aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Re-released old albums, with "Bonus Tracks" at the end. I don't want bonus tracks when I'm buying old albums. I want to hear the album as it was originally intended, and end when it was designed to end, not have a couple of dodgy demos and a live track at the end. Wank. I always delete them before I put them on my iPod.

Also, when a brand new album is released and it has two brand new bonus tracks at the end. Surely these are just album tracks? How are they a bonus?

Re-released old albums, with "Bonus Tracks" at the end. I don't want bonus tracks when I'm buying old albums. I want to hear the album as it was originally intended, and end when it was designed to end, not have a couple of dodgy demos and a live track at the end. Wank. I always delete them before I put them on my iPod.

Also, when a brand new album is released and it has two brand new bonus tracks at the end. Surely these are just album tracks? How are they a bonus?

And why do imports have extra tracks? Where do I have to live in the world so that I can have all of the music on a CD? So, if I buy the British version I get burned but if I get the Japanese version it has the yodelling J-pop remix that's actually better than the entire album?

And why do imports have extra tracks? Where do I have to live in the world so that I can have all of the music on a CD? So, if I buy the British version I get burned but if I get the Japanese version it has the yodelling J-pop remix that's actually better than the entire album?

Also if you buy a 'Greatest Hits' type album and they put a few unreleased tracks on the end of it.

This pisses me off for two reasons:

1 - If they are unreleased tracks, then they aren't really Greatest Hits are they.

2 - It means that the people who already have all the albums then have to go and buy a CD full of tracks they already have, just to get a couple of new tracks. Essentially punishing them for being a loyal fan.

Also if you buy a 'Greatest Hits' type album and they put a few unreleased tracks on the end of it.

This pisses me off for two reasons:

1 - If they are unreleased tracks, then they aren't really Greatest Hits are they.

2 - It means that the people who already have all the albums then have to go and buy a CD full of tracks they already have, just to get a couple of new tracks. Essentially punishing them for being a loyal fan.

There's the danger of recursion to consider as well. If the Greatest Hits album sells well because of the extra tracks then they too become hits. Then the next Greatest Hits album must also include the extra tracks from the first one PLUS new bonus tracks.

Consider what this means if Sandi Thom releases a Greatest Hits album every two years. Eventually, infinite music due to the exponential function, and all of it the worst thing you've ever heard.

I like it when rereleased albums come with a bonus disc with all these demos and b-sides on, so it doesn't taint the flow of the original recording, which is what the early Billy Bragg rereleases did. And you got about 15 bonus tracks of demo recordings and tracks that didn't make it on to that album from that recording session, so the bonus material is actually relevant, and not just pointless filler.

Greatest Hits albums are very rarely Greatest Hits are they? They are just The Singles. Every single Single the band released, which I'm sure some of them, if not most, were not 'Hits'. Maybe just the ones people kinda know, and their couple of famous songs. It almost deems album tracks as inferior to these Hits, which most of the time isn't true at all. Fuck greatest hits. Bands should record 2 albums and then get a job. 3rd albums are rubbish. No one likes 3rd albums. If they do, they are lying.

Take all your 3rd albums, and flush them down the shitter. They are crap.

Doolittle is a second album as Come on Pilgrim is a mini album.

:p

/uber pedant.

Well we can add Badmotorfinger in instead. It's a great album.

I suppose you can also add:

Dookie (Green Day)

Mellon Collie... (Smashing Pumpkins)

Flood (They Might Be Giants)

The Holy Bible (Manic Street Preachers)

In On The Kill Taker (Fugazi)

Clarity (Jimmy Eat World)

( ) (Sigur Ros)

The list goes on...

That's right throw them all away folks.

Joe, you're a lovely guy but you don't half talk utter nonsense sometimes.

Dookie (Green Day)

( ) (Sigur Ros)

The list goes on...

I'm insanely bored so decided to have a swatch of some 3rd albums I enjoy much.

Master Of Puppets (Metallica)

The Real Thing (Faith No More)

Reign In Blood (Slayer)

Bullhead (Melvins)

P.H.U.Q (The Wildhearts)

Ire Works (Dillinger Escape Plan)

Blood Mountain (Mastodon)

Master Of Reality (Black Sabbath)

La Sexorcisto (White Zombie)

Beneath The Remains (Sepultura)

Born To Run (Bruce Springsteen)

The Art Of Balance (Shadows Fall)

Vitalogy (Pearl Jam)

Chaosphere (Messhuggah)

Ashes Of The Wake (Lamb Of God)

Over The Under (Down)

SYL (Strapping Young Lad)

A Great Artist (A Life Once Lost)

That was pointless, but there's plenty more.

Dookie (Green Day)

( ) (Sigur Ros)

The list goes on...

Was gonna mention Dookie and Clarity earlier.

You can also throw Enema of the State into the mix.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I don't think Original Spies post was really meant to be taken this seriously...

I'm actually quite baffled how badly jokes come off on the internet. Is it because I didn't do this: :up: ?

You all better hurry up and scrape your records out of the wheelie bins before bin day.

It's those girls that JUST wear leggings. I don't understand. Are they tights or are they trousers? If they're tights they surely are to wear a skirt or dress over the top? If they are trousers they should surely be a little bit more hard-wearing?

And that's just the start...those leggings that are made to look like denim, but just super super tight?!

Baffling.

Let's not even try to understands the womens. Like, when they carry those things around, that are like wallets, but with a handle that goes over their shoulder, and everything is so neat and organised. Which is just mental. Anyone with BIG MAN BRAINS would stuff it all into pockets, disgrading organisation and efficiency. What gives with these strapped, carry-able pockets? Lunatics.

• Upvote 1

It's those girls that JUST wear leggings. I don't understand. Are they tights or are they trousers? If they're tights they surely are to wear a skirt or dress over the top? If they are trousers they should surely be a little bit more hard-wearing?

And that's just the start...those leggings that are made to look like denim, but just super super tight?!

Baffling.

Exactly. Glad it's not just me.

Having someone at work put you in a bad mood first thing in the morning.

Them: "Moan, moan moan, blah, blah, blah"

Me: "How do you expect me to tell my staff when I'm not here?"

Them: "Oh, so you're in one of those bad moods are you?"

Me: " I am now because you've started moaning at me"

Them: "Oh well, I just won't speak to you"

Maybe if you'd decided that before annoying me at 7am in the morning there wouldn;t be a problem. Fucker.