aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Realising, just after I've opened my yogurt, that some fuck has used all my spoons (which are kept at work)! I've been away two days and the mean person hasn't even washed them :down: Now all I can think about is some other person's fat tongue lolling all over my spoons. I don't want my yogurt anymore.

I've had to start writing my name on my fruit juice cartons because someone keeps opening them and helping themselves!!! BUGGER OFF AND BUY YOUR OWN!

People stealing food/drink/cutlery at work is a pet hate of mine too. And people who don't clean up after themselves in a Staff Room. The last thing I want to do on my shitty 30 minute break is spend 5 minutes of it cleaning up your crumbs and rubbish.

People stealing food/drink/cutlery at work is a pet hate of mine too. And people who don't clean up after themselves in a Staff Room. The last thing I want to do on my shitty 30 minute break is spend 5 minutes of it cleaning up your crumbs and rubbish.

Yes.

My work is full of 17-20 year olds who have mummy and daddy do everything at home for them. Cue them taking their breaks and leaving shit everywhere. Cups and spoons just left in the sink, expecting someone else to wash them out. Cue me coming in and making one of the little messy bastards clean the whole lot.

"But it wasn't just me.."

I don't care, you were here when the mess was made. That's good enough for me, scroat.

Yes.

My work is full of 17-20 year olds who have mummy and daddy do everything at home for them. Cue them taking their breaks and leaving shit everywhere. Cups and spoons just left in the sink, expecting someone else to wash them out. Cue me coming in and making one of the little messy bastards clean the whole lot.

I don't care, you were here when the mess was made. That's good enough for me, scroat.

baby_hitler.jpg

Yes.

That's actually why I hate (ok strong word, dislike to an extent) days off... I come back the next day and the store room, counter and so on are an utter mess. The counter is covered in empty mugs, rubbish and whatever else. So my morning is spent cleaning up.

Yes but antibacterial washing liquid (which the spoons are currently sitting in, along with boiling water) doesn't get the image out of my head of the person making that "mmnnaaah" noise while spooning whatever food into their mouth. It's like finding a hair in your food, you just can't finish it after that.

That's actually why I hate (ok strong word, dislike to an extent) days off... I come back the next day and the store room, counter and so on are an utter mess. The counter is covered in empty mugs, rubbish and whatever else. So my morning is spent cleaning up.

Yes but antibacterial washing liquid (which the spoons are currently sitting in, along with boiling water) doesn't get the image out of my head of the person making that "mmnnaaah" noise while spooning whatever food into their mouth. It's like finding a hair in your food, you just can't finish it after that.

licking%20the%20spoon.jpg

:popcorn:

I have the exact same problem at my work. The dirty bastards leave mess everywhere, dont clean cutlery properly, etc....it's disgusting. The sad thing is, they are all older than me so really they should know better. I used to clean up after them but I've given up, I just ignore it. I dont see why I should waste my time tidying their mess!

Absolutely HATE it when fuckwads at work decide to leave the building's communal areas in a complete mess. Given that, most of the time, I work with a bunch of bus drivers, it's no surprise that the sink area is left in a total state, but it's even worse upstairs with the "senior" management types. Every time I work up there it's absolutely disgusting, and these are middle-aged company directors! Unfortunately for them, the person that I normally cover for upstairs usually does all the dishes, but when I'm up there? Fuck that noise. I don't paid enough to run around cleaning up after lazy arseholes.

The stupid TV Licensing rules.

I just phoned them just now cos we got a letter in saying that we need to pay for a TV licence. Now while we do have a TV in the flat, the only signal we pick up is through a very broken roof aerial, and as such we only have 4 channels, all of which are so fuzzy you can't watch them for more than 5 minutes without thinking you're having a stroke. So when I phoned them just now and explained that, they said I still need to pay for a full licence, 148.

I pointed out that I would effectively be paying 148 for nothing, as the TV is unwatchable but she said as long as we're picking up a signal I still had to pay it for it, however useless it is. So I told her I'd just unplug the aerial and then I wouldn't have to pay and she said OK, you can do that, but they'll be sending round detector vans to check on us! Oooh, scary non-existent detector vans! :laughing: Cocks.

Do you reckon the vans are inconspicuous, and perhaps have "Rent-a-van" on the side? Or do you think they will have a huge pair of eyes that follow your every move, a massive satellite lumped on the top, and TV Licensing decor all over the front, back and roof?

I hope its the latter, so you can switch the telly off when you hear that TV TANK come rolling down your street.

However, don't you need a TV license if you don't have a telly but have a radio or a computer too?

They parp on about how "sophisticated" the vans are, and all these the amazing things they can do, detect a TV from half a mile away and pinpoint which room it's in, etc. but they never actually disclose what equipment they have or how they can do it. I think they are just an empty threat to make people buy licences. I'm not even convinced they exist. Have you ever seen one? I know I haven't. Even if they do, I don't think they have anything more sophisticated than a bloke looking up at your window.

I think the missis said she'd seen one in Aberdeen. It's probably not full of equipment, but instead a group of heavies that knock on folks doors and ask if they've got a telly.

