aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I'm fucking sick of everyone referring to Valentines as "single person's awareness day". That's like me calling Hannukah "Non-jew awareness holiday" and getting bummed out because I'm not jewish. It's a day you can opt in or out of; if you're single then it doesn't have to have anything to do with you! Fuck's sake.

I'll be honest i thought they were fucking dreadful until i saw them at download and actually turned out to be pretty good. The only reason i actually like the song is because it was at the end of Sopranos. I didn't want it to end:( Sopranos was by the most gripping tv show i have ever seen. Pet Hate; when awesome things come to end.

Truest thing ever said.

Edinburgh. It's such a beautiful city; why does it have to be home to so many rugby-faced cunts? Every fucking pub in that city yesterday had the build-up (BUILD-UP!!!) to the rugby on instead of the Dons-Celtic game.

All these chinless wonders have not yet worked out that it's not even a sport; it's just fat people diving on an egg.

I eventually found the Dons game on in the Tron, where I proceeded to rip the fuck out of two Celtic fans in the pub. So much so, in fact, that the barman refused to serve me because he was also a Celtic fan.

• Upvote 2

All these chinless wonders have not yet worked out that it's not even a sport; it's just fat people diving on an egg.

I eventually found the Dons game on in the Tron, where I proceeded to rip the fuck out of two Celtic fans in the pub. So much so, in fact, that the barman refused to serve me because he was also a Celtic fan.

Fuck you, man. It's a real sport. Just one populated mostly by total dicks.

I fear I may have been victim of the same barmans personal tastes last year after I was downstairs in the Tron when we won 4-2...

Rugby Union is toss. Rugby League is fucking ace. It's not as good as it used to be at the highest level, as Sky Sports completely obliterated all heritage involved within the game with the god-awful inception of the Super League, which originally proposed to relinquish all local pride and rivalries involved in the game by getting local teams to merge. I'm thankful that didn't go ahead. But instead, they gave all the teams Americanised titles, such as Warriors, Vikings, and Rhino's, and replaced the traditional town crests with cartoony animal imagery. They still play 90's techno when someone scores a try too. Bah.

Still, it's a great game to watch if you can tolerate all that, and much better than this all-pile-on, kick and chase Union shite that's on the telly at the moment. I never quite understood why it is the most popular code. It's so fucking dull. Frst game of Union I ever saw was the '95 World Cup Final. It ended 15-10, and not a single try was scored. It was all penalty goals, and kicking it to each other. What a shed of shit.

Rugby Union is toss. Rugby League is fucking ace. It's not as good as it used to be at the highest level, as Sky Sports completely obliterated all heritage involved within the game with the god-awful inception of the Super League, which originally proposed to relinquish all local pride and rivalries involved in the game by getting local teams to merge. I'm thankful that didn't go ahead. But instead, they gave all the teams Americanised titles, such as Warriors, Vikings, and Rhino's, and replaced the traditional town crests with cartoony animal imagery. They still play 90's techno when someone scores a try too. Bah.

Still, it's a great game to watch if you can tolerate all that, and much better than this all-pile-on, kick and chase Union shite that's on the telly at the moment. I never quite understood why it is the most popular code. It's so fucking dull. Frst game of Union I ever saw was the '95 World Cup Final. It ended 15-10, and not a single try was scored. It was all penalty goals, and kicking it to each other. What a shed of shit.

I have to say its union I was getting at with my rugby hating but what kind of fucked up sport is it to have 2 different versions? I fondly remember as a youngster watching rugby league with the great commentator eddie waring. Plus in some parts of north england it has as much support as the footy. But sky, the sports channel who claim to care about supporters and feel the same about them, decide to americanize it.... sooner sky are banned from covering sport the better. apart from super soccer saturday or whatever they call it, jeff stelling is god (not that i watch it much these days since im either listen to or watching cambridge)

Growing up in Yorkshire, Rugby League was a massive deal. Town rivalries were huge, since local rivals were a mere few miles away, and this translated to school boy level as well. When we'd play other schools at Rugby, the local rivalries would exist in the same manner, as they'd support their local town's club which led to some pretty brutal scenes, which is why possibly merging local clubs was so exasperatingly stupid. What's wrong with towns trying to fight each other? Fuck all.

Sky Sports are bastards, yet I still subscribe, because they are going to continue to ruin sports whether I watch or not.

Mind you I hate ITV more than Sky but thats probabably cos I have to watch a lot of footy on that wretched channel... andy fucking townsend has a face one would never tire of slapping... as does robbie fucking earle, steve fucking rider, gabriel fucking clarke, clive fucking tyldseley, jim fucking beglin and the biggest cunt of them all jim fucking rosenthal.

I think the important thing to remember is that all sport is awful, an opinion I've held since I tried to tape Dawn of the Dead off of the TV and missed the last 30 minutes because the BBC deemed fucking snooker more important than Tom Savini running around a shopping centre jamming machetes in the heads of undead smurfs in plaid shirts.

EDIT: I guess my pet hate is sport because I'm an unfit, 90-pound weakling?

EDIT: Basically, I'm like The Punisher, but instead of taking revenge on the scum that murdered my family (i.e, made me miss the last half hour of Dawn of the Dead), I sit in bars nervously sipping my pint afraid of all the people enjoying football matches around me wondering why we're not all watching Ghostbusters instead.

I think the important thing to remember is that all sport is awful, an opinion I've held since I tried to tape Dawn of the Dead off of the TV and missed the last 30 minutes because the BBC deemed fucking snooker more important than Tom Savini running around a shopping centre jamming machetes in the heads of undead smurfs in plaid shirts.

EDIT: I guess my pet hate is sport because I'm an unfit, 90-pound weakling?

EDIT: Basically, I'm like The Punisher, but instead of taking revenge on the scum that murdered my family (i.e, made me miss the last half hour of Dawn of the Dead), I sit in bars nervously sipping my pint afraid of all the people enjoying football matches around me wondering why we're not all watching Ghostbusters instead.

You have to understand that people who do not like sport are fundamentally different form people who do and no good can come from any attempt at a meeting of minds. I preach tolerance for the sake of peace, although it does seem a little unreasonable that my street is occasionally beseiged with celtic fans who say UlNNGHHYAAANUUARRRRAAAAANNAAAH or that's as much as I can relay but at least they're not Rangers I suppose. You apes :up:

The ridiculous foreplay before big sporting events gets right on my tits (ha). I want to watch the All-Star NBA game, but instead, Usher's going to play some songs, I'll get tired and pissed off then I won't stay up to see LeBron and Dwayne Wade throwing down jamz left right and centre.

• Upvote 1

Wirelessly posted (LG-GC900/V10a Obigo/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Last year Kid Rock did a live concert DURING Wrestlemania. It was fucking garbage. They could have used that time to do a 10 minute Chris Jericho promo. Or made the 20 diva battle royal that followed it a bit better.

Nothing could have made the Diva Battle Royal better.

I hate women wrestlers with the exception of the few that aren't just there for eye candy and can actually wrestle.