aberdeen-music

Stabbing outside Snafu

Back to the topic...

Don't suppose anyone knows who it was who was stabbed? I hate hearing that people in my age group have been attacked or injured but not named, I instantly think it's someone I know, especially in that area of town. A few of the bouncers at Snafu are Polish...any link, anyone know?

Back to the topic...

Don't suppose anyone knows who it was who was stabbed? I hate hearing that people in my age group have been attacked or injured but not named, I instantly think it's someone I know, especially in that area of town. A few of the bouncers at Snafu are Polish...any link, anyone know?

Appears the man was a Polish national, though it probably didn't have anything to do with the incident.

BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | North East/N Isles | Arrest over city centre stabbing

Appears the man was a Polish national, though it probably didn't have anything to do with the incident.

BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | North East/N Isles | Arrest over city centre stabbing

I really, really hope you're right about his race not having anything to do with the incident. There's been a definite rise in the perception of Poles that the UK is becoming a dangerous place - my girlfriend is Polish, and she's shown me a few forums where attacks have been reported.

Combined with the rise in resentment by ill-educated morons about Polish immigration to the UK, it's not a good situation at all at the minute, and I fear that things might get worse in this respect.

Thankfully, in Poland, the most trouble I have is with trying to speak the language. I just hope anti-Poland sentiment in the UK doesn't end up being anti-English sentiment in Poland :(

I really, really hope you're right about his race not having anything to do with the incident. There's been a definite rise in the perception of Poles that the UK is becoming a dangerous place - my girlfriend is Polish, and she's shown me a few forums where attacks have been reported.

Combined with the rise in resentment by ill-educated morons about Polish immigration to the UK, it's not a good situation at all at the minute, and I fear that things might get worse in this respect.

Surely there's a rise in the perception of everyone that the UK is becoming a dangerous place? The papers are doing a good job of seeing to that.

Surely there's a rise in the perception of everyone that the UK is becoming a dangerous place? The papers are doing a good job of seeing to that.

Without a doubt. Some of the rubbish coming out of the tabloid (and even the broadsheets can be blamed, the Times in particular) is getting ridiculous, especially where every incident involving a knife is somehow sexed up to be 'proof' that things are getting more violent.

I don't think the UK is generally any worse than it ever was - in fact, the only perception I have is that race crimes have got worse, but I suspect that might be because they're actually being encouraged to report them, rather than being dissuaded in times gone by.

I can safely say though, that I've never felt scared walking through Aberdeen at night.