aberdeen-music

Toxic distortion - Aberdeens most know HAIR METAL band

SiXXX

Their music cured my broken leg. I ain't gonna lie.

Seriously, the sheer power of Toxic Distortion's music comes across like nothing I've heard since Martin Luther King's "I have a dream speech". This is much more important than just a bunch of tunes, fellas. They're going to be bigger than communism.

Fucking hilarious haircuts too, like.

If you look at the bottom right of their gallery page, you'll see they use "Extreme Thumbnail Generator". Does it get any more Hard Core than that?

i feel bad now - after laughing at this thread I had a look at the pics & they're look like 12 year old kids in there.

Tip to the blond kid - it looks slightly silly when you wear a t-shirt advertising a product you are not legally old enough to consume.

• Upvote 1

Some constructive criticism

If I could offer this band one piece of advice it would be to learn how to play as a band instead of just a bunch of individuals. Your album is going to sound totally wank if your drummer keeps dropping out of time and missing beats, and especially if the rest of the band ignore that the drummer has lost the timing and just keep playing at the speed they were before. This is especially evident in it sounds like you all recorded your parts without headphones. Listen to each other more instead of just listening to your own instrument and learn to play as a band.

Also what the fuck kind of accent is that singer supposed to have? If you're going to sing in a Cockney accent listen to some punk CDs featuring cockney singers and learn how to pronounce the words properly. Or just watch more Eastenders. The way he says "I feel so goo-ed" in "Flying High", is unintentional comedy, and then he goes American at the end of every line and does a little Axl Rose impression. You guys are really not ready to take on the world yet. You're good for your age but you need a hell of a lot more practise. There are far too many mistakes - in "Steal The Scene" the singer sounds like he's never heard the song before, and the guitarist is sloppy as hell. Also I hate the false ending, it's too samey.

In short, practice more.

If I could offer this band one piece of advice it would be...

GOOD ADVICE

In short, practice more.

About time this thread had a bit more of this. Fair enough, they are a bit crap. But they're young. And fair enough, they've really talked a lot of bollocks about themselves. But they're young.

And I think they've probably got the message now, and another x pages of sniping sneering and abuse is not going to change anything, other than reinforcing the image that this site has in some circles as inward, cliquey and divisive. The whole point of this site is to help the bands of Aberdeen reach their true potential (whether we like them or not). So, since we're all seasoned professionals with critical acclaim, PRS money and recording contracts falling out our pockets, let's point them in the right direction.

If I could offer this band one piece of advice it would be to learn how to play as a band instead of just a bunch of individuals. Your album is going to sound totally wank if your drummer keeps dropping out of time and missing beats, and especially if the rest of the band ignore that the drummer has lost the timing and just keep playing at the speed they were before. This is especially evident in "Flying High" it sounds like you all recorded your parts without headphones. Listen to each other more instead of just listening to your own instrument and learn to play as a band.

Also what the fuck kind of accent is that singer supposed to have? If you're going to sing in a Cockney accent listen to some punk CDs featuring cockney singers and learn how to pronounce the words properly. Or just watch more Eastenders. The way he says "I feel so goo-ed" in "Flying High", is unintentional comedy, and then he goes American at the end of every line and does a little Axl Rose impression. You guys are really not ready to take on the world yet. You're good for your age but you need a hell of a lot more practise. There are far too many mistakes - in "Steal The Scene" the singer sounds like he's never heard the song before, and the guitarist is sloppy as hell. Also I hate the false ending, it's too samey.

In short, practice more.

Adding some words I managed to cut out. Too late to edit.

According to myspace,one Distortee is from Torry, one from Harlaw....dunno 'bout the rest, although they also seem to be from LA...(not Logie Avenue, sadly).

Seem like enthusiastic young'uns.......haven't listened to the music yet though.

3 are from Harlaw.

Being young isn't an excuse. I'm young. My band was young. But we didn't treat other bands and people with utter lack of respect and decency that these grotty little gobshites do.

According to myspace,one Distortee is from Torry, one from Harlaw....dunno 'bout the rest, although they also seem to be from LA...(not Logie Avenue, sadly).

