aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

One of my online friends posted a nice photo of a blue sky on Facebook with the tagline "simple." It was simple, it was a nice simple photo. Well done him. What really upset me was a woman who commented on the photo saying "I agree ____! So simple and yet every sky scape is unique. You'll never quite get that mix of colours and shapes again! How AMAZING is God's imagination!"

Now what on Earth does she mean? I personally don't believe in God, but I am friends with plenty that do. Now is this woman, who is an educated woman in her 50s I believe, honestly suggesting that God's imagination is responsible for the "unique" sky scape? If there was, or is, a God does she think that part of a day's work for him is making the sky look pretty, or even that this sky scape was part of his big "plan"? Is every cloud in the sky just a little bit of his imagination? Really? Does it rain when he's taking a piss?

Perhaps by imagination she meant the world as his creation, in which case the beauty of a sky scape could conceivably be part of his imagination, I suppose. The way she phrased it suggests that she thinks he's up there thinking this shit through!??

Basically, my pet hate here is this comment that was made about a nice photo, not about people who believe in God. It was a stupid fucking comment and I can't believe a grown woman would actually type such a ludicrous, idiotic comment that belongs in the mind of a 4 year old in a religious nursery school in the American mid-west. I hope that next time she is looking at the sky and pondering the wonders of God's imagination she is driving and crashes into a wall causing minor damage to her vehicle.

We need a new God if he's spending his time making the sky look nice rather than sorting out the famine and drought in the horn of Africa. It's particularly galling if he does actually have control of the clouds. How about less art and a more equal distribution of rain water? The wastrel that he is. The flip side of her statement could of course be what a brutal and depraved imagination he has.

I hope she gets very mild whiplash and has to take an afternoon off work to think about all that.

• Upvote 1

Rest assured it is a more worthy use of your time than poker right now...

Haha, probably. Was fine in my doubles game, but then I totally froze up come the singles. It's not chronic dartitis as in being totally unable to let the dart go, but struggling to let go at the right time, which isn't a whole lot better. And to add insult to injury: this season there's 50p fines for every score of 9 or less in non-checkout play, I chalked up three in one night.

(At least we won....)

I'm sure there have been plenty of people expressing their hate for people who do stupid things on the road. I normally express this hatred too, but today I was the person who did something stupid on the road. To cut a long story short, I nearly caused two cars to crash into me at a t-junction (one from each way). I have no idea what the fuck was going through my head. Probably just a complete lapse in concentration for my part. I hate the feeling I have right now. Basically I feel like a total asshole and I wish there was a way for me to apologise to the other drivers. :down:

• Upvote 1

Oh, and the Burglar Alarm that is always, always going off for hours somewhere near the Pittodrie Bar on King St. It's at least 3 times a week, and it goes on for hours, often into the unholy hours of the morning. Clearly no one gives a fuck if someone breaks into your flat. I hope they rob everything, and desecrate on your irreplaceable family heirlooms.

Bellends.

People incorrectly putting -holic on the end of words, to proclaim their love for something. Same goes for putting -gasm on the end.

Chocoholic. Mouthgasm. etc.

It's wrong. The words you are saying aren't words.

I'm addicted to Chocahol.

The Howff. Been there about 5 times now (during the time which they say they serve food) and everytime, for some reason, they haven't been serving food. The sign outside said FOOD 12PM - 7PM. Got there tonight at 6:15, and was told the kitchen was closed, just like everytime I turn up. Do they even really serve food? Is it a myth? An elaborate hoax? Knob off.

Bloody hell that's an awesome line up.

Liquid Swords as well.

Blackstar,Erykah Badu, Big K.R.I.T, Mobb Deep laods of great stuff.

Pet Hate: ca_gere informing me about great things I can't go to!

Tell me about it! Ridiculous line up. Although its a big festival and I'm sure the 'while album' thing they're touting will be a case of one or two lines from each song, just enough to get the crowd whooping. That's what I'm telling myself anyway coz I'm not going. Have heard mixed reviews of previous rock the bells festivals.

The Howff. Been there about 5 times now (during the time which they say they serve food) and everytime, for some reason, they haven't been serving food. The sign outside said FOOD 12PM - 7PM. Got there tonight at 6:15, and was told the kitchen was closed, just like everytime I turn up. Do they even really serve food? Is it a myth? An elaborate hoax? Knob off.

They serve food and it's awesome!