aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I think it is, never bought it so i won't know.

there are alot of junkies, the market is rife with shite gear because they're all ruthless ripping each other off, so an abundance will always be cheaper

i dunno if im just speaking shite tho

Try telling that to someone who needs a 10 bag about 3 times a day.

There's this family that one of my colleagues works with and they couldn't afford 15 for a day trip with their kids (who are in care) because of the dad's habit.

It's not cheap if you have a high dependancy... and use other drugs along with it e.g valium.

I hate wasted food in restaurants. Just back from a work night out and we had this Mexican buffet type meal where they brought lots of stuff to the table, but there was sooooo much waste that everyone ended up taking some home. But why cook all that amount when there's no way it could be eaten!

It was my bosses that said i went to fast and it put the customer under pressure to bag faster... fuck off.

I go shopping on my tod, and I much prefer being able to bag everything up as I go, rather than wait until I've paid and try to start cramming stuff at the end. Somerfield in Stonehaven is particularly awful for this.

At least when I go to the ASDA in Portlethen I can opt for a self-service, far better.

:up:

Self service can suck it. Every other item, the robotic voice yells "please place item in bagging area". Even if you do, the thing locks up and tells you to wait for assistance, where they just type in a number and you're back to doing the most infuriating shopping on earth. Does it automatically do this, so the staff needlessly manning the Self Service section feel a bit useful? Either way, its shite. I'd rather queue, and put my items on the conveyor belt. "Do you want help with your packing?" "Yes. Pack it all, whilst I stand here". None of this doing it myself shite. Just hard graft, but not on my part.

I was reading an opinion on why we have these self-service things, these days. Apparently, the high cost of labour means jobs are increasingly being replaced with capital goods by companies. Hence the general lack of packers, ushers, bellboys, petrol pumpers and other sundry noddy jobs in our society.

Of course, given that our bright faced eager youths of yore have been replaced with surly texting freaks with one ear piece permanently present, I'd maybe rather do it myself

/grumpy old git

Guest Tam o' Shantie

the alarming frequency with which crap haircuts seem to come (back) into fashion...i've seen a couple of mullets recently (by which I mean 120 Tony & Guy mullets, not old skool mull) and this one seems to be 'in' right now

pg2_a_vanillaice_300.jpg

The fact that the papers insist on referring to Ian Wood's son Garreth as an "entrepreneur".

Former Miss UK and entrepreneur marry in glamorous service - Press & Journal

Now, I really want to point out that this is NOT just sour grapes on my part because his old man's worth hundreds of millions and I'm fucking broke all the time. A friend of mine used to be good pals with the guy as well and by all accounts he is a nice chap, or as nice as you can turn out when raised in that type of situation BUT calling him an "entrepreneur" because his dad bankrolled his business buying up loads of pubs at inflated prices is laughable.