Seem like enthusiastic young'uns.......haven't listened to the music yet though.

Right, in that case the "we bring cock to Cults" tag should obviously be removed...

(and inserted in the Kitchen Cynics thread ;) )

If I was going to attempt to defend these guys at all I would point out Motley Crue were awful a lot of the time... however they had pyro and Pamela Anderson when she was hot... So Toxic Distortion more explosions and more Baywatch babes (if you can remember that programme) and some of us might, just might change our opinion of you.

On another note Aberdeen's best known Hair metal/classic rock band (well my mum and Kieran Imray says we are) Rise will be playing in Moorings this Sat with Firebrand. Nothing like a cheap plug ;)

Just found these gems of comments on some lad's bebo from Toxic Distortion in response to a comment that was posted on here (but now seems to have been deleted):

"This band is so cocky its unreal, they say that are in talks getting a record deal. when the record company realises that noone likes then they will soon change their mind. Their myspace profile is quite funny they have pictures of some family holiday in america trying to pretend its some sort of world tour they are just a few kids that like to wear tight leather clothes and have beehive hair styles. The vocalist is the worsed though he sounds like a strangled cat. About a year ago they came to record in my studio. the cheap bastards still havent paid me. Someone needs to sort this lot out"

sort us out? ill fukin sort u out u daft cunt. stop runnin ur mouth before i fukin rip it aff. ill see u at college.

Im on about me slapping you silly after college pal, i hear our fat drummer broke your drum stool? how about we buy you a new one and rap it round your posh little face you cunt

I think your forgetting something, we know where you live.

charming young chaps.

HAHAHAHA!!

well we found this too hilarious to just sit back and watch, the fact people are still commenting after 12 pages is pretty fucking funny. but unlike most of the people that spend their days slagging off kids over the internet, we have a life.

but feel free to keep the abuse coming! spotty little teenagers with funny haircuts who like to make up tour dates love this kind of attention!

Right, personally I feel this has gotten well out of hand... i've already put in my 2 cents previously.

I think maybe this should be rapped up and put away for a rainy day or something lol. comments both critical, supportive ( in the minority but there's a couple) and the damn right sadistic have been posted.

My god it was a laugh though lol this has been the most time i've spent on Aberdeen Music lol...

oh... and will someone buy my fucking amp?!

lol....

About time this thread had a bit more of this. Fair enough, they are a bit crap. But they're young. And fair enough, they've really talked a lot of bollocks about themselves. But they're young.

And I think they've probably got the message now, and another x pages of sniping sneering and abuse is not going to change anything, other than reinforcing the image that this site has in some circles as inward, cliquey and divisive. The whole point of this site is to help the bands of Aberdeen reach their true potential (whether we like them or not). So, since we're all seasoned professionals with critical acclaim, PRS money and recording contracts falling out our pockets, let's point them in the right direction.

true haha.

At the end of the day they're just lil punks who think its cool to act like lil punks/cunts and play in a band. Leave them be and they'll look back one day and cringe im sure.

They'll learn and realise its not the way to go about bizniss.

But I like the fact they have made a bit of a stir. Makes for good internet banter.

I've witnessed them playing @ one of the Lemon Tree lunch time gigs and one of the the band members mums came up and asked my friend and I what we thought of the band ("errrm good??") .

She seemed like a nice lady and Im sure she would not appreciate them shooting their mouths off and threatening people though. Sent to bed with no tea me thinks!

On another note: Funniest tags ever.

-

Omg

I have seen this band in aberdeen it is actually like watching a comedy. why would someone decide it would be a glam image to dress in his mums tights and scream on stage. This is what makes me sad about the aberdeen music scene. they dont treat anyone else with respect so they shouldnt be treated well in return

HAHAHAHA!!

well we found this too hilarious to just sit back and watch, the fact people are still commenting after 12 pages is pretty fucking funny. but unlike most of the people that spend their days slagging off kids over the internet, we have a life.

Oh man.

You guys, like...just totally p'wned everyone!!!!

...wow!!!!!

:sleeping: