aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

If you'd waited an hour and said 'If you can't get this sorted with Adam, PM me', then it might have been reasonable. The question was put to Adam and you jumped in before he had been allowed to answer.

I have no vested interest in this (beyond that a fried is involved); I do think that it's only right to call out a bullshit move when I see one.

Anyway, agree to disagree etc.

Can't really be bothered arguing anymore but one hour seems to be a rather aribetary figure.

Anyhoo, another forum I'm on has these rules, maybe they could be applied here to prevent moral outrage in future:

All posts made within the Classified Forums must adhere to the following rules. Anybody failing to follow these rules will be subject to a warning, a black booking, forum or site-wide suspension or in the worst case a permanent site-ban.

Prohibited Items

Chipped consoles or anything that promotes piracy including flash linkers.

02 Sim Cards.

Mobile phone unlocking services or facilities.

Tobacco.

Football Tickets.

Air Guns of any description (inc BB guns).

Live animals.

OEM software may only be sold with the original hardware with which it was supplied and to which the license key relates.

Personal computers sold with preinstalled software must be complete with all original documentation, licence keys and stickers, and where appropriate installation discs.

mp3 players must only be sold if formatted clean.

Descriptions

If an item is promotional (for example a CD), include this in the description.

Include the condition of the item, and if appropriate the packaging.

Images must be hosted on your own webspace.

You must provide a price.

You must not post a price offer for items that are trade only nor must you accept or invite a cash offer for an item that is only for trade.

You are also asked not to solicit members to see if they would be willing to sell an item that is for trade only.

You may run a maximum of one "for sale" thread, one "wanted" thread and an "Auction" thread linking to your eBay auctions (items must be available on ebay only and not listed in the classifieds)

Asking and offer prices must include postage and packing costs.

You are limited to a maximum of two bumps every 24 hours.

If your thread receives no interest, consider adjusting your prices.

You must state if you are advertising your items elsewhere,

for example word of mouth, Loot, for sale notice board at work etc.

You may not list an item that is available elsewhere at auction,

including eBay and QXL. You may however have one thread that links to your own auction.

If you wish to modify an earlier offer that has not been acknowledged - either to increase or reduce it - post again.

Do not edit an earlier post.

The first person to offer the asking price for an item should get the item. Nobody has an automatic right to having a second bid, if you want something offer the asking price. If the seller offers any items to a certain member at a certain price then said member should get first refusal at that price. We would recommend that you give any member you make this offer to at least 24hours to respond before offering it to someone else.

If a price is lowered, all earlier offers no longer count,

even if you offered the new price earlier instead of the asking price, you must state your offer again.

All deals must remain on the thread,

you may not make offers or strike a deal off the thread via email.

Thread spoiling is not tolerated.

If you have no intention of making a purchase, stay off the thread. If you are interested in the item for sale, you may link to a website offering a lower price.

Thread hijacking/gazumping is not acceptable.

If you want to buy a product then create your own thread - it is not fair to intrude on someone elses.

The seller is responsible for ensuring the buyer receives their item.

The seller should consider appropriate tracking and insurance options when sending items, and is responsible for making a claim where an item does go missing.

Traders are not permitted to sell on The DVD Forums.

A trader is classed as anybody who intentionally buys one or more items to sell on at a profit, and anybody who lists three or more of the same item in the same thread, or in subsequent threads.

I thought he was posting a list of Pet hates, and that was one of them, but not connected to what was said before the comma. That's how I gathered it anyway, but I could be wrong.

That crossed my mind but he said it was Pet Hate of 19.08.10, rather than Pet Hates. So I dismissed the list idea.

But when Adam offered the cash Berni had already specified that he needed the money yesterday. It was only after Berni had said "deal done" that Adam said he wouldn't be able to get the cash to him for another day.

He didn't. When Berni said he needed the money that day Adam's very next post was

Berni - I'll meet you in town at 12.30 with cash? :]

Fuck knows why, but for some reason Berni decided to ignore this and went with with your later offer. Adam even offered to match your offer of 40. So Berni could have had the same money, but earlier, from the one who offered first anyway. You took advantage of Berni's bizarre decision.

But anyway. It's done now, best move on.

He didn't. When Berni said he needed the money that day Adam's very next post was

Fuck knows why, but for some reason Berni decided to ignore this and went with with your later offer. Adam even offered to match your offer of 40. So Berni could have had the same money, but earlier, from the one who offered first anyway. You took advantage of Berni's bizarre decision.

But anyway. It's done now, best move on.

Adam only offered to come up with the cash that day after I had. And yes, Berni could well have got cash from Adam earlier, seems however that he is a good judge of character. ;)

Adam only offered to come up with the cash that day after I had. And yes, Berni could well have got cash from Adam earlier, seems however that he is a good judge of character. ;)

Although;

a) if he was intent on getting the cash that day and I had had a chance to reply before you gazumped me then it could have been arranged, and

b) you only offered to come up with the cash at all after a deal had already been done.

I don't really understand why you can't see it was a pretty shitty thing to do. I'm not too bothered about it now (yes, I was pretty annoyed about it the other day largely because I couldn't believe it was happening), but an acceptance that you were perhaps slightly underhand about it wouldn't go amiss.

It was a bit of bad form, in my opinion, but these things happen on forums where people aren't constantly hovering on one thread waiting for a response.

I'm sure Adam's not that fussed though so I don't think people need to make a big deal out of it.

It was a bit of bad form, in my opinion, but these things happen on forums where people aren't constantly hovering on one thread waiting for a response.

I'm sure Adam's not that fussed though so I don't think people need to make a big deal out of it.

Berni and I both are both bemused by the furore over this and had a chuckle about it when we met up, at the end of the day (sorry Ryan) Berni had two firm offers and it was up to him to sell it to whoever he wanted, for whatever reason he chose to sell it to me, you would need to ask him why, maybe Adam gave him negative rep at some point or something, I don't know.