aberdeen-music

Stabbing outside Snafu

Race is as much nationality as colour - could you seriously imagine suggesting to the Croats and Serbs that they were the same race, for instance? They have similar language, but they're clearly a different race.

We are all the same race, but different ethinicities. Unless your mum did it with a fish or something.

• 1 month later...
i carry a knice with me wherever i go, though thats only because its on my leatherman - handiest tool on the planet

They were used to hijack the 9/11 planes - though the Leatherman company probably don't like it mentioned. It's unlikely to make it into any of their promotional material or adverts let's say.

During the hijacking of the airplanes, the hijackers used box-cutter knives to kill flight attendants, passengers, and crew members, including the captain of Flight 11, John Ogonowski.[11] Some passengers were able to make phone calls using the cabin airphone service and mobile phones.[12][13] They reported that several hijackers were aboard each plane. The 9/11 Commission established that two of the hijackers had recently purchased Leatherman multi-function hand tools

*Wait's for an Alan Cynic pun*

i suppose that using the 9/11 hi-jackings as an advert for leatherman would just show how multi-purpose they may actually be? just a bad idea to put in this coutires head if everyone is carrying around knifes!

but i think being aloud to carry a knife without an obvious valid reason should be enough to give someone an on the spot fine or something! i take a Hiker Swiss Army Knife Camping with me soemtimes, and i could easily harm someone with that knife pretty bad if i had the will to do so, if not kill them. I get scared soemtimes walking down george street after a session at captain toms in the dark, i've been shouted at by all kinds of people under the influence on something. scariest moment i ever had was go skateboard day when i ha dbeen talking to some guy i had met that day, can't remember what the group was talking about, but he at some point metioned how he had a knife with him that was "only just because enough to fit in his pocket" seriously hope he had a really small pocket!

I learned an important lesson after a particularly painful unprovoked kicking a few years ago:

Don't walk around George Street at night.

I learned an important lesson after a particularly painful unprovoked kicking a few years ago:

Don't walk around George Street at night.

Aberdeen is generally a safe city at any time of the day, ave never felt scared or intimidated walking down the street and never had a kicking this is with walking from town down george street and king street about 6 nights a week for several years

A strange thing just happened to me in Elgin...

Went down to a local pub in town for a couple of games of darts with my dad and at the end of one of the games I went outside to phone a curry which i'd collect 10 mins later. As I walk back in, these 2 manky pissed neds stumble out of the pub. I get back to my seat and my wallet and darts are missing from the table I left them at, my dad obviously too dozey to notice the neds lift them on their way out. I quickly nip outside and see them enter the bookies 2 doors up... (some getaway!)

At this point the scene from High Fidelity, where John Cusack meets Ian with 3 or 4 different results occur, goes through my head. I would love to say that I picked up the cash register at the bookies and crushed it over the ned's head, but unfortunately (due to possible threat of being stabbed) I settled on the calm "Give me back the wallet and darts, ya prick". A bit of shuffling about and he hands over wallet and darts. I check the wallet, which had a 10 note and some change in it and now is empty. He then shuffles in his pockets again and gives me the money that was in my wallet... but then I notice he's given me a 20 note as well as the 10 I had.

So after being 'mugged' I'm 20 richer :)

No smack for him tonight.

I liked how you stereotyped the neds with no proof that they nicked anything though...

It was a safe bet considering there was only my dad and myself in the pub previous to my phone call and after the phone call. They came in as I was on the phone and the barmaid denied them service as they'd given last night's barman hassle.

Don't think my dad would take to kindly to me accusing him of taking my wallet and darts, even if I just beat him 2-1 in games!

• 3 months later...