aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

It's the principle that the bus is not there when it is meant to be. And if your 7-8 minutes late for work your employer isn't going to take the bus was late as a great excuse. Not to mention if it's happening frequently, they will simply think you are taking the piss.

Aye JW, I understand the 7-8 minutes late problem.

I was simply asking NC about "but if I only have a fiver, it means going to a shop, splitting it, etc, which uses up precious minutes of my time!"

This makes me wonder. Is the bus driver 7-8 late getting to work, therefore having a knock on effect, or is he on time, but the traffic etc holds the bus up from getting to the bus stop on time.

I suppose I'm lucky not having to get a bus to work. Is there not an earlier bus that could be caught, that NC could take, so that even if it was 15-20 minutes late he could still make it to work on time.

There are times I have to fly to work and it might mean that I have to leave home 5-6 hours before the crew change flight leaves, just because the timetable for transport to the crew change airport does not match the departure time. I've seen me take 35 hours to get to a place of work, which might only be 9 hours flight time from my house. Now that is a waste of time:)

Connecting my phone up to my work computer and idly flicking through the photos on my big monitor, only to find an extreme close up photo of Teabag's shrivelled, blood-covered cock just as a colleague walks past.

Thanks Teabags.

Don't blame me because you decided that having a photo of my shrivelled bloody cock was a good idea.

My pet hate is having an eye infection, stemming from contact lens use and bad hayfever. Now can't wear contacts, so hard to order new glasses, leaving me blind for a couple of days. Excellent.

Don't blame me because you decided that having a photo of my shrivelled bloody cock was a good idea.

My pet hate is having an eye infection, stemming from contact lens use and bad hayfever. Now can't wear contacts, so hard to order new glasses, leaving me blind for a couple of days. Excellent.

Aye, i can imagine it's not easy to choose what bins to get when you can't see...

Guest idol_wild
Ah that's fair enough. To anyone who knows me i'm really not racist or sexist, i just make terrible jokes.

That's just absolutely no fun at all.

The ice cream van that circles Kincorth every day. Every hour he pulls up outside my house and goes "WHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNK" on an air horn. Every hour. At least get some fucking chimes, or something that plays a nice tune.

These conditions are stated in the Code of Practice on Noise from Ice-Cream Van Chimes Etc. 1982

No ice cream van operator or other street trader should operate his chimes in any way which gives reasonable cause for annoyance; in this respect chimes should NOT be sounded:

Between the hours of 7.00 pm and 12.00 pm

For longer than 4 seconds at a time

More often than once every 3 minutes

Except on the approach to a selling point

When in sight of another ice-cream van which is trading

When within 50 metres of schools (during school hours), hospitals, and places of worship (on any recognised day of worship)

More than once every 2 hours in the same street.

Get the council Environmental Health on the case. They'll fuck him right up.

Bands getting all their little buddies to cram in for them to leave right after the set, rendering the place pretty empty for the rest of the bands.

It's to be expected of course, but just annoying.

Get round this by getting some of your own "little buddies" to come and see you play.

These conditions are stated in the Code of Practice on Noise from Ice-Cream Van Chimes Etc. 1982

No ice cream van operator or other street trader should operate his chimes in any way which gives reasonable cause for annoyance; in this respect chimes should NOT be sounded:

Between the hours of 7.00 pm and 12.00 pm

For longer than 4 seconds at a time

More often than once every 3 minutes

Except on the approach to a selling point

When in sight of another ice-cream van which is trading

When within 50 metres of schools (during school hours), hospitals, and places of worship (on any recognised day of worship)

More than once every 2 hours in the same street.

Get the council Environmental Health on the case. They'll fuck him right up.

Technically he doesn't use chimes, just a big fuck off air horn. And I don't really want him to lose his job, just to stop with the fucking horn. I'd quite like it if he used chimes. I like chimes. I don't like air horns.

I can't believe that document actually exists by the way.

Bands getting all their little buddies to cram in for them to leave right after the set, rendering the place pretty empty for the rest of the bands.

It's to be expected of course, but just annoying.

It's even worse when this kind of behavior causes a gig to sell out. A few years ago in Leeds, Send More Paramedics supported Municipal Waste in a 60 capacity venue. Tiny! It was a stupid choice for support, because SMP were huge at the time amongst all the eye liner wearing goth skaters. So all these kids crammed in early to see SMP, and then left when they were done. As a result, Muni Waste played to about 10 people. Shite.

Get round this by getting some of your own "little buddies" to come and see you play.

Some bands have a bit more integrity than this, and are perhaps playing in bands to escape such playground popularity contest nonsense....

Good = the cling on kids leaving (none of them are there for the music anyway)

Bad = your band looking shit for driving everyone away

A lot of promoters tried to get around this by putting the shit band with all the sheepy mates on last....all this did was make the shit bands look bigger and better than they actually..and make people show up later for gigs..

So better advice...get round this by refusing to play on a bill with shit bands!

Some bands have a bit more integrity than this, and are perhaps playing in bands to escape such playground popularity contest nonsense....

Good = the cling on kids leaving (none of them are there for the music anyway)

Bad = your band looking shit for driving everyone away

A lot of promoters tried to get around this by putting the shit band with all the sheepy mates on last....all this did was make the shit bands look bigger and better than they actually..and make people show up later for gigs..

So better advice...get round this by refusing to play on a bill with shit bands!

You're right, those bands should be ashamed for bringing punters with them to a gig.

If people pay to see bands, it's up to them. Can hardly blame people for going to see their friends and not staying for a band they don't know. It's not ideal but it's fairly understandable behaviour. In my old band it happened a couple of times, where we'd play after some folks with loads of friends and wouldn't stick around but are they really the kind of fan you want to attract? At least they've contributed towards yr pay.

Technically he doesn't use chimes, just a big fuck off air horn. And I don't really want him to lose his job, just to stop with the fucking horn. I'd quite like it if he used chimes. I like chimes. I don't like air horns.

I can't believe that document actually exists by the way.

yes, this guy is a penis. i just moved to kincorth a month ago and this guy deserved a slap.

especially when he pulls out from one space and moved 100ft down the road parping his horn and pulls in again.....into my space!!

If people pay to see bands, it's up to them. Can hardly blame people for going to see their friends and not staying for a band they don't know. It's not ideal but it's fairly understandable behaviour. In my old band it happened a couple of times, where we'd play after some folks with loads of friends and wouldn't stick around but are they really the kind of fan you want to attract? At least they've contributed towards yr pay.

Fair point, and as someone said, you could always bring your own mates to see you. However, having said that, some bands don't do it for the money, they do it because they like playing live, and a live gig always feels better if the crowd are getting into it etc.

How I don't get rep despite being fucking hilarious and a constant party 24/7.

Okay say something funny and witty and I might rep you. See it as a "trick or treat" type scenario. It has to be funny but not rude. Something along the lines of:

Q. What does a Blackpool Donkey get for it's lunch?

A. Half an hour like everyone else.

I'm waiting:popcorn:

Guest idol_wild

Bands very rarely do this intentionally, I'd suggest.

It's up to those who pay their entry fee how long they stay for and who they actually see. Blame them, not the band.