Fuck the BBC. I'd prefer it if they just had adverts because I don't even watch the BBC. Besides, alot of foreign countries get BBC channels on their basic cable packages. Fucked if they are paying for a license to watch our sacred broadcasts like Eastenders, Wimbledon and repeats of Keeping Up Appearances and One Foot in the Grave. Hands off!

Fuck the BBC. I'd prefer it if they just had adverts because I don't even watch the BBC. Besides, alot of foreign countries get BBC channels on their basic cable packages. Fucked if they are paying for a license to watch our sacred broadcasts like Eastenders, Wimbledon and repeats of Keeping Up Appearances and One Foot in the Grave. Hands off!

I think the BBC is well worth the license fee. You only have to look at how shit ITV is to think how bad things would be without it. That recent "Off Kilter" about Aberdeen was brilliant, and an example of something that would NEVER have been made for commercial telly.

On top of that I'm always listening to Sportsound and Off the Ball on Radio Scotland. And just wait till you have kids, Cbeebies is a fucking godsend. Timmy Time is my current favourite, it's ace.

So yeah, the Daily Mail can stick their license fee campaign up their arse. Although I do think there should be a sliding scale, silly that a single mum on benefits pays the same license fee as a billionaire.

I wouldn't mind paying for one if my telly actually worked, but it really is just a fuzzy disaster. BBC One is almost watchable, enough for me to endure MOTD on a Saturday night (although you can never see where the ball is), and the F1 every second Sunday but that's about it.

Dunno about MOTD but you can watch the F1 live online. :up:

I think the BBC is well worth the license fee. You only have to look at how shit ITV is to think how bad things would be without it. That recent "Off Kilter" about Aberdeen was brilliant, and an example of something that would NEVER have been made for commercial telly.

On top of that I'm always listening to Sportsound and Off the Ball on Radio Scotland. And just wait till you have kids, Cbeebies is a fucking godsend. Timmy Time is my current favourite, it's ace.

So yeah, the Daily Mail can stick their license fee campaign up their arse. Although I do think there should be a sliding scale, silly that a single mum on benefits pays the same license fee as a billionaire.

I agree about ITV being terrible, but I only watch sitcoms and football. BBC just isn't for me, but I still have to pay for it. Paying for stuff you don't use is well naff. It should be on a PAYG tariff, where it clocks how much you watch it, and you pay at the end of the financial year. It would certainly deter me from watching repeats of awful, awful Family Guy on Beeb3.

Dunno about MOTD but you can watch the F1 live online. :up:

You can watch MOTD live on the BBC too (by live, I mean at the same time it is on TV). I tend to watch Football First on Sky Sports now. I'm a bit fed up of Hansen and Dixon analyzing parts of games that weren't even included in the highlights reel. FF pretty much has the full coverage, with long stoppages cut out, so it's totally decent. Sky Sports is mint.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

rubbish editing in 'reality' programs of any sort...mostly courtesy of american adaptations.

ramsay's kitchen nightmares may well be edited for effect in the UK but you can't tell to any great degree. the american version is utter bullshit, every episode has to have some phoney scripted dramatical conflict, obviously out-of-place 'reaction shots' from the audience etc inserted in (for example, someone might fart at the dinner table at some point during the entire evening, and the footage of the ensuing faces of disgust is shoehorned in at a completely different moment when Ramsay shouts "this food's not fucking cooked through!" or something). a freeze-frame at the beginning of each episode has a disclaimer stating something along the lines of "events depicted in the following program may have been scripted for continuity and entertainment purposes"...so, you shot all of this shit and decided it just wasn't entertaining enough for me? why don't you make up your own tv shows then, instead of generating phoney scripts that look like they were written by a fucking 5 year old, conveyed with shite acting & editing and ruining what was a fun and successful program in the UK?

similar to this is when the audio from a conversation is chopped up and rearranged in such a painfully obvious manner that you'd think some blind guy did it with the 1/4 inch tape and a butter knife, instead of being in some big time studio with millions of dollars' worth of gear and decades of industry experience. i hear this in all sorts of interviews, adverts and of course shite reality programs. It's just so distracting. It reminds me of the simpsons episode when homer's interview with the TV magazine Rock Bottom is re-edited for television to show him in a negative light (except instead of chuckling to myself when i see it, i die a little inside)

oh, and people who write 'tounge' instead of 'tongue'. just say it. townje. pricks.

I hate when a succesful TV program suddenly has to receive a "celebrity" makeover, thus ruining it forever. See:

Celebrity Wife Swap

Celebrity Who Wants To Be A Millionaire

Celebrity Family Fortunes

Celebrity Come Dine With Me

Celebrity Weakest Link

Celebrity Masterchef

Repeat ad naseum.

I like these kind of programs better when it's just normal people off the street. I watched Celebrity Come Dine With Me on Saturday and it was Dani Behr, Big Mo off Eastenders, Dane Bowers and Bobby Davro. What makes Channel 4 think I want to see any of those people on my TV?

Millionaire is ruined in the celebrity versions cos it destroys all the tension. They aren't playing for money for themselves so they are a lot more blas about gambling it. When you see a normal person really really start to shit it cos they are going to win the kind of money that can change their life, that makes for great telly. It's tense as fuck. and you can really root for people and get into it. Watching Philip & Fearne playing as a team for Guide Dogs For The Blind does not make for great telly.