aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Another gripe:

Aberdeen City Council. I pay what I consider to be extortionate Council Tax, so why is it so difficult to GRIT THE FUCKING PAVEMENTS WHEN IT'S FROSTY!!!???

Where's the fucking grit I've paid for?

I was out visiting my parents in Ellon over Christmas, and every square inch of path was gritted, why is so difficult to do this in town? Even worse are those brass stud things they put into the pavement to help the blind. Unfortunately they cause the pavement to be even more slippery...

:laughing:

Another gripe:

Aberdeen City Council. I pay what I consider to be extortionate Council Tax, so why is it so difficult to GRIT THE FUCKING PAVEMENTS WHEN IT'S FROSTY!!!???

Where's the fucking grit I've paid for?

I was out visiting my parents in Ellon over Christmas, and every square inch of path was gritted, why is so difficult to do this in town? Even worse are those brass stud things they put into the pavement to help the blind. Unfortunately they cause the pavement to be even more slippery...

YES!

Couple of days ago walking to work I'd have been better off with ice skates.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

levi's sauce is the tits - if only some of the other great sauces were marketed so well then you might be able to consistently buy em. i'm looking at you, deli sauce - please fly the LIDL nest.

my pet hate for the day is 'unintelligent' or badly set traffic light relays: Trying to get to Dyce via Kingswells, a massive queue stretches from the roundabout up the hill back to milltimber every morning. Why? because the roundabout operates on a traffic light system at certain times of day, and not only does the light for the junction i'm talking about only remain green for literally 2-3 seconds, you actually have to go through a second set of lights to get to the 2nd exit from this direction.

another one is the box junction at the crossroads of union terrace and union street. i am always stuck behind some asshole who doesn't enter the box junction to turn right, despite the fact that it is totally legal and correct to do so. Then the right turning filter light comes on, and the traffic turning right has about 3 actual seconds to do so before the lights turn red again. Unfortunately, 1.5 of those seconds is occupied by the fuckwit in front dragging their gearstick into 1st and hesitantly edging forward into the junction.

I have the same problem when trying to leave st clair street (which is a 1 way street) in the morning. My journey is delayed instantly by 5 minutes or so if I don't manage to get into my car in the morning and go straight through the green lights. They remain on for about 5 or 6 seconds, followed by several minutes of red light to let the west north street traffic through. I have sat for 2 minutes at a time without a single car going along west north street, waiting for the lights to change. but they never do.

other car gripes are people who toot, flash or give the finger when they are either entirely in the wrong for something, or are inexplicably enraged by something I have done. I drove into stonehaven the other day and overtook a car on the dual carriageway about half a mile before the stonehaven turn off. I pulled back into the left hand lane, about a hundred feet in front of them and began to signal left to make the exit...cue a repeated use of full beam flashing to reprimand me for the crime of overtaking them, followed by mashing their moronic fist into their horn (illegal uses of both btw).

I don't usually advocate the use of middle fingers, as most of the time they are given to me for pointing out other people's shocking/dangerous driving and i don't wish to lower myself to their fucking knuckle dragging cunt driver ways, but i extended the ol' digit as far as possible in this instance.

Right away to agree with heaps here...

Calm down dear...

I apologise.

hee hee!

People who spell your name wrong.

Glen is not my name.

I am the same, if they are not spelling Jodi wrong (or pronouncing it Judy or Josie), the are getting my last name wrong and adding in H's and S's and extra L's...when it is simpley nicol

People who moan about their name being spelt wrong when it's not spelt the way that the majority of the English-speaking world spell it.

it is when they send you an email which clearly says your name yet they still spell wrong I like to check out of politeness :)

YES!

Couple of days ago walking to work I'd have been better off with ice skates.

Yip I have the same problem walking to work, it's icier than the roads, even my cat boots slide aboot

whoo that's a big-un...glad to see I have mastered the multi-qoute!

I hate programs like "My Super Sweet 16th" or "Bridezillas" that my girlfriend watches, with these fucking awful, rich, spoilt bitches with their diva-ish demands, being rude and condescending to everyone.

Surely the most important thing at a birthday party is your friends and family being there, not the fucking ice sculpure, or getting to arrive in a soft-top Ferrari.

Calm down Crag.

Anyway, another pet hate is when bands (generally of young ages) change their name every 2 weeks...

Thats two people that have addressed me by name on this site recently. Thats two too many, Bukan.

And I was guilty of this.

People spell my name wrong too. It is annoying. So much so that the other day on the phone to Scottish Power I spelt it out before the woman could even say anything and she burst out laughing.

Worst examples have been... Janet (it's a completely different name), Janette, Jeannette... I could go on. My tutor at uni used to spell it with 2 ns (usually in email replies when it was quite clear it's just 1 n.)

/rant.

yip think he started in early 70's i was born 1977....mum n dad were fans!

even his name is spelled in 3 or more ways if you look on-line, I was meant to be a boy...but they got me instead but kept the name :)

I think you'll find that THE South African racing driver that your named after is actually spelt...

Jody Schecter (He used to drive the 6 wheel Tyrell-Ford early on...Cool!)

(Quote.....Born: Jody Schecter, South African auto maker, World Driver's 1979 ... Unquote)

Guest treader.
I hate programs like "My Super Sweet 16th" or "Bridezillas" that my girlfriend watches, with these fucking awful, rich, spoilt bitches with their diva-ish demands, being rude and condescending to everyone.

Surely the most important thing at a birthday party is your friends and family being there, not the fucking ice sculpure, or getting to arrive in a soft-top Ferrari.

Good job it's all scripted and fake then.

I think you'll find that THE South African racing driver that your named after is actually spelt...

Jody Schecter (He used to drive the 6 wheel Tyrell-Ford early on...Cool!)

(Quote.....Born: Jody Schecter, South African auto maker, World Driver's 1979 ... Unquote)

yip as I said in my post spelt differently on-line....Jody is the boys way of spelling it! Probalem with that...bring it up with the folks! ;)

(why do people on forums always try n prove you wrong, even about your own name and where it came from?)

yip as I said in my post spelt differently on-line....Jody is the boys way of spelling it! Probalem with that...bring it up with the folks! ;)

(why do people on forums always try n prove you wrong, even about your own name and where it came from?)

I think Sam's point was if you were named directly after him it should be the correct spelling? Possibly.

one of my pet hates is people who quote family guy in real life.

i was in HMV once just browsing, and a couple of guys stand next to me and one of them was talking to his mates about stuff and instead of saying something like "what's going on?" or "what the hell?" He was saying "What the Deuce?" every 2 seconds!!!! ARGH! And trying to do it in Stewie's voice may I add...

• Upvote 1