aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

How the fuck did you not see/hear a forklift coming?

I did. They are meant to stay out of the fucking loading bay, and when near people keep the forks lowered down. I had my back to a parked forklift, was sure I heard it coming closer (not meant to be done as they are meant to exit via a one way track from inside the shelter). I turn around to investigate, and this fork was at eye height and clipped the outside of my eye socket with such force whilst turning around that it knocked me to the ground. Loads of blood. Blurred vision in my right eye, possible scarring.

I did. They are meant to stay out of the fucking loading bay, and when near people keep the forks lowered down. I had my back to a parked forklift, was sure I heard it coming closer (not meant to be done as they are meant to exit via a one way track from inside the shelter). I turn around to investigate, and this fork was at eye height and clipped the outside of my eye socket with such force whilst turning around that it knocked me to the ground. Loads of blood. Blurred vision in my right eye, possible scarring.

Bonus. Hope the guy wielding the forklift like a weapon loses his job for being a clown.

Bonus. Hope the guy wielding the forklift like a weapon loses his job for being a clown.

Same. Granted, it was quite a spectacular fluke it clipped my eye socket. Half an inch to the right and I'd have lost my eye. And it's not a one off. This boy's a tit who constantly ignores health and safety protocol. Not the beaurocratic rules, the essential-to-employee-safety ones.

Are you going to be on one of those compensation solicitor adverts on TV now? Because your injury totally pwns the fud tripping on cable ties or the one who slips on a wet floor.

Are you going to be on one of those compensation solicitor adverts on TV now? Because your injury totally pwns the fud tripping on cable ties or the one who slips on a wet floor.

"Are you one of the many thousands each year who are gouged by wayward forklifts and DON'T claim compensation?"

Same. Granted, it was quite a spectacular fluke it clipped my eye socket. Half an inch to the right and I'd have lost my eye. And it's not a one off. This boy's a tit who constantly ignores health and safety protocol. Not the beaurocratic rules, the essential-to-employee-safety ones.

Don't you guys have to watch this before operating forklifts?

YouTube - Forklift Training Video

Since Oasis have now apparently "SPLIT UP", Absolute Radio, which we have on at work, is now playing back to back Oasis songs. So far, it's been over half an hour of Liams lughole stabbing nasal whine, which briefly stopped for respite when they played that pleasant Noel song which was the theme tune to that old sitcom I can't remember the name of. No adverts either. Just an onslaught of Liam, and that prolonged "nyaaaaaaaar" sound he makes on the drawn out notes, which sounds like if a helium balloon could take a shit through the window of a Vauxhall Nova seating 5 trousers-in-socks degenerates who are all consequently mad-for-it. Pointless garbage, not too dissimilar to an audible ASBO purely acting as a welcome break in a CD changer sandwiched between Bonkers and Ministry of Sound compilations. Get out of my lugs.

• Upvote 2

OK, bear with me on this one.

You're sitting in your car at a junction with traffic lights. There is a car in front of you. The light turns green and the car in front of you turns right, onto another road.

On that other road, there is of course another set of traffic lights. They are currently showing red in order to stop the traffic on that road so that you can go out. Driver in the car in front spots this red light, and stops dead, right in the middle of the fucking road.

Happened to me a few times recently, had to get busy with the horn.

In each case it was a woman driving. Make of that what you will.

OK, bear with me on this one.

You're sitting in your car at a junction with traffic lights. There is a car in front of you. The light turns green and the car in front of you turns right, onto another road.

On that other road, there is of course another set of traffic lights. They are currently showing red in order to stop the traffic on that road so that you can go out. Driver in the car in front spots this red light, and stops dead, right in the middle of the fucking road.

Happened to me a few times recently, had to get busy with the horn.

In each case it was a woman driving. Make of that what you will.

I actually saw this behaviour when I was walking home the other day. A car pulled left out of Holburn Road, saw the lights on Great Western Road were red (to stop the traffic so cars can get on from Holburn Road) and just stopped dead. Took me ages to work out what they were up to. No idea if it was a man or a woman though.

I guess the problem is that even though the lights are all part of the same junction, because there are pedestrian crossings on them they sit back off the junction by quite a bit. So if you're having a bit of a slow day and not really paying attention, then the first thing you see when you come round the corner is a set of red lights and you automatically think "Oh, I'd better stop for these".

Your right, but we're not allowed to leave them sitting out, looks untidy and people apparently steal heaps to use as pooper scoopers, if it was up to me they could take as many as they liked to do as they please.

Or more accurately : it costs money.

The supermarkets have absolutely loved the whole war on carrier bags - what better excuse to cut down on them and save money? The whole signs saying "it's for environmental reasons" is clearly absolute bullshit.

Funnily enough, if Tesco were so concerned about the environment, why are carrier bags plentiful and free to take at all Tesco supermarkets here?

Or more accurately : it costs money.

The supermarkets have absolutely loved the whole war on carrier bags - what better excuse to cut down on them and save money? The whole signs saying "it's for environmental reasons" is clearly absolute bullshit.

Funnily enough, if Tesco were so concerned about the environment, why are carrier bags plentiful and free to take at all Tesco supermarkets here?

You're right, let's call the whole thing off, and carry on depleting oil resources and filling the landscape with shite that last for hundreds of years...

The only way to get globocorps like Tesco, Walmart etc to actually get involved in this is if they can make money from it, or at least improve their image without spending any.

Carrier bags are a hugely stupid waste, so if this is what it takes to solve the problem, fine.

And every population naturally has a different set of priorities, so I'm guessing this iniatitive just wouldn't get the backing of the general Polish populace so it's probably not even worth the effort just now. You'll probably catch up soon enough.

I just hate receipts in general. I don't really use my wallet much, I put 20s in my wallet when I get them from the cashpoint, but as soon as I break them, all the coins, fivers, tenners and receipts just get stuffed into my pocket. Pretty much every time I go into a shop to buy a can of juice or a newspaper I pull out all the bumff that's filled my pocket and I have to pick my way through about 5 receipts just to find a pound coin. I mean OK if I'm buying clothes, or CDs which I might need to return then the receipt will come in handy, but do I really need a receipt for a loaf of bread and a packet of fags?

When you get your change from a shop, and they put the coins on top of your note, on top of the receipt. Is it asking so much to get handed the coins before the note?

I hate when rather than handing you the cash into your hand, they insist on putting it ontop of the till. Even when you have your hand out to collect.

Fuck sake i handed you the money into your hand - Not fancy doing the same?

:down: