aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

John Lewis.

Bought an LCD TV off them last year which developed a line down one side that disappears after about 15 minutes but it's under 5 year guarantee so called them about it. An engineer was sent out, decided the screen is knackered and they are now coming to pick it up for repair, may take up to a week. They don't even give you a replacement TV while it's way for repair. Called JL about it only to be told 'we don't provide that service, do you not have another TV in your house?' I can handle the fact they send things off for repair but surely providing some sort of replacement to minimise inconvenience wouldn't be beyond them?

Useless service as per, every company out there seems to exist putting the customer through the inconvenience while they just refuse to see any fault in their shite customer service. Have logged it as a complaint but i'm not exactly holding my breath at any favourable outcome.

John Lewis.

Bought an LCD TV off them last year which developed a line down one side that disappears after about 15 minutes but it's under 5 year guarantee so called them about it. An engineer was sent out, decided the screen is knackered and they are now coming to pick it up for repair, may take up to a week. They don't even give you a replacement TV while it's way for repair. Called JL about it only to be told 'we don't provide that service, do you not have another TV in your house?' I can handle the fact they send things off for repair but surely providing some sort of replacement to minimise inconvenience wouldn't be beyond them?

Useless service as per, every company out there seems to exist putting the customer through the inconvenience while they just refuse to see any fault in their shite customer service. Have logged it as a complaint but i'm not exactly holding my breath at any favourable outcome.

That isn't a service that's normally provided unfortunately. Had you bought the TV from us we could have short term rented you a set in the interim at a very reasonable price (usually 5 a week, but very much dependant on size). We only provide that service as we rent sets so we have ex-rental TVs that can fill that role.

Cant carry a load of washing in its entirety! EVER

Right so you pull a bunch of clothes either out of the washing machine or tumble dryer.

You drop a sock.

So you bend over pick the sock up, a t-shirt falls on the floor

You try to pick the t-shirt up, something else falls.

I've come to the conclusion that its physically impossible to carry all the washing in one go, just leave the first sock on the floor to teach it a fucking lesson!

Right so you pull a bunch of clothes either out of the washing machine or tumble dryer.

You drop a sock.

So you bend over pick the sock up, a t-shirt falls on the floor

You try to pick the t-shirt up, something else falls.

I've come to the conclusion that its physically impossible to carry all the washing in one go, just leave the first sock on the floor to teach it a fucking lesson!

rect_washing_basket.jpg

My pet hate today:

DVDs. Especially rental ones. You put them in and you get the name of the production company. Then you get the name of the company that own the film. Then the name of the distribution company. Then then the copyright warning. Then the trailers. And occasionally even an advert for Maltesers or Pot Noodle. And you can't fucking skip any of it! It takes about 5 minutes just to get to the main menu.

I'm going back to VCR, at least you could just fast forward all that shit.

Disney DVDs are the worst. There's about half an hour of trailers for crappy straight to DVD sequels of films that were crap in the first place, like Mulan II or whatever.

It's all the logos popping up that fuck me off. At least you can usually FF the trailers if you can't skip them altogether, but when you first load it in and you get all the different company names coming up, that's just annoying. Also that "You wouldn't steal a handbag" nonsense. Then when you press "Play film" you get more company logos coming up, and the legal copyright notice about not broadcasting it on oil rigs or buses. It's infuriating.

The fact that the papers insist on referring to Ian Wood's son Garreth as an "entrepreneur".

Former Miss UK and entrepreneur marry in glamorous service - Press & Journal

Now, I really want to point out that this is NOT just sour grapes on my part because his old man's worth hundreds of millions and I'm fucking broke all the time. A friend of mine used to be good pals with the guy as well and by all accounts he is a nice chap, or as nice as you can turn out when raised in that type of situation BUT calling him an "entrepreneur" because his dad bankrolled his business buying up loads of pubs at inflated prices is laughable.

Garreth Wood owns my work. Nice chap he may be to his friends, but he's an absolute bellend to his staff when he comes in.

Fed up of hearing about the Jordan Peter Andre divorce. First it was Jordan partying everynight that we just had to hear about. Now it's Andre, telling the same story every single day about how brave and strong he is. Anyone who is even remotely famous shouldn't be allowed to speak, make hand gestures or draw pictures. It just leads to a whole manner of tedious repetiton of fuck all worth.