aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

no matter what the weather, I'll see students in shorts and sandals. I don't fucking get it. o_O

This made me laugh because my mate said almost exactly the same thing to me the other day. I also hate really pretentious students who have just left school and think they know everything there is to know about the world. I'm only 21 myself, but I'm fully aware of the fact that I know fuck all about anything.

This made me laugh because my mate said almost exactly the same thing to me the other day. I also hate really pretentious students who have just left school and think they know everything there is to know about the world. I'm only 21 myself, but I'm fully aware of the fact that I know fuck all about anything.

Take a gap year travelling round India or such like. This will teach you everything you need to know about the world and will qualify your opinion as valid in any topic of conversation.

Oh god you would think, but they seem to be offended at the very thought of it. When someone hands you a twenty, they have their heart set on it. My idea. don't pay for something <5 with a twenty, why is it so necessary?

It might be all they got given from the cash machine. I tried to draw out 1.14 for a loaf of bread, but I couldn't find the decimal point key anywhere.

Take a gap year travelling round India or such like. This will teach you everything you need to know about the world and will qualify your opinion as valid in any topic of conversation.

And make sure you crowbar the fact you went on a gap year into every conversation, just to remind people how much more knowledgeable and mature you are.

• Upvote 1

NO! I will not lower myself to their level! I can just learn to deal with my lot in life. Trudging through without their omniscience and cool alternative winter apparel.

FFS, don't tell me you don't even wear a patterned woollen headband over your ears, purchased directly from the Dalai Llama at the base of Mt Everest?

• Upvote 1

Totally agree with the last part, i welcome exact change and i don't mind how long it takes them to count it either.

I reckon what started me off being so bitter about the whole thing was the dirty looks i got when i handed them their change, not my fault they have shit loads of coins now, they gave me a 20 for pack of digestives.

Yeah I was like that... here's my gripe though.

I worked for a year in the cafe at the railway station. So many more of you may know me than you think :p Now I was the most experienced member of staff and frequently had to open at 7am on my own. We only have a 50 float in the till and the first customer usually pays for a coffee with a 20 note. So I used up all my pound coins within 2 people... so I have to run to the office to the safe and get change cos I am the only member of staff actually in the building and when I come back there is a massive queue and people are looking at me like why the fuck did you take so long... ARRGGGGG!!! So yeah people who pay with 20 notes as soon as a shop has opened are cunts. If it's quiet and I have time to get change or if it's a bit later and I have some notes in my till, that's equally fine... but when you can see I am the only one there at 7am fuck right off.

YAS!

The postal strikes are doing my nut it... you strike, but then you have an issue with temps coming in to cover your work? You can't have your cake and fucking eat it. It's a recession. Be thankful you have a shit, dipshit. If you're so unhappy then I'm sure someone else will gladly take over. Your job changes. That's life. Tough shit.

You can tell I work in the private sector. Man up!

Looks like I'm gonna be one of those temps, unless I can find something else as a filler.

Yep, no sympathy from me either. When I lose a job it's simply tough shit and it's been a rough year for me, employment wise. Yet, I feel hirsute and ample of testicle :up:

Yeah I was like that... here's my gripe though.

I worked for a year in the cafe at the railway station. So many more of you may know me than you think :p Now I was the most experienced member of staff and frequently had to open at 7am on my own. We only have a 50 float in the till and the first customer usually pays for a coffee with a 20 note. So I used up all my pound coins within 2 people... so I have to run to the office to the safe and get change cos I am the only member of staff actually in the building and when I come back their is a massive queue and people are looking at me like why the fuck did you take so long... ARRGGGGG!!! So yeah people who pay with 20 notes as soon as a shop has opened are cunts. If it's quiet and I have time to get change or if it's a bit later and I have some notes in my till, that's equally fine... but when you can see I am the only one there at 7am fuck right off.

I doubt customers really know or care about your float. Looks like memo to your directors pleading for a bit more wonga in the penny box is in order. You're in the firing line of industries we lowlifes come to get change early in the morning, for the bus, the parking meter or whatever. If these clownshow organisations didn't demand exact change only in the first place, then we wouldn't have to. But no. A good proprtion of the mental aspect of being a bus driver has been irradicated by demanding exact change, and that furious counting of gargantuan amounts of change is no longer on the Person Spec. So, we'll keep buying a packet of Space Raiders with a 50 so the Bus Driver doesn't have to think, or even look at us.

I hate the question "What kind of music are you into?"

Like you're only allowed to say one thing.

"Well I like punk"

"mm hmmmm"

"And I like...."

"No! You said punk!"

Ken Bruce asks this everyday on Popmaster, and the answer is ALWAYS "Oh, a wide range of music, everything from Phil Collins to Michael Bolton."

I just can't stand the wackyness. Never before have I seen so many people blowing whistles while juggling on roller skates. At what point does a student decide he needs to look ridiculous, and adopt a wacky persona?

Ha, doesn't seem that long ago to me that you were fairly wacky yourself, onstage doing wacky songs about Gingerbread Men in a wacky David Brent voice, and wacky Electric 6 covers. ;)

And what do the people on the radio say?

Nice one. I remember listening a couple of years ago and somebody said "I'm really into Go West, and also the solo music of *insert name of whoever the fuck is in Go West here*."

He only got through to 3 in 10 and the band he got? Go West! Coincidence? I think not.

I doubt customers really know or care about your float. Looks like memo to your directors pleading for a bit more wonga in the penny box is in order. You're in the firing line of industries we lowlifes come to get change early in the morning, for the bus, the parking meter or whatever. If these clownshow organisations didn't demand exact change only in the first place, then we wouldn't have to. But no. A good proprtion of the mental aspect of being a bus driver has been irradicated by demanding exact change, and that furious counting of gargantuan amounts of change is no longer on the Person Spec. So, we'll keep buying a packet of Space Raiders with a 50 so the Bus Driver doesn't have to think, or even look at us.

Anyone who has worked in retail knows it is usually a 50 or 100 float. In the places I have worked it's always been one or the other... We don't demand exact change. You can give me 3, 5 etc for a 2.09 coffee and I'll happily stick the change in my pocket :up:

I can't complain anymore though. I left the place in June

I hate the question "What kind of music are you into?"

Like you're only allowed to say one thing.

"Well I like punk"

"mm hmmmm"

"And I like...."

"No! You said punk!"

Guy at my work has the radio on all day, every day, and about once or twice a day, he'll say "Do you like (name of band playing)?". 9.9 times out of 10, I say no, because it's usually terrible. He will then usually say "You don't like very much music do you?". I'm not sure sarcasm really clicks with him, because the last time I answered this, I said "No, I hate music". "How can you hate music?" he exasperated! As he asked this, the song changed, and I said "Aw, I love this song". Now he doesn't know where I'm coming from and pointless music chatter about radio bilge has halted. Great stuff.

Anyone who has worked in retail knows it is usually a 50 or 100 float. In the places I have worked it's always been one or the other... We don't demand exact change. You can give me 3, 5 etc for a 2.09 coffee and I'll happily stick the change in my pocket :up:

The float i make up is 140. Why? Just for shits and giggles.

I was innocently going about my conformist business outside The Hub last week when I was accosted by a fearless revolutionary in skin tight purple jeans, banging a drum and preaching about the vital importance of reviving "student culture". It was pretty banter.

I hope you countered by displaying the vital importance of maintaining our current "Knife Culture".....

I meant buses and parking meters et al demand exact change. And this cafe you say was in the railway station, so you're bound to be on the brunt of commuters breaking notes to get the bus, pay for their parking etc...