aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Yeah, my department at work were just sat about all day, pretty much on standby, waiting to leave, getting whatever info we could. My boss was on the blower to Traffic and Roads up at Kittybrewster and was told gritters didn't go out anywhere all last night, and weren't planning on going out this morning, as the roads were already too congested and the snow was already too deep, so it was apparently a "lost cause". Good that, eh?

what is it wi people like this acting like its the end of the world beause of the snow, waiting about finding out key up-to-the-minute traffic reports. why didnt you just get on wi your work and go home at the end of the day

I dont have a car and use public transport, fair play i dont have to battle a car through the snow to get to work, but had to freeze to death waiting for a bus which turned up half an hour late to get me all the way out to the back of dyce which was deep as fuck, then wade through the snow along on the embankment (no pavements) next to the main road for about a mile then up a country lane, ok i was 25 minutes late. but worked right up till 6pm normal finishing time, none of us though about getting sent home because it was snowing.

i fucking wish i had a car, then i could sit in traffic with music of my choice, a nice heat, the leisure to smoke if i wish, rather than wading trough almost 2 foot deep snow drifts

waiting to go home

pah! grow some balls

It was the general consensus that if the snow got worse, traffic would be chaos, buses would be sparse and you'd be taking hours to get home on your own time, which pretty much no one was in favour of, so we were waiting on instruction to leave incase it did get worse... Considering Anderson Drive, Great Northern Rd and Garthdee areas were already completely locked down, and a heap of buses stuck between Cove/Culter/BOD/Dyce and the city centre, if we stayed til 5, when it would have been heaps worse at rush hour, none of us would have got home at a reasonable hour.

And also because it's a few days before Christmas. All our contractors have been off for Christmas since last week, so there's the best part of fuck all to do anyway, so the most interesting thing to do is to find out what chaos the snow is causing.

I hope that's okay.

Can't really predict that though can you? It could have been like it was yesterday evening, where the whole roads were chaos, and it took nearly half an hour just to get out of Morrisons car park. When we were instructed to leave, we'd been told about heaps of major roads being completely closed, and others being at a complete stand still. So I went home and played some Xbox. Snow is mint.

It's actually pretty dangerous travelling in the weather the way it is. My manager was watching the weather to send some of us home if it got worse. It's about ensuring that the staff are safe. What use is anyone with a broken leg or worse.

I have a 60 mile round trip to work therefore being sent home early is a nice gesture for actually making the 30 miles in the morning. To be fair it's nowhere near as bad down here as it is for you lot but it's the principle of people ensuring the safety of others.

Just because you choose not to have a car and use public transport doesn't mean you should have a go about employers sending people home early. Maybe you're just jealous you haven't been having snow days!!

Also, the roads are generally a wee bit quieter because it's the Christmas week.

/rant.

But Cannon is a mercenary. I can't be compared to a mercenary. He's in it for the love of the game. I just need the money, man.

He's in it for the justice bro. Surely there's some maverick filing you could have done - controversially separating the "mcs" from the "macs" in the HR record cos that's the way it should be and fuck the chain of command and their beuracracy.

It's actually pretty dangerous travelling in the weather the way it is. My manager was watching the weather to send some of us home if it got worse. It's about ensuring that the staff are safe. What use is anyone with a broken leg or worse.

I have a 60 mile round trip to work therefore being sent home early is a nice gesture for actually making the 30 miles in the morning. To be fair it's nowhere near as bad down here as it is for you lot but it's the principle of people ensuring the safety of others.

Just because you choose not to have a car and use public transport doesn't mean you should have a go about employers sending people home early. Maybe you're just jealous you haven't been having snow days!!

Also, the roads are generally a wee bit quieter because it's the Christmas week.

/rant.

correction I choose not to break the law, I don't have a licence

also it's a pet hates thread.... I'll have a fucking go at anyone I choose ok!

This week;

Having my hours cut from 40 to 14.

Working up the courage to ask out a girl way out of my league only to find out she's just started dating one of the starting lineup of Aberdeen F.C.

Seeing the band who's lyrics I have tattooed on my arm appear once on Desperate Housewives, hearing them referenced again (in a different episode) and then seeing said bands track appear on hit tv show "The Hills"

what is it wi people like this acting like its the end of the world beause of the snow, waiting about finding out key up-to-the-minute traffic reports. why didnt you just get on wi your work and go home at the end of the day

I dont have a car and use public transport, fair play i dont have to battle a car through the snow to get to work, but had to freeze to death waiting for a bus which turned up half an hour late to get me all the way out to the back of dyce which was deep as fuck, then wade through the snow along on the embankment (no pavements) next to the main road for about a mile then up a country lane, ok i was 25 minutes late. but worked right up till 6pm normal finishing time, none of us though about getting sent home because it was snowing.

i fucking wish i had a car, then i could sit in traffic with music of my choice, a nice heat, the leisure to smoke if i wish, rather than wading trough almost 2 foot deep snow drifts

waiting to go home

pah! grow some balls

Most companies who have an ounce of concern for their employees tend to send them home if the weather is particularly bad.

If you feel all manly and shit by doing all that to get to work, great. Maybe you should get a mountain rescue job. You could be like Stallone in 'Cliffhanger'. Then again you never heard him whining to Papa Walton about music stands or lack thereof.

The lack of spacial awareness demonstrated by a large percentage of the general public when shopping in Tesco.

Honestly, people look right through you and just walk straigh into you. It's like some kind of zombiefest.

I'm a mild mannered kind of guy but this really enrages me.

The lack of spacial awareness demonstrated by a large percentage of the general public when shopping in Tesco.

Honestly, people look right through you and just walk straigh into you. It's like some kind of zombiefest.

It's the ones that are so close to you in the queue they could hump your leg that really hack me off. We had that happen to us on Sunday.

This also pisses me off. 40-50 year old women who think they are anne robinson are the worst ones. Sometimes I take pleasure in deliberately bumping into them and laugh as they go flying. Cunts.