aberdeen-music

Toxic distortion - Aberdeens most know HAIR METAL band

SiXXX

Three is my record and damn right you got to love me, someone needs to lol

I didn't take desperately cheesey as an insult, but if you think rise are cheesey you should have seen mine and Mr Imray's old band Rebel Thunder, leather and spandex it's all i'm saying, we might do a one off gig sometime.

Also look out for our Motley Crue tribute band landing sometime next year, we're already claiming to be Scotland's premier MC tribute, mainly cos we can;t find another ;)

The thing is though, i just can't see the sense in being part of a band, involving themselves in the local music scene, then start shit with those who - if they had any sense at all would realise - are going to be essential to their success in that same local scene (the ones who are going to initially come to an odd gig of theirs - rather than make a point to avoid going anywhere near the place in the fear that the venue might look crowded henceforth raising their sense of self-importance to level even higher than that of which they are already seemingly gaining so much criticism for)

Daddy's music scene takeover plan - epic fail.

Right, I must say i've read through this giant rant about this band Toxic Distortion...and yes I did go on their myspace page as well just to get an insight into " Aberdeens' most well known hair metal glam ..or something" I can't be bothered to go back and check what they actually said..

Must say, i'm an old salt on ye olde Aberdeen Music and have done my fair share of gigs and I can't say for one minute i've heard of these chaps.

I will give them points for being energetic and positive about themselves but i'll say they took it that step too fair with their Holier Than Thou vibes and personally from what i've seen I think they are well too cocky and need to tone down a bit .The attitude doesn't work in 2008...let's face it this is more Spinal Tap than Motley Crue...Sorry lads.

You don't win friends with salad ..or in this case in your face attitude and ficticious U.S tour dates.

As for the age old believe that "Any publicity is good publicity" as was conveyed in a couple of threads past . A whole host of well known names on the Aberdeen music scene saying a band is shit is not by any far stretch of the imagination going to encourage people to go see a band for the purposes of hearing some good music but rather to shore up claims of the utter pappness of said band.

Right, I must say i've read through this giant rant about this band Toxic Distortion...and yes I did go on their myspace page as well just to get an insight into " Aberdeens' most well known hair metal glam ..or something" I can't be bothered to go back and check what they actually said..

Must say, i'm an old salt on ye olde Aberdeen Music and have done my fair share of gigs and I can't say for one minute i've heard of these chaps.

I will give them points for being energetic and positive about themselves but i'll say they took it that step too fair with their Holier Than Thou vibes and personally from what i've seen I think they are well too cocky and need to tone down a bit .The attitude doesn't work in 2008...let's face it this is more Spinal Tap than Motley Crue...Sorry lads.

You don't win friends with salad ..or in this case in your face attitude and ficticious U.S tour dates.

As for the age old believe that "Any publicity is good publicity" as was conveyed in a couple of threads past . A whole host of well known names on the Aberdeen music scene saying a band is shit is not by any far stretch of the imagination going to encourage people to go see a band for the purposes of hearing some good music but rather to shore up claims of the utter pappness of said band.

In terms of constructive criticism, you don't get much better than that. Well said.

They remind me of some band that I saw in Kef ages ago who were of a similar age, who had a bunch of complete arseholes turn up to watch them (watching 14 year olds smoke and acting like they're hard was hilarious), along with their parents who were obviously proud..and then heckling them to the point of getting their singer to shout 'fuck off' while being on the verge of tears in front of his parents. I wouldn't even have said anything, but given that their 'fans' were complete pricks..well, nothing was funnier than being threatened with 'a hiding' by someone half my size.

The sad thing was, any parents who genuinely loved their children wouldn't have let them near the stage, they were that laughably bad.

Edit : from the whois of their website, it appears that the phrase 'garthdee mink' can safely be applied to one of them :)

They remind me of some band that I saw in Kef ages ago who were of a similar age, who had a bunch of complete arseholes turn up to watch them (watching 14 year olds smoke and acting like they're hard was hilarious), along with their parents who were obviously proud..and then heckling them to the point of getting their singer to shout 'fuck off' while being on the verge of tears in front of his parents. I wouldn't even have said anything, but given that their 'fans' were complete pricks..well, nothing was funnier than being threatened with 'a hiding' by someone half my size.

The sad thing was, any parents who genuinely loved their children wouldn't have let them near the stage, they were that laughably bad.

Edit : from the whois of their website, it appears that the phrase 'garthdee mink' can safely be applied to one of them :)

My Downfall?

also, who makes up the tags for the threads, because the tags for this thread in particular are getting better by the minute.

i heard a similar story to that. thought i heard it involved you

All so long ago, but I think the only time I was involved in any sort of pisstaking with them was when me and Gumpy decided to dance like complete prats to one of My Downfall's songs in the Tunnels one time, though the reasons why are completely lost in the mists of time - though it probably involved drink.

A quick use of search and it tells me they were called 'Gone 2 Far'. Oh, how they were fun. Were they a Westhill band?

I somehow feel upset that I went to Westhill and was never in a band :(