

Another thing.those folks in and airport that moan to you to switch your phone off until your outside the doors wtf is all that about?

Sorry, I might have moaned about this before, but surely that's what a "pet hate" is all about.

this. same with atm queue and supermarkets have your wallet/card/whatever ready, and i would consider myself an amateur traveller but im not an idiot i do take my belt off/take laptop out of bag ect. So idiot queue and non idiot queue woulod be better

I'm sure I've moaned about this before but it happened again on Wednesday and makes me mad. Old duffers with a hundred lottery tickets at the tobacco counter doddering about when I am queueing for tobacco!

Trying to burn a CD and my pack of blank CD's having shitloads of duds in them, finally got the CD copied at the fourth attempt!

Things from the internet being translated into real life. Infact, just things from the internet used anywhere, including the fucking internet. Lingo, acronyms, ultra cool misspellings and ridiculous sentence structures, like "I can has cheeseburger" and "what am this?"

Fuck off. If you want to be a cunt about the English language go do it... No. Don't do it anywhere. Just fuck off.

Things from the internet being translated into real life. Infact, just things from the internet used anywhere, including the fucking internet. Lingo, acronyms, ultra cool misspellings and ridiculous sentence structures, like "I can has cheeseburger" and "what am this?"

Fuck off. If you want to be a cunt about the English language go do it... No. Don't do it anywhere. Just fuck off.

Fucking hell, yes.