aberdeen-music

Stabbing outside Snafu

I saw it all cordoned off this morning I was wondering what happened. Pretty shit but to be fair it's getting more and more common in Aberdeen (and the UK), I had a couple of friends chased by someone with a knife on George street the other week. WTF is going on with someone that they feel they have to carry a knife about with them?

Its getting fucking ridiculous. My mate got into a scuffle over nothign on Saturday night, and after the guy had punched him, the guy said "Aye, I'll fucking slash ye's!" so we never did anything, just walked away, cos it was quite liekly he may of had a knife.

Seriously makes me re-consider staying out at night.

I was under the impression that Snafu was closed on Tuesdays after the comedy club. What was going on last night?

yea, that's what i thought.

i'm also wondering how long the scrap lasted and how long it took the police to get there seeing as the force headquarters is just round the corner. that's assuming someone let them know about it of course but i'd imagine snafu's doorstaff are connected to cctv and would have notified them as soon as possible.

I saw it all cordoned off this morning I was wondering what happened. Pretty shit but to be fair it's getting more and more common in Aberdeen (and the UK), I had a couple of friends chased by someone with a knife on George street the other week. WTF is going on with someone that they feel they have to carry a knife about with them?

It's a fucking disgrace - such is the impotence of these cockless wee shitebags, that rather than admit that the Average Joe would slap their pathetic wee tits with consumate ease - they feel the need instead to get tooled up, just to show the world what Big Tough Men they are.

Cunts.

i'm also wondering how long the scrap lasted and how long it took the police to get there seeing as the force headquarters is just round the corner. that's assuming someone let them know about it of course but i'd imagine snafu's doorstaff are connected to cctv and would have notified them as soon as possible.

Wouldn't take long for a fight to escalate like this. These things tend to happen quite quickly and I don't imagine the police will have had a lot of spare manpower hanging around on a Tuesday night.

I tend to think the whole "Knife Culture Britain" is just the latest scare-tactic buzzword designed to sell tabloids, I don't think there are more people carrying knives now than there were 10 years ago, but because of this high profile blitz against it at the moment we're just hearing about every reported incident we wouldn't have before. That's not to say that it shouldn't be stamped out, of course it should, but it's not a "what's the world coming to" thing, it's been going on for years. When I was a kid a lot of people I knew carried knives.

But yeah, this one is a little close to home. I don't like walking through the city at night anyway, there's too many junkies, mentals and general malicious little bastards going around for my liking, tooled up or not.

• Upvote 1

Also, i just read that Express article;

"Another man said: Its crazy there are so many stabbings going on in Aberdeen.

There have been more lately?

Yeah that's what I thought.

The media led perception that the whole of the UK is engulfed in an uber violent knife and gun frenzy seems to be the cause of that comment. I don't really think stabbings in Aberdeen are really any more prevalent now than they have been at any other time in the last 10 years or so.

I remember about 5 years ago someone got stabbed outside John Lewis at around the time I left a night out to head home. Would have walked right past it but I decided to get some food and a taxi instead. Switched my phone off when I arrived and woke up to loads of text and phone messages from friends asking if I'd stabbed :rolleyes:

Anyway, point is there's always the odd dickhead walking around with a knife.

Anyway, point is there's always the odd dickhead walking around with a knife.

Too true, you only have to look back to the Razor gangs in Glasgow in the 50's to know it's not a new thing. Personally I've never carried a knife nor had the compulsion to ever carry one, yet like others know people who have. I guess things will never change, it's fucked up but there are genuinely people out there who want to go out and have a fight and cause trouble, hence carry some form of weapon as 'protection'. With that kind of destructive attitude these incidents are disturbing and diplorable yet sadly unsurprising.